WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I finished it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


now i just have to go back and fix things up. i dont like when he goes to his left the second time. his hands spaz a bit and it looks odd. also have to fix his legs and feet. and his return to the start looks a bit odd. but im done with it so i can now fix stuff.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I like this animation, but I think there needs to be some more sway in his hips.
But as you said, you're getting more accustomed to animating, so of course it's a great start.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's a good start, but you need to do a bit more work on those animations. Take a look at Melee Pichu's Up Smash animations for a reference.

I would also consider changing Up Tilt to something else, as your current Up Tilt and Up Smash look way too much alike.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 16, 2015, 01:50:36 PM
It's a good start, but you need to do a bit more work on those animations. Take a look at Melee Pichu's Up Smash animations for a reference.

I would also consider changing Up Tilt to something else, as your current Up Tilt and Up Smash look way too much alike.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

a old psa that me and sonic brawler made 2 years ago i thought i lost the files. the psa is over olimar just need to fix some coding thats why the down b was not shown and need a idea for a final smash.




Quote from: Leon Exodio on March 20, 2015, 01:08:04 AM
a old psa that me and sonic brawler made 2 years ago i thought i lost the files. the psa is over olimar just need to fix some coding thats why the down b was not shown and need a idea for a final smash.




great idea for a psa i wonder why nobody tough about it before

my ideas probably arent very pratical but here it goes

A huge book from yoshy story appears below yoshy (yoshi is in the fold f the book) time stops and then the book closes and anyone cought in the closure takes massive damage and knockback.

Get several of  the enemies from yoshi story and make them run and shoot tuff all over the place.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 21, 2015, 05:23:15 AM #1882 Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 05:25:44 AM by Segtendo
Quote from: Leon Exodio on March 20, 2015, 01:08:04 AM
a old psa that me and sonic brawler made 2 years ago i thought i lost the files. the psa is over olimar just need to fix some coding thats why the down b was not shown and need a idea for a final smash.




I have an idea. Not the same game, but same series.
[spoiler]
Have a giant egg from New Island spawn. Yoshi aims it like a normal egg and it bounces around, inflicting 10-15% damage per hit.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Some stuff that I did on stream.

Wait animation (might revamp/redo):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Spin Attack:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Misc Animation 1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Misc Animation 2:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.





IMPORTANT: I didn't edit the interpolation for any animations. I'll definitely edit them when I'm about to export them.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The Wait and Spin attack need a bit of work. The two misc animations look fine though.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

March 22, 2015, 12:33:30 AM #1885 Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:35:03 AM by drogoth
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 22, 2015, 12:27:11 AM
The Wait and Spin attack need a bit of work.

What would you suggest for the wait? I'm not too happy with it, but I don't know what I can fix.

And for the Spin attack, I'd personally edit the ending transition. But is there anything else?

inb4 robotic V:

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 22, 2015, 12:27:11 AM
The two misc animations look fine though.

Of course they are.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: drogoth on March 22, 2015, 12:33:30 AMinb4 robotic V:
:V

The Wait animation is rather robotic. But the spin animation should be a bit shorter. The spin should be quicker and the recoil crouch should be a bit more subtle.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 22, 2015, 12:38:14 AM
The Wait animation is rather robotic. But the spin animation should be a bit shorter. The spin should be quicker and the recoil crouch should be a bit more subtle.

Wait animation - damnit man >:V
Spin Attack - I'm planning to add multiple spins when I import it into BBox. Those are there just to get the general idea. And I'll look into the recoil.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The spin attack needs to flow better, it's obvious that things go from one pose to the next.

--
Before I continue, check out this guy
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlejandroLuisGarcia

He talks about physics and explains them in the context of animation. He goes into forces, rotational intertia, momentum, walking, balance, weight shift, dynamic weight shift... a lot. Take a look at some vids and see how you can apply some ideas.

For learning purposes, try to apply ideas and understand at a comfortable rate, otherwise you may get overwhelmed.
--

Back to the spin attack. After trying to spin like link, maybe his left leg should lead the spin. His feet are the foundation on which rotation is created, thus they need more emphasis. You need to visually convey that more. At the moment, his back leg just "lifts", then the rotation starts- it feels weightless. Instead, try to make his hips/body in the direction of rotation before his foot lifts. That should visually show that his feet are moving his body- it makes sense.

The slash itself should be pretty quick, I think you can get away with alot there.

The other key point to emphasize is the plant. Once the foot plants, Link still has rotational inertia. If he wants to forcibly stop rotating, he needs to plant that foot.  From your animation, it seems there's an "finisher" slash. From my attempts, I can get that feel only by planting the foot first which allows a stability (important) and that little extra "oomph" for the ending.

Fix those key points and you'll be fine.

As much as I like animation, I haven't been practicing lately. But, I hope the crits is still helpful.




Quote from: TheShyGuy on March 22, 2015, 03:12:20 AM
The spin attack needs to flow better, it's obvious that things go from one pose to the next.

--
Before I continue, check out this guy
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlejandroLuisGarcia

He talks about physics and explains them in the context of animation. He goes into forces, rotational intertia, momentum, walking, balance, weight shift, dynamic weight shift... a lot. Take a look at some vids and see how you can apply some ideas.

For learning purposes, try to apply ideas and understand at a comfortable rate, otherwise you may get overwhelmed.
--

Back to the spin attack. After trying to spin like link, maybe his left leg should lead the spin. His feet are the foundation on which rotation is created, thus they need more emphasis. You need to visually convey that more. At the moment, his back leg just "lifts", then the rotation starts- it feels weightless. Instead, try to make his hips/body in the direction of rotation before his foot lifts. That should visually show that his feet are moving his body- it makes sense.

The slash itself should be pretty quick, I think you can get away with alot there.

The other key point to emphasize is the plant. Once the foot plants, Link still has rotational inertia. If he wants to forcibly stop rotating, he needs to plant that foot.  From your animation, it seems there's an "finisher" slash. From my attempts, I can get that feel only by planting the foot first which allows a stability (important) and that little extra "oomph" for the ending.

Fix those key points and you'll be fine.

As much as I like animation, I haven't been practicing lately. But, I hope the crits is still helpful.

I understand completely, and I really appreciate all your critique. It's always helpful.
I'll admit, I didn't act out any of the animations before doing them. Doing them myself definitely would have helped
I agree with everything you've said, now that you've mentioned it lol. I'll see what I can do.

What do you think needs to be done with the wait? Right now it looks really lack luster and just odd imo, but it's the best I could do with the little effort I used lol


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.