Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game freezes when selecting a character  (Read 1009 times)
Gamedan85
Newbie Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 12, 2012, 11:14:13 AM »

My first post! Cheesy

I recently added a lot of things- psa hacks such as complete rosalina, lloyd and mewtwo- sound hacks such as lloyd announcer call (with fix), mewtwo announcer/attacks sounds, and I added some more portraits to the CSS, along with custom battle icons and stock icons.

I added these all at one time and then went to test them out.
    It makes it to the character selection screen, so I think the file size of common5_en.pac is okay, but when I click on the character, right before it says the announcer call for ANY character, the game freezes.

I use BionicSonic's modlauncher for Riivolution. I am going to continue modifying and testing right now, and hopefully I will eventually find the problem. I'm posting here in case that doesn't happen. I've been brawl hacking for years, and this case has never happened to me.

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:44:40 PM »

Try to track down which file freezes by taking out one or more hack at a time. I suggest starting with the brsar containing the SFX, and if that doesn't work, the CSS, and so on.

Gamedan85
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »

Thank you. I found out that it was the Mewtwo SFX that I added- the files I used on the smashbros brsar were .rwsd files, which I think don't work.
    I'm surprised how fast that took. Thanks for responding.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: