[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 19, 2012, 10:03:50 AM #180 Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:31:21 AM by SDo0m InFiNiTy
Quote from: Alses on May 19, 2012, 07:52:29 AM
PS: What's planned to be done by the third demo?

All I can say is "a lot of stuff".  Since Demo 2 only came out a month ago, Demo 3 won't be for a looooong time.  But I will say that there's going to be some stuff that may blow people's minds.

However, what I can say is that we'll be releasing a patch for Demo 2 (Demo 2.1 if you may) fairly soon which fixes numerous glitches in Demo 2, as well as a couple of cool surprises.  

On a side note, we've reached 40,000 downloads ;D


Quote from: -Hero- on May 24, 2012, 04:37:47 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/23/super-smash-bros-brawl-project-m-skyloft-stage

Where...is...this...STAGE?! :srs:

I recall a member named SOJ released an unfinished version of a Skyloft Stage and M22K offered to fix some transparency things so.... maybe that's it?

I dunno, but I want it. :O

Ah yes, i checked his thread and forgot he was working on it.

I gotta say though, it came out GREAT.

Quote from: -Hero- on May 24, 2012, 04:48:31 AM
I gotta say though, it came out GREAT.

Absolutely. I have yet to play Skyward Sword myself (have it sitting up in my closet) but I love how the stage turned out. I especially like the Loftwing animations. XD

The patch is out guys. Later Days I'm going to sleep now.

And just to confirm: Yes the stage is in Demo 2.1. Which is released. Go now.

May 24, 2012, 06:00:09 AM #187 Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:56:26 AM by SDo0m InFiNiTy
For all the info on the patch (demo 2.1) see here:

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4352

Video of the revamped Temple:M Skyloft stage:

Skyloft [Project:M]

I honestly like brawl the way it is, better than melee. Melee was really fun and I never really lost, but It isn't as fun as brawl when I know I don't have to be faster than my opponent (which I generally am), but just have to be -better- than them.

But kudos to people who are making brawl fun for themselves, do what you enjoy.
"You can plan all you want but it won't matter if there's no execution."
Team thread (Nemesis): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45472.0

Oh it is in 2.1? Yessssssss. I'm excited.

Congrats on amassing 40k downloads, by the way. I only just caught that, so I'm a bit late. XD

So uhh! Hiya! Kinda dropping in to leave my thoughts and stuff. Oh, and sorry ICEN. I didn't really read your rant there. But I'm sure it wasn't directed at me, so I'll leave you and whoever that's for to read it...

Anyways, I gotta say, I LOVE Project M! Me and my friend sat down and played a good few hours the other day, and the changes are really fun! As far as each SSB has gone, I've always liked them for their own merits. But being able to see a giant-scale project like this come SO FAR is awesome! Being able to play with Brawl characters in a Melee syle on N64 stages is exactly what I envisioned from even before Project M was announced! It's a dream come true!

As for as the characters go, I enjoy Lucario the most! I've always found found him a bit slow for my tastes, so being able to run around and combo with him like a berserk Fox is very fun! The change I like least is Pit. Not because it's bad, or anything. I just don't know what to do with him since is forward-b is gone. Snake and Charizard are pleasant surprises, and seeing Sonic NOT spin in some of his Smashes was the best surprise EVER.

In all honesty, I'd love to see the entire game get retooled like Lucario. Not "combo systems" or whatever, but just, "changed." It'd be pretty cool. Just me, though.


Anyways, I gotta say. Good job, keep up the good work! I look forward to when it's completed!


Quote from: Spex130 on May 24, 2012, 05:30:23 PM
Oh, and sorry ICEN. I didn't really read your rant there.

Don't worry, no one did. :af:

Anywho, got to try 2.1, and I noticed something odd: the computers wavedash.

Was that.... uh.... intended? I thought it was pretty interesting. XD

Also, Ness actually used his PK Thunder as an attack, which kinda surprised me since the computer almost never does that. Just some AI quirks I found entertaining.

Also also, I'm in love with the Skyloft stage. Yeah.

Oh, and Peach still seems to freeze. It's a shame since she's my main and I wanted to try her out, but oh well. /:

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 24, 2012, 06:00:09 AM
For all the info on the patch (demo 2.1) see here:

http://www.smashmods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4352

Video of the revamped Temple:M Skyloft stage:

Skyloft [Project:M]
Dat stage! I want it. :af:
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Mercenary on May 24, 2012, 05:33:47 PM
Don't worry, no one did. :af:

Anywho, got to try 2.1, and I noticed something odd: the computers wavedash.

Was that.... uh.... intended? I thought it was pretty interesting. XD

Check the changelist.  It was completely intended ;)  Furthermore, Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco and Wolf occasionally L-Cancel their aerials too.  AI in general is much better and more aggressive than before.

Quote from: Mercenary on May 24, 2012, 05:33:47 PM
Oh, and Peach still seems to freeze. It's a shame since she's my main and I wanted to try her out, but oh well. /:

Care to elaborate?  Was never aware of any problems with Peach before, as nobody else has been experiencing any freezing with Peach.

Got the new demo.  Watching CPU Luigi WD across Smashville never gets old.  Haven't played enough to really notice the subtler balance fixes, but everything seems to be in order.