[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SiLeNt GeNtLeDo0m ThE 3rD on December 30, 2012, 02:24:00 PM
Except we didn't remove any stages.  You do realise the SSS has two pages right?

lol

Nope. Didn't notice.

... well that's embarrassing.


2.5 is a damn good update I must say. Really loving the changes ascetically and the actual game play changes.

Ivysaur is surprisingly my favorite added character. He's just too much fun to mess around with. Dem seed bomb mix ups.

I got a question though.. the Gecko OS gct is 34KB and gecko OS can't read that much but even though it does work but I don't know if it adds everything..
[/url]

I use Gecko OS with this GCT and it works fine for me.


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

I'd ask if the whole stage select page thing (if there's more than two, that is) single stock stuff and "forbidden tags" would ever be available on a normal Brawl, but I'm ready for any "nos" headed my way.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

So let's start a little discussion shall we?  Here's a couple of questions:

Who do you most enjoy out of the four new characters (Ivy, Squirtle, ZSS and Diddy)?

What are some of the major/minor changes that you really like about P:M (whether it be the characters, new SSS, recolours, engine fixes etc)?

Which character(s) do you main?

I'll be more in depth at Smashmods later on (after I spend a little more time with it)

Zero Suit is my most enjoyed of the newcomers. In-fact, my bro pulled off a D-air-to-death combo on DK at Skyloft.

Major stuff: the engine fixes. Game feels so much better.
Minor stuff: the recolours. Addressing some of the problematic colors is a great idea. I hope you guys plan to do more.

Mains: Fire Emblem
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Ivysaur (I switched to main her from Ness and Lucas), she's really easy to learn

Major Stuff: The engine (duh) and the new SSS, and Japanese Tags!!!
Minor Stuff: Stage striking, audio fade, and the recolors.

Mains: Toon Link and Ivysaur


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Bowser and snake recolors freeze on my game
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Well I like the single stock thing. On paper it sounds really interesting. How hard was it to even be implemented anyway?

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

oh ya and i tried thany's final roy ported to rob without codes and it freezes when it is supposed to say go!


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

luvin it so far but , a small issue so i was able to add most of the project m chars to my brawl so far but now when i add the new ones from this update it freezes n loses  chars mid battle any ideas?

As stated already my new favorite character is definitely Ivysaur. I always thought he had awesome smashes in brawl, but had garbage specials, now I see that it has been remedied and he is much more interesting to play.
As for changes, I'm digging the new character select screen, as well as the 3 frame delay fixing as that was what was really holding M from feeling like melee, I can say now it's my favorite smash game, and it's not even done.
Finally my mains are Ike, Toon Link, and Wolf at the moment (Working on Lucario and Ivysaur)
I just like how each character feels.

I love the new Ivysaur, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with Squirtle. He's the one I've been using the most, and mostly because of Bubble. Short hop + Bubble + Down Grab or Up Smash is one of my favorite short chains to pull off with him. So good.

My main is still Charizard, though. The fact that I love the Pokemon the most of all the characters makes me kind of wish the Pokemon Trainer was back in, but then that means they wouldn't have their individual Down Bs, which would render it kind of pointless... eh.

The thing I like most is the amount of aesthetic changes to things like graphics and animations. They may be small changes, but they really change the look and feel of the game, even for the characters who were recloned.