Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Shadow Plus - A Small Side Project  (Read 27553 times)
hughie
Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »

Suggestions for Special Moves(just tossing out ideas):

Neutral B: Chargeable Chaos Control
    -the longer you charge it, the bigger it's range gets
    -time frozen opponents stay frozen for about 1 - 2 whole seconds
    -no charge range would be having to touch Shadow(be RIGHT next to him)
    -full charge range would be half of Final Destination
    -range expands like a sphere growing bigger
    -3 full seconds to charge to full power
    -give it some lag when it's finished so if your opponent dodges it, you get punished, but keep the opponent frozen long enough for you to attack so if you do it right, you get rewarded

Side B: Chaos Spear
    -Chargeable, 3 levels of charge
    -shoots a yellow spear straight forward causing damage
    -1st level causes paralysis(think Zero Suit Samus' neutral B), low damage, used as setup for another move
    -2nd level causes small explosion on contact(think Link's bombs), charge required, more damage
    -3rd level shoots out a bigger spear, causes bigger explosion(think Snake's missle), used as a potential finisher move(KO's around 110% maybe)
    -has the speed of Pit's Arrows
    -1st level charge does 3-4%
    -2nd level does 10%
    -3rd level does 15%
    -45 degree angle knockback upwards
    -1st level takes no charge
    -2nd level takes a little less than a full second to charge)
    -3rd level take 1 and 1/2 to 2 full seconds to charge

Down B: Chaos Blast
    -Chargeable explosive wave
    -color is red
    -everything from chaos control applies here except this wave does damage and a few other things listed below
    -charge time is equivalent to Ike's neutral B
    -damage is equivalent to Ike's neutral B but has more range
    -closer you are to Shadow, the more damage is done

Side B IN AIR: Chaos Spears
    -have multiple shoot out at a downward angle to the ground(think Sheik's needles used in air)
    -since this shoots multiple spears in a range, the effects in the air should be weakened
    -there's still 3 levels of charge
    -while charging in air, Shadow floats in mid-air(like he did in Sonic06), maybe put fire/air effects under his shoes to make it look like he's floating somewhat

Neutral B IN AIR: Black Tornado(from Sonic Heroes)
    -Shadow jumps into a ball and spins in a circle, black tornado/wind effects show up
    -opponents get pulled in
    -if opponents are successfully drawn in, it shoots them upward a little putting them in a tumble animation for quick punishment
    -does small damage if opponent successfully drawn in(like 2-5%)
    -the upwards trajectory isn't very high so opponents can be reached to punish, but it DOES have knockback growth so punishing becomes harder when the opponent is badly damaged

Neutral B IN AIR 2: Chaos Lance
    -It's a homing attack, but can follow up multiple times on other opponents or the same one
    -1st hit works just like Sonic's neutral B, but has longer range and is a little faster
    -there can be up to 4 hits after the first
    -Shadow teleports after the opponent for a teleport kick
    -this is activated by pressing B after the first hit
    -Shadow can land up to 5 hits total
    -Which character he teleports to is randomly chosen or can be influenced by where you push the control stick
    -each consecutive attack is stronger than the last
    -the timing to pull off another hit is similar to how Marth's side B worked in Melee, do the right timing you get another hit, do it wrong you're left open for a split second
    -the timing for each hit gets more difficult than the last
    -last hit does a whopping 25% with big knockback but this will be unlikely to pull off most of the time if the timing is made difficult enough

Up B: Teleport
    -Give it shorter distance than Sonic's spring, but make it so you can control it's dirrection, think Mewtwo's UpB from Melee

DownB 2: Chaos Boost
    -Shadow can charge up his attack strength and defense
    -Give him a charging animation, if it is interrupted, no boost will be given
    -there are 3 levels
    -the time to complete the boost animation takes 3 whole seconds each time
    -the boost is adding 3-5% to every attack for each boost

Final Smash:
    -Just like Sonic's except give him his Super form Color(that creamy golden yellow) and differences listed below
    -have him damage opponents by shooting red chaos spears down(think diddy's final smash) seeing as that's what he did in Sonic 06 and his own game in his super form
    -he can still damage opponents by touching them like Sonic(but who would be dumb enough to jump up to him, oh wait, if a spear hits and send the opponent upwards, then you could hit them)

