[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

you're not getting my point, im talking about remaking all the anouncer calls with a new voice, maybe even female?

The current announcer is fine. ._.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

December 14, 2013, 07:53:59 PM #1352 Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:55:16 PM by Scout
I disapprove of female announcer, I heard them and if they are gonna be like the ones on the vault... no, the current announcer is fine. I just grew used with the male one.

Also, have anybody fought Galleom and Duon yet?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I got your point exactly, which is why I explained that it'd be extremely hard for us to replace the announcer with a new one that actually sounds good.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

pretty sure the clone engine was harder though :P

A new announcer would be silly, in my opinion.

Like other people have said, keep the current one. I like him. (:

Quote from: Pin0yB0i on December 14, 2013, 10:05:47 PM
A new announcer would be silly, in my opinion.

Like other people have said, keep the current one. I like him. (:
I agree. People seem so quick to want to replace Pat Cashman...

He's THE Brawl Announcer. Replacing him with someone like Rina-Chan, or whatever seems wrong to me.

I'd say you guys should keep him.

Keeping the announcer gives it that natural feeling other announcers I've heard  have different pitches on the character calls but it could just be bad luck on my part.

December 14, 2013, 10:51:55 PM #1359 Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:55:53 PM by HaloedHero
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on December 14, 2013, 08:33:05 PM
pretty sure the clone engine was harder though :P

You'd be surprised. Coding issues, like the clone engine, either work or they don't, and finding solutions just takes patience and logic.

A new announcer is an artistic thing, which means we could work on it forever and never figure out how to get it just right, and it would be extremely difficult for us to produce it with quality as high as the current announcer. Given the choice between every announcer sound in the game being slightly inferior and two of them being slightly inferior, I'll take two of them.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

And they really aren't even that bad. Mewtwo's initial announcer call was kinda janky, but his and Roy's sound fine as they are, even if they were frankensteined from other sounds.

I honestly find the calls really good. I think they shouldnt be changed.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

When I first heard those announcer calls, I thought they sounded a bit off.
Now that I know where they come from, I'm surprised they didn't end up even worse.

And while a bit of distinction wouldn't hurt, without the proper recording equipment and know-how, they might might as well invest their time and money on things they have the means to make more distinctive.

For instance, I didn't think someone could make Falco more generic and insipid than the SSBB devs, but it looks like I was dead wrong. I don't care if you have a maniac tournament Falco player holding a knife to your throat, but I want you to fire whoever did all those lazy copy-paste Melee movesets and replace them with the guys who came up with actually creative ideas to de-clone Toon Link, Wolf and Lucario.
Honestly, I had fun playing with those, experimenting with their new stuff and the rest of the cast that recieved changes. But then I come to the top tier guys and all I can read is "return to their former glory", "restoration", "replica", "remade to match Melee".

You're giving both tournament AND non-tournament players reasons to play most of your characters over their Brawl/Melee equivalents. Why stop applying that constructive logic whenever you get closer to the Melee top tiers. Are Fox/Falco players notably more intolerant to change than Samus/Ganondorf players?

tl;dr: Is there any point for me, "casual" player, to play any of the copy-paste characters that I've already played for more than 7 years?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on December 15, 2013, 02:29:30 AM
When I first heard those announcer calls, I thought they sounded a bit off.
Now that I know where they come from, I'm surprised they didn't end up even worse.

And while a bit of distinction wouldn't hurt, without the proper recording equipment and know-how, they might might as well invest their time and money on things they have the means to make more distinctive.

For instance, I didn't think someone could make Falco more generic and insipid than the SSBB devs, but it looks like I was dead wrong. I don't care if you have a maniac tournament Falco player holding a knife to your throat, but I want you to fire whoever did all those lazy copy-paste Melee movesets and replace them with the guys who came up with actually creative ideas to de-clone Toon Link, Wolf and Lucario.
Honestly, I had fun playing with those, experimenting with their new stuff and the rest of the cast that recieved changes. But then I come to the top tier guys and all I can read is "return to their former glory", "restoration", "replica", "remade to match Melee".

You're giving both tournament AND non-tournament players reasons to play most of your characters over their Brawl/Melee equivalents. Why stop applying that constructive logic whenever you get closer to the Melee top tiers. Are Fox/Falco players notably more intolerant to change than Samus/Ganondorf players?

tl;dr: Is there any point for me, "casual" player, to play any of the copy-paste characters that I've already played for more than 7 years?

All of my this^

Wish they would make a better hybrid of Falco combining both the Brawl and Melee moveset 3: that would give him a so much better entity to what a P:M Falco should be :/

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

December 15, 2013, 02:56:32 AM #1364 Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:57:39 AM by Scout
Quote from: Miacis on December 15, 2013, 02:29:30 AM
Why stop applying that constructive logic whenever you get closer to the Melee top tiers. Are Fox/Falco players notably more intolerant to change than Samus/Ganondorf players?

Also adding that changing that could (censored) off a ton of top tier people that uses fox and falco BECAUSE of their melee predecessors. Believe me, aton of guys at my gaming club love fox/falco the way they are. And I seen alot of pm tourney displaying just how great and technical using those two are. It is best not to fix whats not broken, and just leave that melee influence alone.

And I'm saying this, not because I disagree with you (I want this change to happen), but for all of those annoying competitive guys who spent hours and hours training with characters that are hard to master would probably just stop playing pm altogether.

Besides, there is alot for casual players now.