[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on December 23, 2013, 05:13:01 PM
Don't give up; just practice.

Things are totally happening big time. Things that will completely change a certain thing forever. What things? Find out soon!
hmm... I wonder if your bringing back the flipper and parasol?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

I always thought wave dashing was just air dodging in any direction, but what is it actually?

December 23, 2013, 09:57:49 PM #1502 Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:58:55 PM by Mochtroid127
Quote from: Ganon-Punch on December 23, 2013, 09:15:00 PM
I always thought wave dashing was just air dodging in any direction, but what is it actually?

Not exactly. You air dodge into the ground, keeping the momentum from the air dodge which makes you slide on the ground without having to run. (In the case of Falcon and Ganondorf, it allows you to moonwalk if you do it right.) Ground distance varies based on the angle of the air dodge. Probably not quite the best way to put it, but I'm no expert on the subject, I just do it.

well, it's low hopping, and air dodge towards the ground in an angle without actually leaving the floor, making you slide a bit...
the difference between character really only is in how long he takes to "go aerial", and how far he slides... luigi is crazy with his slipperyness...

ninja'd


December 24, 2013, 07:33:41 PM #1505 Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 07:39:32 PM by Ikuto


You can Adress me as Near, Nate, River(s) or famously known as Ikuto.
Personas: Ikuto(Main) Near, Nate River, Light Yagami, And My sign up name Train-Heartnet, And 3-5 coming up!


Be careful mochtroid not to imply that one needs to wavedash in order to moonwalk.

Quote from: Szasz on December 26, 2013, 09:58:35 AM
Be careful mochtroid not to imply that one needs to wavedash in order to moonwalk.

I realize that you don't HAVE to, but it's almost impossible to moonwalk with someone like Ganondorf if you don't. The farthest I've gotten him to go without wavedashing is about... nowhere. Literally the spot where he started. Link on the other hand can do it pretty well without wavedashing, better than anyone else as far as I know.

Falcons, Mewtwos and Sonics moonwalk are amazing without wavedashing.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Lets say you dash to the right, you would want to get your control stick to the left as fast as possible after the dash. Sounds simple, but.. you'll have to do kind of an "hadouken" motion, if you don't you'll end up with a simple dashdance.
(yes, I know I'm awful at explaining.)
This might help:
Help With Moonwalking
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

December 26, 2013, 09:00:43 PM #1512 Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:03:01 PM by Mochtroid127
Quote from: dikekoj on December 26, 2013, 05:59:23 PM
how does moonwalking even work?

It basically tricks the game into letting your character run backwards by changing direction without tilting the stick the other direction, but rotating it instead.

One example would be, you could be facing right with Falcon, but with moonwalking, you move left while facing right, allowing you to do something like a reversed knee or something like that. It's a tricky move to pull off, especially with someone like Ganondorf. Characters like Falcon and Link (for some reason) can do pretty well without wavedashing, but Ganon has very little momentum from the start of his dash since he's so slow, so he can't go very far without wavedashing into his moonwalk. Still, it can be done, as shown by Bizzarroflame.  :af:

http://youtu.be/zexwVu-kh-I

It's amazing what Ganon is actually capable of doing.

So I finally played 3.0. here at home.

I tried Turbo Mode, and I have to say, it feels awkward, and I find it hard to get combos going, or when I start them, I find it very hard to keep them up.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on December 28, 2013, 07:01:53 AM
So I finally played 3.0. here at home.

I tried Turbo Mode, and I have to say, it feels awkward, and I find it hard to get combos going, or when I start them, I find it very hard to keep them up.

to get anything done in turbo you need a lot of practice, but you can get very quick kills with it xD