Chaos Blast:
    -This is is you don't use it for downB
    -just a generic big red explosion killing everyone

OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
    -His running speed is equal to Sonic's(to keep his character correct to the series) OR his running speed is faster but has slower acceleration
    -See if you can make his attack animations more ninja-esque style, maybe similar to his moves from Sonic Battle, seeing as he is programmed for fighting, he is more built for combat than Sonic
    -He slides a bit when he stops running, controlling him is more difficult than sonic
    -See if you can give him a 3rd jump so he can use his rocket shoes, as shown in the opening of his game, he can fly, so give him that ability a little, think R.O.B.s upB but lasts about 1/4 as long, Sonic's recovery should be slightly better though
    -Shadow is slightly stronger than Sonic, let that refelct in his melee A LITTLE(1-2%)
    -See if you can change the majority of his animations to change his style from sonic's, Shadow's fighting style is martial artist like(roundhouse kicks and such) and more brutal, it reflects his character
    -Oh and take out chaos control on his sidesmash so it can be used on neutral B, it's to cheap the other way

I hope most of this is possible, I might have a few more ideas later but I hope you at least consider these, it would make Shadow very unique
    Awseome moveset idea.  Only thing I can argue with is that shadow isn't faster, he's a bit slower, but has higher acceleration.  (Play SA2 in two player mode, you'l see what I mean.)
    Thats metal sonic, Shadow is faster in Sonic Battle (His run card even said it )

Overly Epux
    Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »

Suggestions for Special Moves(just tossing out ideas):

Neutral B: Chargeable Chaos Control
    -the longer you charge it, the bigger it's range gets
    -time frozen opponents stay frozen for about 1 - 2 whole seconds
    -no charge range would be having to touch Shadow(be RIGHT next to him)
    -full charge range would be half of Final Destination
    -range expands like a sphere growing bigger
    -3 full seconds to charge to full power
    -give it some lag when it's finished so if your opponent dodges it, you get punished, but keep the opponent frozen long enough for you to attack so if you do it right, you get rewarded

Side B: Chaos Spear
    -Chargeable, 3 levels of charge
    -shoots a yellow spear straight forward causing damage
    -1st level causes paralysis(think Zero Suit Samus' neutral B), low damage, used as setup for another move
    -2nd level causes small explosion on contact(think Link's bombs), charge required, more damage
    -3rd level shoots out a bigger spear, causes bigger explosion(think Snake's missle), used as a potential finisher move(KO's around 110% maybe)
    -has the speed of Pit's Arrows
    -1st level charge does 3-4%
    -2nd level does 10%
    -3rd level does 15%
    -45 degree angle knockback upwards
    -1st level takes no charge
    -2nd level takes a little less than a full second to charge)
    -3rd level take 1 and 1/2 to 2 full seconds to charge

Down B: Chaos Blast
    -Chargeable explosive wave
    -color is red
    -everything from chaos control applies here except this wave does damage and a few other things listed below
    -charge time is equivalent to Ike's neutral B
    -damage is equivalent to Ike's neutral B but has more range
    -closer you are to Shadow, the more damage is done

Side B IN AIR: Chaos Spears
    -have multiple shoot out at a downward angle to the ground(think Sheik's needles used in air)
    -since this shoots multiple spears in a range, the effects in the air should be weakened
    -there's still 3 levels of charge
    -while charging in air, Shadow floats in mid-air(like he did in Sonic06), maybe put fire/air effects under his shoes to make it look like he's floating somewhat

Neutral B IN AIR: Black Tornado(from Sonic Heroes)
    -Shadow jumps into a ball and spins in a circle, black tornado/wind effects show up
    -opponents get pulled in
    -if opponents are successfully drawn in, it shoots them upward a little putting them in a tumble animation for quick punishment
    -does small damage if opponent successfully drawn in(like 2-5%)
    -the upwards trajectory isn't very high so opponents can be reached to punish, but it DOES have knockback growth so punishing becomes harder when the opponent is badly damaged

Neutral B IN AIR 2: Chaos Lance
    -It's a homing attack, but can follow up multiple times on other opponents or the same one
    -1st hit works just like Sonic's neutral B, but has longer range and is a little faster
    -there can be up to 4 hits after the first
    -Shadow teleports after the opponent for a teleport kick
    -this is activated by pressing B after the first hit
    -Shadow can land up to 5 hits total
    -Which character he teleports to is randomly chosen or can be influenced by where you push the control stick
    -each consecutive attack is stronger than the last
    -the timing to pull off another hit is similar to how Marth's side B worked in Melee, do the right timing you get another hit, do it wrong you're left open for a split second
    -the timing for each hit gets more difficult than the last
    -last hit does a whopping 25% with big knockback but this will be unlikely to pull off most of the time if the timing is made difficult enough

Up B: Teleport
    -Give it shorter distance than Sonic's spring, but make it so you can control it's dirrection, think Mewtwo's UpB from Melee

DownB 2: Chaos Boost
    -Shadow can charge up his attack strength and defense
    -Give him a charging animation, if it is interrupted, no boost will be given
    -there are 3 levels
    -the time to complete the boost animation takes 3 whole seconds each time
    -the boost is adding 3-5% to every attack for each boost

Final Smash:
    -Just like Sonic's except give him his Super form Color(that creamy golden yellow) and differences listed below
    -have him damage opponents by shooting red chaos spears down(think diddy's final smash) seeing as that's what he did in Sonic 06 and his own game in his super form
    -he can still damage opponents by touching them like Sonic(but who would be dumb enough to jump up to him, oh wait, if a spear hits and send the opponent upwards, then you could hit them)

Chaos Blast:
    -This is is you don't use it for downB
    -just a generic big red explosion killing everyone

OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
    -His running speed is equal to Sonic's(to keep his character correct to the series) OR his running speed is faster but has slower acceleration
    -See if you can make his attack animations more ninja-esque style, maybe similar to his moves from Sonic Battle, seeing as he is programmed for fighting, he is more built for combat than Sonic
    -He slides a bit when he stops running, controlling him is more difficult than sonic
    -See if you can give him a 3rd jump so he can use his rocket shoes, as shown in the opening of his game, he can fly, so give him that ability a little, think R.O.B.s upB but lasts about 1/4 as long, Sonic's recovery should be slightly better though
    -Shadow is slightly stronger than Sonic, let that refelct in his melee A LITTLE(1-2%)
    -See if you can change the majority of his animations to change his style from sonic's, Shadow's fighting style is martial artist like(roundhouse kicks and such) and more brutal, it reflects his character
    -Oh and take out chaos control on his sidesmash so it can be used on neutral B, it's to cheap the other way

I hope most of this is possible, I might have a few more ideas later but I hope you at least consider these, it would make Shadow very unique
    Awseome moveset idea.  Only thing I can argue with is that shadow isn't faster, he's a bit slower, but has higher acceleration.  (Play SA2 in two player mode, you'l see what I mean.)
    Thats metal sonic, Shadow is faster in Sonic Battle (His run card even said it )
    Oh, I see.  Yes in that case he is faster (although there really wasn't acceleration in that game)In SA2 M.S. was the overlall fastes, and had decent accel.  Shadow was a bit slower, but had higher acceleration than sonic.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »

Try playing without handicap on, there is no difference, I own the game and have tested that multiple times

Plus, gameplay can't reflect how fast they can run, they can both break the sound barrier(over 700mph) but you can't do that in the game, the game wouldn't even be playable

That's why you read their stats in their profile

Shadow's says he equals Sonic in speed, and he's stronger

And if you go by Sonic Battle, Shadow is faster, which makes sense because his shoes reduce friction, he really just glides, meaning he can keep going faster (this is going by logic of course)

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »

Try playing without handicap on, there is no difference, I own the game and have tested that multiple times

Plus, gameplay can't reflect how fast they can run, they can both break the sound barrier(over 700mph) but you can't do that in the game, the game wouldn't even be playable

And if you go by Sonic Battle, Shadow is faster, which makes sense because his shoes reduce friction, he really just glides, meaning he can keep going faster (this is going by logic of course)
    So Shadow IS faster

Overly Epux
    Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 07:56:23 PM »

Handicap? Never checked it.  I'll try so.  Although there is something that balances the two out, as I mentioned before, I thought it was the accel/top speed.  (as they've been pretty equal rivals)

L V L 58
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 09:01:16 AM »

Yeah, the current specials really need to be changed. I do like the Chaos Blast idea as a special, and the Chaos Spear, and definately Chaos Control as a third jump, cause, thats just how Shadow is man. They should have put it as sonics too, but if you look back into the game he doesnt have Shadows power rings so it takes a lot of his energy to use it.

Is there a way to change sonics blue glow to a darkish red to represent shadow? Its just weird to me. But overall its amazing. I almost cant tell that its a hack of sonic, its just that close to being its own individual character. (Now if we could just copy it, rename the paths and files, then we'll have Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic be able to fight eachother in brawl. Theres an idea... Phantom Wings work your godly magic)

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 09:59:32 AM »

Yea, see if you can do something about his homing attack aura, glow... stuff, make it orange, that's Shadow's aura color... thing

Is there anything you can do about the messed up animations, like how big his feet and hands get during some attacks, and fix his running animation, it's just so messed up

Overly Epux
    Expert Kitten

snooPING AS usual I see?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »

Yea, see if you can do something about his homing attack aura, glow... stuff, make it orange, that's Shadow's aura color... thing

Is there anything you can do about the messed up animations, like how big his feet and hands get during some attacks, and fix his running animation, it's just so messed up
    (Jogging, the run is now skate 8D, but when he jogs he sways D: )

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 11:41:16 AM »

Oh, I forgot to download the new fitmotion.pac

Ok I did, and WTF he's WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too slow, his run speed needs to be increased to match Sonic's or faster, this is NOT Shadow

And his feet and hands still get bigger during some animations, it's very annoying and misguiding
    « Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:50:37 AM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 01:19:28 PM »

Also, I tested and confirmed that this PSA doesn't work with the Hold L for Level freeze code

What happens is the level DOESN'T freeze, and then after the match, the game crashes with that damn BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

ManikDX
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »

hey has anyone put a gameplay video?

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 10:18:21 AM »

No, and I think the creator gave up on this sadly, I'll PM him/her

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 10:33:15 AM »

*waves* Hello people, I'm somewhat revived apparently. XD

If no one has noticed from Onslaught and Hyper Sonic, unlike other PSA people, I tend to not release anything out until I'm completely done usually. It's not that I haven't seen your stuff, I just haven't said anything.

However, I will confess that for the past few weeks I've been busy spending time with my family due to a lot of things happening. After the serious stuff was over, I was just giving myself a break and watching tons of anime with family and friends and partying at others' houses. Especially since a friend of mine had his birthday last weekend. I just finished watching all of Soul Eater yesterday, so my daytime anime craze should be over. I'll still be watching stuff with the family at all night into morning though.

Oh, and I think you all are forgetting one veee~ry important thing that I'm pretty sure I made clear. o.o

Wavey does NOT KNOW HOW TO ANIMATION HACK AT ALL!! XD

Oh, and some of you idiots need to learn how to read. I've already said what was wrong with his running speed. Can't do anything about it. CAN'T. Get over it. If you want to complain that much I'll just take the skating out. >.>

Now then. Don't expect me to give you all constant play-by-plays on what's going on with this thing, unless of course you feel like actually doing something other than spouting 50 million crazy ideas everywhere.

I'll let all of you know what's going on when I finish this, or IF I actually decide to go through with it. I may be an ass and just not do it after all. Hyper Sonic took me 5 months to finish because of problems. If this takes even close to that long, and plus is Kuro and the others don't finish their Shadow animation project, you guys won't be seeing a finished moveset from me.

Well, from me anyway. Wink

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »

Sure, if you don't feel up to it, that's fine, yeesh didn't mean to bother you...

joshl94
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #44 on: January 17, 2010, 01:00:56 PM »

excuse me
    this may be a stupid question but will this shadow work in regular brawl?
    I'm not entirely sure
    I know what Brawl+ is but I dont know if that brawl+ specific psa's work in regular brawl

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4
    Print
    Jump to: