Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Riivolution Keeps Freezing At The CSS  (Read 1539 times)
ILoveePrincessPeach
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:12:20 AM »

I'm been working for hours trying to learn how to do SFX hacks, and I finally figured it out. I've always been a Gecko OS user, I just started to try out Riivolution today. It loads up the strap loader, title screen, and main menu just fine but it freezes every time I try to access the character select screen. I honestly do not know what I'm doing wrong. I never had any problems with this on Gecko OS.

So any way, I tested out the SFX in the Sound Test and they work just fine. The game just gives me the famous beep of death when I try to access the CSS. I have the latest version of Riivolution. I'm using the common5.pac file. I'm not even using any custom CSS portraits. What could I be doing wrong?  Sad

Sky Grounder
Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »

I'm been working for hours trying to learn how to do SFX hacks, and I finally figured it out. I've always been a Gecko OS user, I just started to try out Riivolution today. It loads up the strap loader, title screen, and main menu just fine but it freezes every time I try to access the character select screen. I honestly do not know what I'm doing wrong. I never had any problems with this on Gecko OS.

So any way, I tested out the SFX in the Sound Test and they work just fine. The game just gives me the famous beep of death when I try to access the CSS. I have the latest version of Riivolution. I'm using the common5.pac file. I'm not even using any custom CSS portraits. What could I be doing wrong?  Sad
    Try to find which file freezes the game first. Just simply remove the file you think freezes the game and see if it works. Start with the common5.pac first.

ILoveePrincessPeach
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 07:40:44 AM »

Yeah, I tried that already. I completely removed the common5.pac and it still froze. I tried removing the cheat file. It froze again. That's why I'm so confused. I'm not sure what else to try. It only does this at the character select screen. The game works fine when started up just normally, without even using Riivolution. Is Riivolution just a crappy program?

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 08:45:58 AM »

Yeah, I tried that already. I completely removed the common5.pac and it still froze. I tried removing the cheat file. It froze again. That's why I'm so confused. I'm not sure what else to try. It only does this at the character select screen. The game works fine when started up just normally, without even using Riivolution. Is Riivolution just a crappy program?
    Riivolution is not a crappy program. It's probably your smashbros_sound.brsar that keep freezing the game.

ILoveePrincessPeach
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 08:02:11 AM »

Thanks for trying to help me. I've gotten sick of Riivolution crashing my Wii, so I've already gone back to using Gecko OS. I've tried every possible alternative I can think of with no success. I even downloaded a non-edited smashbros_sound.brsar. I mean, it works fine in the Sound Test and then it freezes at the CSS. Oh well. If I keep up freezing my Wii like this ten times a day, it's gonna explode. It's already overheated.  Cheesy God bless.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: