Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GUI (Visual ) Game and Watch Creator!  (Read 3331 times)
thesacredphoenix
Intermediate Kitten

I like Chocobos.

View Profile Awards
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:17:46 PM »

Alright guys, it's done!  I know a bunch of people on Smash Boards expressed interest in it before and were excited to see if it'd get done, and alas, I buckled down and taught myself enough Perl to finish it =P  Figured I'd share it with you all at this forum, and maybe someone can add it to the Gallery page?  (Like the GWitizer link)

Basically here's the idea : GWitizer is a great tool, but unnecessarily difficult and tedious to use because you have to find the RGB values of all the colors you want, type them in one by one, and don't make any mistakes, because if you do, you have to start over.  Kind of tedious, yeah?

What I did was program a graphical interface, complete with color wheel and color chooser and all on Java, made it user friendly, made it send over all the data to the original GWitizer and automatically create your PAC and PCS files without ever needing to press one key stroke on your keyboard.  Add in that it's user friendly and something you don't even have to install and what you get is (I hope you feel this way, I do!) a nice little tool designed to make Game and Watch custom colors easier than ever.

So here's the download link first of all.  (Even people who downloaded the not completely working version a week ago need to redownload this, it has too many changes to try to edit that one.)  http://www.mediafire.com/?cmz5owtlkdx

There are more detailed instructions inside of the text file in the download, but here they are for those who want to know how to use it before they download:
1) Open ColorChooser.jar
2) Follow graphical interface instructions
3) Click bottom button
4) Copy over and rename the Game and Watch files that were created.

And that's it!  Easy, huh?

Special thanks to picano and elrefugio, who were both listed on the original GWitizer readme, so thanks for making the actual engine that creates the PAC and PCS files!

Want to see pictures?  Look no further!

Upon opening, shows previews and you can click the buttons to change whatever you want.  The rectangle represents Mr. Game and Watch's body color and outline and the oval represents Mr. Game and Watch's attack and final smash color and outline.

You can use the regular color palette...

Or go for the full spectrum layout.  The images update in real time as you confirm any color.

Want the same color effects as your Game and Watch?  No problem!  Don't want the same colors?  No problem either!

When you're done, click the bottom button, wait about 15 seconds, and TA-DA!, copy over your new Game and Watch .pac and .pcs files onto your SD Card and rename.  That easy!

So lemme know what you think, or where to go from here, etc.  Sorry, but I don't think I can ever program it to be able to pattern or texture pattern Game and Watch customs because I still use GWitizer as a code base, and if that program doesn't support it, mine doesn't either.  But if there is anything that people are looking for besides that, let me know!

Enjoy! ^_^
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 11:30:44 PM by thesacredphoenix » Logged

Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 06:23:33 PM »

Haven't tried it yet, but it looks super sexy.
    Command line sucks >.<

: SW-2632-7270-6724

thesacredphoenix
    Intermediate Kitten

I like Chocobos.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 07:07:52 PM »

So out of curiosity did mod move this thread or did I post it in the wrong place?

And Segtendo, yeah, Command line is a pain when it comes to entering dozens of numbers one by one =P

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »

I moved it because it doesn't belong in the Texture Hacks board.

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

Gazoinks
    Th-the cake, it's a lie!
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Helping Hand

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »

As I said on smashboards, great job on this.  Three thumbs up!

thesacredphoenix
    Intermediate Kitten

I like Chocobos.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 07:16:20 PM »

Shadow : That's fine, just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy, I just went to the Texture boards and didn't see it, that's all, haha.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: