Flygon Psa Released

Started by Carnage, August 14, 2012, 02:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gyarados Size
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Should be smaller
Size is perfect
Should be bigger
November 19, 2012, 11:03:25 PM #135 Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:05:22 PM by Mr.MW
Quote from: Carnage on November 19, 2012, 12:48:44 PM

mrmugenwii dont ridley or metaridley have a soundbank in brawl? i know tabuu has one so just wondering since they have sounds on the boss battle


i went to character ids and there are some unknown(about 20)
ridleys' is not listed
it would be a pain to try code after code till i get it lol
unless i can identify soundbank id's via sawnds or brawlbox brars player
ill check it out later on though

Quote from: Mr.MW on November 19, 2012, 11:03:25 PM
i went to character ids and there are some unknown(about 20)
ridleys' is not listed
it would be a pain to try code after code till i get it lol
unless i can identify soundbank id's via sawnds or brawlbox brars player
ill check it out later on though
yah but it would be nice using ridley or metaridley sound bank xD altough i bet they have few sounds.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hrm... I'm very mixed about this update...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 20, 2012, 01:08:01 AM #138 Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:10:36 AM by Carnage
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on November 20, 2012, 12:40:15 AM
Hrm... I'm very mixed about this update...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

well Down smash had a 3 frame start animation thats why  it was so fast i just gave it a 17 start animation  i guess i might reduce it for like 10 or so frames

Dash attack i would change for the taill swipe if kagemaru did an animation for it xD and i messed abit around with it i tryed something but it didnt work the codding must still be there altough it doesnt work persay guess it might change something on  the grab tech.

I might exagerated making some moves slower but some of them animated too fast maybe i should speed up down tilt

About the grab glitch wich char did you tryed? i noticed this when fighting another ridley lol my theory is its becuase of his head ridley has a big head wich pushs some oponents away during the grab  but im not sure what chars do this i only saw this glitch when fighting another ridley  but i dont grab much.

the smashes dont have much kill potencial due to ridley being able to deal damage preety fast, for example his n-b is great for that and it recharges after you do any noone special or dash attack move to full again but i might make his foward smash his kill move altough ridley foward aerial kills person preety well even at low percentages :P.

the glide glitch is wierd he should only be able to enter glide from the end of jump animations or fall animations how you enter the glide from a damage animation is wierd lol

well im preety proud of the downB  codding i also fixed the falling if your pushed down by air.






Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 20, 2012, 02:14:00 AM #139 Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:54:50 AM by _Data_Drain_
Quote from: Carnage on November 20, 2012, 01:08:01 AM
well Down smash had a 3 frame start animation thats why  it was so fast i just gave it a 17 start animation  i guess i might reduce it for like 10 or so frames

Hm... Like I said, reference Bowser's down smash. However due to it's range. make it a LITTLE less good for killing then Bowser's.


Quote from: Carnage on November 20, 2012, 01:08:01 AM
Dash attack i would change for the taill swipe if kagemaru did an animation for it xD and i messed abit around with it i tryed something but it didnt work the codding must still be there altough it doesnt work persay guess it might change something on the grab tech.

Yeah... For the sake of balance. The dash attack probably should be changed to that tail move.

Though I will somewhat miss the old dash attack. Still, the old one was pretty susceptible to projectiles. The new one might be a bit better for raw damage output.



Quote from: Carnage on November 20, 2012, 01:08:01 AM
I might exagerated making some moves slower but some of them animated too fast maybe i should speed up down tilt

You should take advantage of Frame Speed mods in PSA. Making some parts of the moves faster, and some parts slower...

Like up tilt. It should take a few frames to start up. Then his tail should slap upward very fast. Finally, you could make him have a tad bit of end lag.

I feel this would be more realistic. Something similar could be done with down tilt.



Quote from: Carnage on November 20, 2012, 01:08:01 AM
About the grab glitch wich char did you tryed? i noticed this when fighting another ridley lol my theory is its becuase of his head ridley has a big head wich pushs some oponents away during the grab but im not sure what chars do this i only saw this glitch when fighting another ridley but i dont grab much.

Lets see... The characters this glitch happens with, are Peach. Bowser. Wario. Zelda and Sheik. Ganondorf. Samus and Zero Suit Samus. Ridley himself as you said. Ivysaur. Marth. and finally, Ike.

Anyone not listed here doesn't do this glitch. Not counting other possible PSAs.



Quote from: Carnage on November 20, 2012, 01:08:01 AM
the smashes dont have much kill potencial due to ridley being able to deal damage preety fast, for example his n-b is great for that and it recharges after you do any noone special or dash attack move to full again but i might make his foward smash his kill move altough ridley foward aerial kills person preety well even at low percentages :P.

Hm... I do suppose you have a point. Some characters have REALLY poor kill power.

Like Toon Link, Sonic, Samus, etc etc. However. Then again, you have characters like Marth. He deals damage pretty fast. And if you can sweet spot his kill moves. He kills pretty fast too. So I don't know.

(Lets not even go into Olimar, or Meta Knight.)

Though, I did find something odd about up smash. It's hit box stays out for a pretty good while behind him.

Again, the move might benefit from Frame Speed mods.



Quote from: Carnage on November 20, 2012, 01:08:01 AM
the glide glitch is wierd he should only be able to enter glide from the end of jump animations or fall animations how you enter the glide from a damage animation is wierd lol

Yeah, I'm not sure about why it does that either... You could reference the coding in KJP's Scizor. That glide seems alright.


Quote from: Carnage on November 20, 2012, 01:08:01 AM
well im preety proud of the downB codding i also fixed the falling if your pushed down by air.

The down B is a lot better now. The player actually has a good chance at charging it now. And yeah, I noticed that you fixed that. That was one of the very first things I tested out.


Edit: There's something I forgot. His grab range is deceptive...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit 2: Okay, not sure what the hell happened here. But when I was fighting Ridley as an AI. He did the air version of the Neutral B... And then the game froze. You may want to look into this. I'll look too. Maybe there was something the AI did. Like mash the B button. Or something along those lines.

If it makes a difference, I was on Norfair when this happened.

... I couldn't find what made the game freeze. I tried a lot of random buttons when the move was being done. Unless this is one of those weird bugs when the file size gets over the limit by a slight bit? Kinda like the first version of Viewtiful Joe...

I have no idea.
:/

Edit 3: Okay... Now for something really odd. I made two CPU, one playing as Ridley. And one playing as Meta Knight fight in a 99 Stock match. It did NOT freeze... Funny thing is. Meta Knight had 40 stock left... Poor Ridley.

You had time to watch that?

And psa's tend to  suck as ai. Its cause the ai wasn't built for that psa.

Also, when I get around to animating again, I'll do that animation. Maybe we could keep both and have it be interchangeable with a taunt.

That... And the way I animated the side b in the air, he was supposed to move backwards. But I prefer the dash idea I had earlier now.

Lower the start frame for the down smash to between 5 and 8. 17 is like Ike slow...

When I do the dash attack, I'll also do the up tilt cause I don't likehow it looks. Maybe a new wait as well since there is no wait 3
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

DD marth doesnt release ridley im 100% sure in training mode i always use marth for tests and ridley doesnt let go  on marth , i always use marth since marth is one of the few chars i have no hacks so  if there is a freeze i know who is the cause xD

about the n-b freeze i never had it or been able to triger it so im not sure what to do lol and ridley is way off cf filesize limit his fitcaptain.pac is only 242 there are captain pacs going on 384 it could be the motion since its around 3.97 mb but i doubt thats the case i did several ffa with 4 players and couldnt triger the freeze even with 4 ridleys on the match.

Ridley will always loose to the AI since the AI says  for ridley that n-b is close enconter move, or that downb is a contact move and side b is a side rush move so the ai is all messed up lol

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 20, 2012, 02:27:48 PM #142 Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:37:07 PM by _Data_Drain_
Quote from: #Kage on November 20, 2012, 07:35:59 AM
You had time to watch that?

And psa's tend to  suck as ai. Its cause the ai wasn't built for that psa.

Also, when I get around to animating again, I'll do that animation. Maybe we could keep both and have it be interchangeable with a taunt.

That... And the way I animated the side b in the air, he was supposed to move backwards. But I prefer the dash idea I had earlier now.

Lower the start frame for the down smash to between 5 and 8. 17 is like Ike slow...

When I do the dash attack, I'll also do the up tilt cause I don't likehow it looks. Maybe a new wait as well since there is no wait 3
1: Well no. I was busy doing other things. I just let the match go on while I was looking up other things.

2: Well yeah. I just thought it was funny.

3: Bleh, no. Ridley shouldn't have that taunt to change moves thing. It's just not Brawl like. No characters have it in Brawl. And Ridley should be treated like he was an actual Brawl character. Therefor should follow the rules closer. I like how right now, Ridley doesn't stray too far from a normal Brawl character. Having the same specials on the ground, and in the air. (Though altered to fit.)

4: Hm... So Ridley should have an air dash kinda thing with side B? Might be interesting.

5: Hm... Well, down smash shouldn't be TOO easy to abuse though. I feel something kinda like Bowser's in speed would be fine. Not exact. But similar.

6: Sounds good to me. His up tilt needs more energy to it. Right now, he just kinda wags his tail. He should smack the foe with it hard. And yes. He needs a new wait. Since as I said in one part of my feedback. The current one makes him hard to grab for some characters. It should be on the ground.


Quote from: Carnage on November 20, 2012, 08:51:39 AM
DD marth doesnt release ridley im 100% sure in training mode i always use marth for tests and ridley doesnt let go  on marth , i always use marth since marth is one of the few chars i have no hacks so  if there is a freeze i know who is the cause xD

about the n-b freeze i never had it or been able to triger it so im not sure what to do lol and ridley is way off cf filesize limit his fitcaptain.pac is only 242 there are captain pacs going on 384 it could be the motion since its around 3.97 mb but i doubt thats the case i did several ffa with 4 players and couldnt triger the freeze even with 4 ridleys on the match.

Ridley will always loose to the AI since the AI says  for ridley that n-b is close enconter move, or that downb is a contact move and side b is a side rush move so the ai is all messed up lol

1: Yes he does. I've tested it in VS mode. And training. And it froze on me when I used Meta Knight. Unhacked.

2: And yeah. I couldn't figure out why he froze either... Must be a VERY VERY VERY rare freeze. Since like I said, I had a 99 stock battle go on. And there was no freeze during it.

3: And yeah... Again I said. I know this. But I still found it funny that Meta Knight had 40 stocks left in a 99 stock match.

found out how to fix the grab glitch xD it was all due to his size in the psa  he had a size of 1.55 so by putting it at 1.4 it fixed it but ridley is now alittle smaller i could increase his size by one slotsizemod without fitmotion if you guys fell he needs it.

also a great idea for a FS i had xD so ridley calls the metroid and the metroid hits anyone hitted would go to the FS stage then we see Kraid (wich i can take out dsx8 brinstar hack) and he does some move to destroy the oponents what do you guys think?

so i  updated ridley once again
grab glitch fixed
down tilt speeded up
down smash start speeded up
F smash buffed
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Okay.

You did fix the grab glitch...

Except on two characters. Ivysaur, and very ironically... Samus. Zero Suit Samus can pummel him just fine though.

Down smash feels a bit better. Not too slow, but not too fast. (Still needs animation improvements though.)

Down tilt also seems a good bit better now.

And finally. Forward smash kills Mario in training mode at 121%, on Final Destination at the very center. But sometimes Mario goes in a more upward direction, and lives through it. Either a sour spot, or directional influence.

I should also note. His forward air has the same deal as Ganon's down air. Where if you short hopped it. It has VERY little landing lag. But eh, I'm not sure that's a big balance problem. I'll need to test him more to determine if it is.

Also... There's someone who might be able to help with this some, ironing out the porting bugs anyway. Eternal Yoshi. Now, I'm not sure if he will help. But asking him might couldn't hurt.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on November 21, 2012, 02:34:56 AM
Okay.

You did fix the grab glitch...

Except on two characters. Ivysaur, and very ironically... Samus. Zero Suit Samus can pummel him just fine though.

Maybe its an easter egg or intencionally.  :P


Btw since i havent work alot on this project after my pc gets fixed ill rig meta ridley and "possibly" OM one.
Since you have another FS idea ...carnage.

Alright... Me and KJP tested this Ridley on Wifi. And we came to the conclusion on some things.

The forward smash needs some end lag, he suggested about "About 10-20" frames. He also said the dash attack does too. Though you plan to change it anyway... So eh.

He also felt the forward tilt was odd with it's two hits... Maybe it should be more like it actually is in SSBC? The animation right now is kinda hard to tell it's a multi hitting move. But in SSBC, his whole body turns around. And does a left right thing with his tail... This would make the move slower perhaps, but better at spacing.

According to him, the up smash should be changed all together. Since after testing it more. It has a very odd hit box. In the front, it's pretty much useless... Above, and behind him? It lasts too long. And doesn't get weaker as it goes on. So kills with it feel a bit awkward...

I honestly don't know what the up smash should be changed to though...

The down B coding seems to have gotten a bit messed up in this update. He seems to randomly lose charge for no reason now.


Sorry for being kinda inconsistent with the feedback... Testing brings up different results when battling a real player, rather then a CPU...

So... Yeah. Basically, polish up the animations. And don't be afraid to stray from SSBC a little bit in some places. Making the animations smoother. Maybe changing a few moves to better suit Brawl. Little things like that.

Good luck with the next version. Though take some time with it before release.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on November 21, 2012, 06:20:18 AM
Alright... Me and KJP tested this Ridley on Wifi. And we came to the conclusion on some things.

The forward smash needs some end lag, he suggested about "About 10-20" frames. He also said the dash attack does too. Though you plan to change it anyway... So eh.

He also felt the forward tilt was odd with it's two hits... Maybe it should be more like it actually is in SSBC? The animation right now is kinda hard to tell it's a multi hitting move. But in SSBC, his whole body turns around. And does a left right thing with his tail... This would make the move slower perhaps, but better at spacing.

According to him, the up smash should be changed all together. Since after testing it more. It has a very odd hit box. In the front, it's pretty much useless... Above, and behind him? It lasts too long. And doesn't get weaker as it goes on. So kills with it feel a bit awkward...

I honestly don't know what the up smash should be changed to though...

The down B coding seems to have gotten a bit messed up in this update. He seems to randomly lose charge for no reason now.


Sorry for being kinda inconsistent with the feedback... Testing brings up different results when battling a real player, rather then a CPU...

So... Yeah. Basically, polish up the animations. And don't be afraid to stray from SSBC a little bit in some places. Making the animations smoother. Maybe changing a few moves to better suit Brawl. Little things like that.

Good luck with the next version. Though take some time with it before release.

i didnt touch down b codding at all  how could it be messed up maybe an online bug only? and srs samus and ivy still cant plumel him? i can make him smaller and then do a size mode but he will shrink when throwed is everyone okay with that?

anivernage snoopy said he might rigg meta ridley but not sure if he will since ridley has some advanced rigging using charizard unused bones to make the legs work do you know how to do that? i would also love othe rm and maybe melee ridley for alts :P and whats your idea for a FS?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

if he said that then i will rip and rig other M one....if you have the melee one i can too :D once i get my pc back :P
Also lol i meant that ill rig those ridleys since you dont need me for the stageFS.. since you have another FS idea with DSX8 kraid ;D

Quote from: Anivernage on November 21, 2012, 07:49:39 AM
if he said that then i will rip and rig other M one....if you have the melee one i can too :D once i get my pc back :P
Also lol i meant that ill rig those ridleys since you dont need me for the stageFS.. since you have another FS idea with DSX8 kraid ;D
the other m one is in the models recource the melee one i dont have  someone needed to rip melee ssbm trophy and t pose him which i know everyone hates i would be happy with the other m one.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.