Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help make Hacking not sound bad at all!  (Read 3943 times)
SonicWolf
Wolf Warrior
Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: February 10, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »

1 question. "What do you call __________ besides a hack?"

Well for my case I call Texture hacks Graphic Arts. Why? Because all we really do is make art via the game (in a way) to our own liking.

Models also means we must be creative. Even if we copy a model like Shadow the Hedgehog.

Sounds/Music gives us the freedom to put what we think should go where &/or put in our own songs the way we want.

All of us Hackers are just trying to make the game more fun. Had trobel with making your parents/Gardians let you hack? Well do they let you do art? If so they should let you hack. Why? Cuz hacking is really just video art in brawl. Don't belive me? Look at my textures & stuff. They all are unusual & sure many don't have many downloads but they are all simple or time consuming, BUT they all have 1 thing in common. They make the game more enjoyable.

Think of things to call multiple hacks & put them here when you can. It may even bring new ideas!  Happy Face

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »

Mods is a good word. Used everwhere in the world to describe what we're doing.

Ex: "I made this epic texture mod of Captain Falchion! It's a sword with fists and legs!"
    "Nude mods are an expression of creativity."
    "[censored] stole my mod!"
    The mods will hunt you down, persecute you, make you bow to them, and then ban you."
    « Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:27:09 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »

Mods is a good word. Used everwhere in the world to describe what we're doing. Ex: "I made this epic texture mod of Captain Falchion! It's a sword with fists and legs!" "Nude mods are an expression of creativity." "[censored] stole my mod!" The mods will hunt you down, persecute you, make you bow to them, and then ban you."

Great Mod is a great one too. Basicly if someone hates people hacking we should use the word ____ insted of Hack or Hax.  Cheesy

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:34:40 PM »

thats funny i do that also to make it not sound that bad(even though its not) i use the word customize like

"you no how i customize brawl?"

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 04:41:13 PM »

thats funny i do that also to make it not sound that bad(even though its not) i use the word customize like "you no how i customize brawl?"

Another Great Word! Customize!

Friends:

Volt_Storm_7
    Hyper Kitten

何で?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »

Enhance our experience, perhaps?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41055.0
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Looking for animations you cannot make yourself? Come request here.

Currently Working on
    - Neku Animations
    - Sanji Animations
    - Crystal Animations

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »

Enhance our experience, perhaps?
    Great! It's true & can be used plenty too. However it can be used as an exuse for people to use hacks online that aern't safe & won't destroy the game for others. Other than that it's very good.
    I'm sure that many who read this is thinking the same but probly can't decide what to call it so calling hacking that is good.
    Try using these words whenever you can. They may get more people to say yes to hacking our games. Hacking sounds more criminal compared to Mods, Modding, Graphic Arts, Customize, &" heres aa new 1 "Edit" simple can be used for many things. Heres a sentince. "I like to edit the music in Brawl" neat heres how it changes I'll use mod in this case. 1st hack "I texture hack brawl." now Mod "I like to texture mod brawl" sounds better already right?

Friends:

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »

1.    hacking    173 up, 59 down

Hacking is the gaining of access(wanted or unwanted) to a computer and viewing, copying, or creating data(leaving a trace) without the intention of destroying data or maliciously harming the computer.

This represents the Good Guys most of the time for they are the ones who search for these exploits to prevent crackers use a method called cracking(opposite of hacking).

Hacking and hackers are commonly mistaken to be the bad guys most of the time. Crackers are the ones who screw things over as far as creating virus, cracks, spyware, and destroying data.

tl;dr Hacking is good enough as it is, people just need to stop being idiots and making everything politically correct.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 11:20:09 AM »

1. hacking 173 up, 59 down Hacking is the gaining of access(wanted or unwanted) to a computer and viewing, copying, or creating data(leaving a trace) without the intention of destroying data or maliciously harming the computer. This represents the Good Guys most of the time for they are the ones who search for these exploits to prevent crackers use a method called cracking(opposite of hacking). Hacking and hackers are commonly mistaken to be the bad guys most of the time. Crackers are the ones who screw things over as far as creating virus, cracks, spyware, and destroying data. tl;dr Hacking is good enough as it is, people just need to stop being idiots and making everything politically correct.

Even so. Because People think Hacking is a bad thing (expesiely Nintendo if you know what I mean -_-) I'm trying to think of words to use insted of hack or Hacking or even Hax. Like for example. What if the police came by & asked if you knew somebody was hacking Brawl? Would you A: say "Oh I hack Brawl but I'd never harm anything." B: say "No. I only do Graphic Arts." or C: say "No. I don't know who. In fact hacking is not really bad. Infact, it's just art in a way so I think you see where I'm going with this."?
    Me I'd choose B. Why? Because it 1: Does not have the word Hack or anything that has Hack in it like Hacking or Hax. 2: It's telling the truth. & 3: I won't risk being in troble or get my Wii Confiscated in any way nor will I get Banned for that. If Nintendo wants people to not play free games like they say why not just ban everybody who hacks? Good or Bad they are the same. Why not? You know thats exactly why I made this post. Not for somebody to say Hacking is fine. Hacking is fine but people don't think so. Thats why we use words that aren't related too much to Hacking. Mod/Modding/Mods is the closest to hacking that you can say with out having somebody say something stupid. Think about it.

Friends:

dimdim07
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 03:59:54 AM »

I am really learning a lot from this thread. Please keep it up! Smiley

NO GUTS, NO GLORY!

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 08:59:39 AM »

I am really learning a lot from this thread. Please keep it up! Smiley

Cheesy
    At 1st my Mom & Dad was both "Hacking! No way!" But then I showed them a bit & told them more & in a month they finaly allowed me to start hacking.
    Since most people asosiat Hacking with some thing as bad as Hacking the Coputers of the CIA or worse then I've decided to create this thread so others who read it will be able to start much sooner just be confusing their Parents & still tell the truth!
    Words can be hard to think of so having a whoe thread for each word is very good for them so all they gotta do is cheack this thread & WALA! They can hack without any problems from their Parents! Many friends want to hack too but they can't only cuz of their parents. Undecided the word Hacking has a bad rep just cuz stupid hackers steal & Destory when they hack. We don't. We create a more fun & more personal version of a game that we have bought.

Heres a challenge for you guys! Find 10 people on here that has the exact (yes region also counts) same hacked game as somebody else. Nothing is deferent.
    Hint: Only way this would happen is if it's just a starter pack or if it's a pack somebody downloaded so they can play with their friends online with hacks. Otherwise they would have a deferent version.
    For example. I don't prefer characters that are incomplete like Silver the Hedgehog or even Blaze the Cat. Why? Cuz since they are incomplete they aren't gonna act right or look right in-game. I'm waiting for a good Knuckles so far & I have not even thought about getting an incomplete version of him.

Also: I'm gonna update the intro with all the words once there is a 2nd page.

Also glad ^ you ^ like this!

Friends:

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

They're evil, all over the world.

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »

Editing is quite a nice way of describing it, or atleast I think so..

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »

Editing is quite a nice way of describing it, or atleast I think so..

Easy to think of + a great word is not..... Bad at all! It's a good word!
    What do you think of hacking as? Think of words to describe that. I just think of it as art cuz theres so many ways you can put it together. So many things you can choose to have or not have.

Friends:

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: