Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Shadow Plus - A Small Side Project  (Read 27557 times)
Blue
Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 01:37:57 PM »

No running damage? I ain't downloading D:

Screw signature's, I have the number 42.

Kaye Cruiser
Waveshocker Sigma
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 06:55:35 PM »

No running damage? I ain't downloading D:

Idiot. ¦D

Anyways, here's a brand new FitMotion for you guys. Thanks to wilttilt over at Smashboards, Shadow now skates. only problem is that while he goes smoothly and doesn't stop at all middway, he's slightly slower than normal Sonic. We're working on fixing that. XD;

I also updated a lot of animations with the correct spines. Mostly noted of all would be his victory poses. They'll ALL have the Shadow spines now to go along with his angtsy "Who the took the DAMN last muffin?" frown. Same goes for his beamsword swings, while he's on a ladder, his glitches with the forward throw, trow escape and turning animations with the spines have been fixed. Many others have been fixed too, and I'm working on getting the rest...later. XD And last of all, a new "Wait3". This is thanks to BSZ I believe. it was for Wait2, but I liked the loud foot stomping, so I moved it to 3. Shadow does his signature arms crossed stand while looking around. Basically looks like Ganon's waiting animation...A lot like it actually. O_o

I'll get to finishing up all the spines soon, then I'll add on to the moveset since I know what I'll be doing for Side B now.

Here you go. This'll be in the first post too. :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?ntm3xdjitmn

Chaotix000
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 04:59:31 PM »

hey would it be cool if i used yr touched up animations for my shadow project. i was editinga lot of them already but this will save me some time

Overly Epux
    Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 12:49:35 PM »

Hey is the fitmotion ect.pac the model? (I wanna model-swap him for olimar)

ManikDX
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »

dude, i don't think so

Chaotix000
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 09:20:15 AM »

nope theyre just really good animations

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 09:17:15 PM »

I have an idea for his side+b. You could have it be similar to fox/falco's side+b, but make it stun like zss down smash/B attack, with delayed knockback. Oh, and with a fire or darkness effect on it.

Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
    Check out our music request thread here

Chaotix000
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 02:23:41 AM »

huh me?

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 05:15:21 AM »

Please no "rocket shoes"...Shadow has no such thing. Only an energy slide in Sonic Battle.

B- Chargeable Chaos Spear.

Air B- Angled down Chaos Spear.

Similar so Shiek's needles.

Side B- Light Speed Dash a la Fox w/o beginning lag.

Air Side B- Same w/o falling but no Up B after.

Up B- Homing Attack with a lot more ending lag. Also when away from stage home in on ledge. Not as OD as other homing recovers.

Down B- Flaming somersault.

Overly Epux
    Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 08:46:01 AM »

Please no "rocket shoes"...Shadow has no such thing. Only an energy slide in Sonic Battle.
    Lol are you serious?  Shadow had the Hover/Rocket shoes in SA2 (the 1st game he appeared in) And yeah, he used them to hover at one point.  Play shadow the hedgehog or Sonic heroes.  They have some pretty good shots of him with his shoes. (In game)

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 12:12:07 AM »

Hover not rocket. The are just blowing high pressure air...there's no heat coming from them. Too many people seem fixated on them shooting fire which Shadow has never once used a fire based attack outside his somersault...which Sonic can do as well.

My suggestions are based strictly on SA2 and comic series being that they are the most canon in the storyline. Every 3D game after SA2 was and embarrassment to the franchise. Not saying they were bad though.

Sonic battle at least as basic attacks that don't stray from the series.

A FS for Shadow should be Chaos Control. Slow down time with attack buffs like Warioman.

Despite how much people like teleporting Shadow almost never uses Chaos Control.

Chaotix000
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 03:56:18 AM »

but chaos control fits. sonic can use hte fire ring but its more fitting on shadow and in sa2 it kinda looks like he has rocket like shoes kuz it looks firey under his shoes. i know in my shadow project he has a few fire moves. it just seems to fit better. thats probably what people r trying to get at. i say if u dont like the fire thing make yr own moveset.

Overly Epux
    Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 09:49:26 AM »

Hover not rocket. The are just blowing high pressure air...there's no heat coming from them. Too many people seem fixated on them shooting fire which Shadow has never once used a fire based attack outside his somersault...which Sonic can do as well.

My suggestions are based strictly on SA2 and comic series being that they are the most canon in the storyline. Every 3D game after SA2 was and embarrassment to the franchise. Not saying they were bad though.

Sonic battle at least as basic attacks that don't stray from the series.

A FS for Shadow should be Chaos Control. Slow down time with attack buffs like Warioman.

Despite how much people like teleporting Shadow almost never uses Chaos Control.

I disagree, I loved all of the 3D games so far.  And yes there is heat
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ayAC-TtW8&feature=related" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ayAC-TtW8&feature=related</a>
    .  And yes he does hover Cheesy
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSppwknnMSc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSppwknnMSc</a>
    2:22.  And Another one (I'm a [censored] aint I?  He does use Chaos control frequently. 
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvbyIFy_NR0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvbyIFy_NR0</a>

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 12:09:01 AM »

Suggestions for Special Moves(just tossing out ideas):

Neutral B: Chargeable Chaos Control
    -the longer you charge it, the bigger it's range gets
    -time frozen opponents stay frozen for about 1 - 2 whole seconds
    -no charge range would be having to touch Shadow(be RIGHT next to him)
    -full charge range would be half of Final Destination
    -range expands like a sphere growing bigger
    -3 full seconds to charge to full power
    -give it some lag when it's finished so if your opponent dodges it, you get punished, but keep the opponent frozen long enough for you to attack so if you do it right, you get rewarded

Side B: Chaos Spear
    -Chargeable, 3 levels of charge
    -shoots a yellow spear straight forward causing damage
    -1st level causes paralysis(think Zero Suit Samus' neutral B), low damage, used as setup for another move
    -2nd level causes small explosion on contact(think Link's bombs), charge required, more damage
    -3rd level shoots out a bigger spear, causes bigger explosion(think Snake's missle), used as a potential finisher move(KO's around 110% maybe)
    -has the speed of Pit's Arrows
    -1st level charge does 3-4%
    -2nd level does 10%
    -3rd level does 15%
    -45 degree angle knockback upwards
    -1st level takes no charge
    -2nd level takes a little less than a full second to charge)
    -3rd level take 1 and 1/2 to 2 full seconds to charge

Down B: Chaos Blast
    -Chargeable explosive wave
    -color is red
    -everything from chaos control applies here except this wave does damage and a few other things listed below
    -charge time is equivalent to Ike's neutral B
    -damage is equivalent to Ike's neutral B but has more range
    -closer you are to Shadow, the more damage is done

Side B IN AIR: Chaos Spears
    -have multiple shoot out at a downward angle to the ground(think Sheik's needles used in air)
    -since this shoots multiple spears in a range, the effects in the air should be weakened
    -there's still 3 levels of charge
    -while charging in air, Shadow floats in mid-air(like he did in Sonic06), maybe put fire/air effects under his shoes to make it look like he's floating somewhat

Neutral B IN AIR: Black Tornado(from Sonic Heroes)
    -Shadow jumps into a ball and spins in a circle, black tornado/wind effects show up
    -opponents get pulled in
    -if opponents are successfully drawn in, it shoots them upward a little putting them in a tumble animation for quick punishment
    -does small damage if opponent successfully drawn in(like 2-5%)
    -the upwards trajectory isn't very high so opponents can be reached to punish, but it DOES have knockback growth so punishing becomes harder when the opponent is badly damaged

Neutral B IN AIR 2: Chaos Lance
    -It's a homing attack, but can follow up multiple times on other opponents or the same one
    -1st hit works just like Sonic's neutral B, but has longer range and is a little faster
    -there can be up to 4 hits after the first
    -Shadow teleports after the opponent for a teleport kick
    -this is activated by pressing B after the first hit
    -Shadow can land up to 5 hits total
    -Which character he teleports to is randomly chosen or can be influenced by where you push the control stick
    -each consecutive attack is stronger than the last
    -the timing to pull off another hit is similar to how Marth's side B worked in Melee, do the right timing you get another hit, do it wrong you're left open for a split second
    -the timing for each hit gets more difficult than the last
    -last hit does a whopping 25% with big knockback but this will be unlikely to pull off most of the time if the timing is made difficult enough

Up B: Teleport
    -Give it shorter distance than Sonic's spring, but make it so you can control it's dirrection, think Mewtwo's UpB from Melee

DownB 2: Chaos Boost
    -Shadow can charge up his attack strength and defense
    -Give him a charging animation, if it is interrupted, no boost will be given
    -there are 3 levels
    -the time to complete the boost animation takes 3 whole seconds each time
    -the boost is adding 3-5% to every attack for each boost

Final Smash:
    -Just like Sonic's except give him his Super form Color(that creamy golden yellow) and differences listed below
    -have him damage opponents by shooting red chaos spears down(think diddy's final smash) seeing as that's what he did in Sonic 06 and his own game in his super form
    -he can still damage opponents by touching them like Sonic(but who would be dumb enough to jump up to him, oh wait, if a spear hits and send the opponent upwards, then you could hit them)

Chaos Blast:
    -This is is you don't use it for downB
    -just a generic big red explosion killing everyone

OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
    -His running speed is equal to Sonic's(to keep his character correct to the series) OR his running speed is faster but has slower acceleration
    -See if you can make his attack animations more ninja-esque style, maybe similar to his moves from Sonic Battle, seeing as he is programmed for fighting, he is more built for combat than Sonic
    -He slides a bit when he stops running, controlling him is more difficult than sonic
    -See if you can give him a 3rd jump so he can use his rocket shoes, as shown in the opening of his game, he can fly, so give him that ability a little, think R.O.B.s upB but lasts about 1/4 as long, Sonic's recovery should be slightly better though
    -Shadow is slightly stronger than Sonic, let that refelct in his melee A LITTLE(1-2%)
    -See if you can change the majority of his animations to change his style from sonic's, Shadow's fighting style is martial artist like(roundhouse kicks and such) and more brutal, it reflects his character
    -Oh and take out chaos control on his sidesmash so it can be used on neutral B, it's to cheap the other way

I hope most of this is possible, I might have a few more ideas later but I hope you at least consider these, it would make Shadow very unique

Overly Epux
    Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 01:02:02 PM »

Suggestions for Special Moves(just tossing out ideas):

Neutral B: Chargeable Chaos Control
    -the longer you charge it, the bigger it's range gets
    -time frozen opponents stay frozen for about 1 - 2 whole seconds
    -no charge range would be having to touch Shadow(be RIGHT next to him)
    -full charge range would be half of Final Destination
    -range expands like a sphere growing bigger
    -3 full seconds to charge to full power
    -give it some lag when it's finished so if your opponent dodges it, you get punished, but keep the opponent frozen long enough for you to attack so if you do it right, you get rewarded

Side B: Chaos Spear
    -Chargeable, 3 levels of charge
    -shoots a yellow spear straight forward causing damage
    -1st level causes paralysis(think Zero Suit Samus' neutral B), low damage, used as setup for another move
    -2nd level causes small explosion on contact(think Link's bombs), charge required, more damage
    -3rd level shoots out a bigger spear, causes bigger explosion(think Snake's missle), used as a potential finisher move(KO's around 110% maybe)
    -has the speed of Pit's Arrows
    -1st level charge does 3-4%
    -2nd level does 10%
    -3rd level does 15%
    -45 degree angle knockback upwards
    -1st level takes no charge
    -2nd level takes a little less than a full second to charge)
    -3rd level take 1 and 1/2 to 2 full seconds to charge

Down B: Chaos Blast
    -Chargeable explosive wave
    -color is red
    -everything from chaos control applies here except this wave does damage and a few other things listed below
    -charge time is equivalent to Ike's neutral B
    -damage is equivalent to Ike's neutral B but has more range
    -closer you are to Shadow, the more damage is done

