Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Holy [censored]!!!! Shun he looks f-ing amazing!!! Wow, you guys really know how to put an awesome model together! Damn, can't wait till I get my hands on him!
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Awakening Roy so I can put him on Project M Roy.

Also, dat Hero Ike.

Your buns are mine!

Really looking forward to the SSB4 Marth!
Will it include and alternate FE11/12 Falchion?

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Shadow_Dragon?file=FE11.jpg

So much better than the classic Falchion, it's absurd SSB4 is still using it, even with a FE11/12 inspired costume.

Also, was this ever released?

https://imageshack.com/i/7eroysosbrawlp

I saw it many pages back, but haven't seen it since.

Edit: I just saw that it was released, but also noticed it's using a different model than the Project M Roy.
I once typed this sentence into my signature.

Quote from: Ryouji Gunblade on December 16, 2013, 10:08:35 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Awakening Roy so I can put him on Project M Roy.

Also, dat Hero Ike.
I'll resume work on awakening Roy once I finish Awakening Marth. After seeing the new alternate costumes released for Project M 3.0, I felt motivated to make (and re-make) the awakening versions of Roy and Marth. I'll even consider Ike in the future.
Right now, I'm editing Marth again. He now has a better "skirt", shaped like Lucina's, new shoulderpads, a rapier and a falchion from awakening, vertexed hair and remapped textures. I'll try to post some pictures soon.
Quote from: Crixler on December 19, 2013, 06:27:23 PM
Really looking forward to the SSB4 Marth!
Will it include and alternate FE11/12 Falchion?

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Shadow_Dragon?file=FE11.jpg
I'll consider making it for the new Awakening Marth.
Quote from: Crixler on December 19, 2013, 06:27:23 PM
So much better than the classic Falchion, it's absurd SSB4 is still using it, even with a FE11/12 inspired costume.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Crixler on December 19, 2013, 06:27:23 PM
Also, was this ever released?

https://imageshack.com/i/7eroysosbrawlp

I saw it many pages back, but haven't seen it since.

Edit: I just saw that it was released, but also noticed it's using a different model than the Project M Roy.
I don't know if I ever released it, but I'll port that texture to the new model as soon as I can.

Oh I didn't mean Awakening Ike. I meant Radiant Dawn Hero Ike.

Your buns are mine!

Quote from: Crixler on December 19, 2013, 06:27:23 PM
Really looking forward to the SSB4 Marth!
Will it include and alternate FE11/12 Falchion?

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Shadow_Dragon?file=FE11.jpg

So much better than the classic Falchion, it's absurd SSB4 is still using it, even with a FE11/12 inspired costume.

Also, was this ever released?

https://imageshack.com/i/7eroysosbrawlp

I saw it many pages back, but haven't seen it since.

Edit: I just saw that it was released, but also noticed it's using a different model than the Project M Roy.

I have plans to model that Falchion sometime. I definitely won't hesitate to add that to SSB4 Marth when I do.

Awesome little preview of Marth in your sig there Satoshi.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks, I like having some small animated things in my sigs. I thought Marth would be a good replacement for my last one, so why not have him there?

Post Merge: December 21, 2013, 03:51:25 AM

All right, I just finished off the model for FE11/FE12 Falchion. Here's a preview:



I tried keeping its size consistent with the other Falchion as well. They have the same length of blade and very similar handle lengths, so it shouldn't look too strange when Marth uses it. And yes, I reused part of Falchion's handle. Because I can.

ANYWAY, Moving on to texturing it. Let me know what you all think of it so far, I appreciate feedback!

Wow it looks great, good job man! I wonder why sakurai didn't use this model in SSB4? It doesn't make any sense to use a slightly changed version of his old sword.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think it looks fantastic! At first I thought the blade looked slightly too thick, but in any case I think it keeps it more consistent with with the original/SSB4 version.

Quote from: heavyd88 on December 21, 2013, 03:54:49 AM
Wow it looks great, good job man! I wonder why sakurai didn't use this model in SSB4? It doesn't make any sense to use a slightly changed version of his old sword.
I think it's because the design of that Falchion in particular is more symbolic of the franchise. Just look at the FE icon/logo from Melee, Brawl, and 4, they all pretty much look exactly like the Falchion from FE1/3. Even the Tyrfing on the cover of FE4(claimed to be one of the most successful games in the series) looks REALLY similar to the early Falchion, so I could see how both fans and Nintendo alike associate the design of those blades with the series image.


I love it. :o
The spikes near the tip of the blade might be a bit steep, but they could probably work as is. That's amazing.

Edit: The base of the crossguard might be a little thick at the moment. Maybe textures could help fix that, but it looks a bit off at the moment.

Edit 2: Here's a pic of what I think could be altered:



Top one is modified, bottom is your original. Now that I think about it, the spikes at the front might be a little tall, too.
I once typed this sentence into my signature.

Quote from: Rufure on December 21, 2013, 04:27:08 AM
I think it's because the design of that Falchion in particular is more symbolic of the franchise. Just look at the FE icon/logo from Melee, Brawl, and 4, they all pretty much look exactly like the Falchion from FE1/3. Even the Tyrfing on the cover of FE4(claimed to be one of the most successful games in the series) looks REALLY similar to the early Falchion, so I could see how both fans and Nintendo alike associate the design of those blades with the series image.

Ah, why didn't that cross my mind? oh well, yeah I see your point. It does make more sense that way.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks for the feedback! I've done a bit more with it now, I started mapping it last night and I'm planning on finishing off the textures tonight. Here's what I've got so far:



I'm using the colors from the real version of the Falchion, which is also my main reference:


Obviously, it isn't finished yet, so everything is subject to change.

Lookin nice!
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.