Side B IN AIR: Chaos Spears
    -have multiple shoot out at a downward angle to the ground(think Sheik's needles used in air)
    -since this shoots multiple spears in a range, the effects in the air should be weakened
    -there's still 3 levels of charge
    -while charging in air, Shadow floats in mid-air(like he did in Sonic06), maybe put fire/air effects under his shoes to make it look like he's floating somewhat

Neutral B IN AIR: Black Tornado(from Sonic Heroes)
    -Shadow jumps into a ball and spins in a circle, black tornado/wind effects show up
    -opponents get pulled in
    -if opponents are successfully drawn in, it shoots them upward a little putting them in a tumble animation for quick punishment
    -does small damage if opponent successfully drawn in(like 2-5%)
    -the upwards trajectory isn't very high so opponents can be reached to punish, but it DOES have knockback growth so punishing becomes harder when the opponent is badly damaged

Neutral B IN AIR 2: Chaos Lance
    -It's a homing attack, but can follow up multiple times on other opponents or the same one
    -1st hit works just like Sonic's neutral B, but has longer range and is a little faster
    -there can be up to 4 hits after the first
    -Shadow teleports after the opponent for a teleport kick
    -this is activated by pressing B after the first hit
    -Shadow can land up to 5 hits total
    -Which character he teleports to is randomly chosen or can be influenced by where you push the control stick
    -each consecutive attack is stronger than the last
    -the timing to pull off another hit is similar to how Marth's side B worked in Melee, do the right timing you get another hit, do it wrong you're left open for a split second
    -the timing for each hit gets more difficult than the last
    -last hit does a whopping 25% with big knockback but this will be unlikely to pull off most of the time if the timing is made difficult enough

Up B: Teleport
    -Give it shorter distance than Sonic's spring, but make it so you can control it's dirrection, think Mewtwo's UpB from Melee

DownB 2: Chaos Boost
    -Shadow can charge up his attack strength and defense
    -Give him a charging animation, if it is interrupted, no boost will be given
    -there are 3 levels
    -the time to complete the boost animation takes 3 whole seconds each time
    -the boost is adding 3-5% to every attack for each boost

Final Smash:
    -Just like Sonic's except give him his Super form Color(that creamy golden yellow) and differences listed below
    -have him damage opponents by shooting red chaos spears down(think diddy's final smash) seeing as that's what he did in Sonic 06 and his own game in his super form
    -he can still damage opponents by touching them like Sonic(but who would be dumb enough to jump up to him, oh wait, if a spear hits and send the opponent upwards, then you could hit them)

Chaos Blast:
    -This is is you don't use it for downB
    -just a generic big red explosion killing everyone

OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
    -His running speed is equal to Sonic's(to keep his character correct to the series) OR his running speed is faster but has slower acceleration
    -See if you can make his attack animations more ninja-esque style, maybe similar to his moves from Sonic Battle, seeing as he is programmed for fighting, he is more built for combat than Sonic
    -He slides a bit when he stops running, controlling him is more difficult than sonic
    -See if you can give him a 3rd jump so he can use his rocket shoes, as shown in the opening of his game, he can fly, so give him that ability a little, think R.O.B.s upB but lasts about 1/4 as long, Sonic's recovery should be slightly better though
    -Shadow is slightly stronger than Sonic, let that refelct in his melee A LITTLE(1-2%)
    -See if you can change the majority of his animations to change his style from sonic's, Shadow's fighting style is martial artist like(roundhouse kicks and such) and more brutal, it reflects his character
    -Oh and take out chaos control on his sidesmash so it can be used on neutral B, it's to cheap the other way

I hope most of this is possible, I might have a few more ideas later but I hope you at least consider these, it would make Shadow very unique
    Awseome moveset idea.  Only thing I can argue with is that shadow isn't faster, he's a bit slower, but has higher acceleration.  (Play SA2 in two player mode, you'l see what I mean.)

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: