sc_selcharacter freezing due to it's filesize ?

Started by Disc Murderer, September 09, 2012, 10:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

September 09, 2012, 10:50:35 PM Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:53:55 PM by Disc Murderer
Back in this place with another issue, yay !

Alright, issue is that when I replace a characters CSP
after I have done so for a couple others, the game will
freeze when you select an option that brings up the
character select screen, does this have something to
do with the filesize of the sc_selcharacter ?
I know the images I have been using are the same
size as the ones already there ( 128x160 ) .

Attempting to rig Aqua's Armor over Link

Could you upload the sc_sel file? But yes, it is most likely due to filesize. I think the limit is 350 KB, correct me if I'm wrong though.

September 10, 2012, 12:07:07 AM #2 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:22:13 AM by Disc Murderer
Yeah, just give me a second, I'll edit this post
when I have it uploaded.

EDIT :
Here, http://www.sendspace.com/file/4kfzlx
Oh, I'm using that Dark Flaming Blue CSS along with them,
if it makes a difference.

Attempting to rig Aqua's Armor over Link

September 10, 2012, 11:08:59 AM #3 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:10:07 AM by Bagel
Alright, I took a look at the file, and it seems to be under the file size limit, so maybe you put it in the wrong place? Or you don't have the right codes?

September 10, 2012, 07:24:56 PM #4 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:33:29 PM by Disc Murderer
Quote from: Bagel on September 10, 2012, 11:08:59 AM
Alright, I took a look at the file, and it seems to be under the file size limit, so maybe you put it in the wrong place? Or you don't have the right codes?

Nah, I know I've been putting them on the right character ( I'm not even sure if it would matter where you put it in the char_bust_tex_lz77 ) and I don't think it really requires any
codes aside from the File Patcher code. Maybe something is wrong with the CSPs ?

EDIT : Whats the max filesize anyways ? It'd be nice to know in case something like this happens again.

Attempting to rig Aqua's Armor over Link

Quote from: Disc Murderer on September 10, 2012, 07:24:56 PM
Nah, I know I've been putting them on the right character ( I'm not even sure if it would matter where you put it in the char_bust_tex_lz77 ) and I don't think it really requires any
codes aside from the File Patcher code. Maybe something is wrong with the CSPs ?

EDIT : Whats the max filesize anyways ? It'd be nice to know in case something like this happens again.

He's asking for the exact directory of where you put the sc_selcharacter in your SD Card, not where you put the CSPs on the sc_selchar
Also, would you happen to be using any stage expansion codes?
0818-5827-9153

September 10, 2012, 07:48:34 PM #6 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:52:53 PM by Disc Murderer
Quote from: Jigiba on September 10, 2012, 07:43:30 PM
He's asking for the exact directory of where you put the sc_selcharacter in your SD Card, not where you put the CSPs on the sc_selchar
Also, would you happen to be using any stage expansion codes?

Oh, he was ?
SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/

and I might be ... I'll go check.

EDIT :
I do have the Stage Roster Expansion System v1.1 [Phantom Wings] code, could this be the issue ?
I'm actually not even sure what it's for, do any Brawl hacks use it ? Obviously expands the stage roster.

Attempting to rig Aqua's Armor over Link

September 10, 2012, 07:54:19 PM #7 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:55:29 PM by Jigiba
Quote from: Disc Murderer on September 10, 2012, 07:48:34 PM
Oh, he was ?
SD:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/

and I might be ... I'll go check.

EDIT :
I do have the Stage Roster Expansion System v1.1 [Phantom Wings] code, could this be the issue ?
I'm actually not even sure what it's for, do any Brawl hacks use it ? Obviously expands the stage roster.

You should remove all stage related codes and see if this still occurs
and if you're using Stage Expansion codes with Riivolution, you should consider downloading a different .xml
0818-5827-9153

September 10, 2012, 08:06:43 PM #8 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:22:15 PM by Disc Murderer
Quote from: Jigiba on September 10, 2012, 07:54:19 PM
You should remove all stage related codes and see if this still occurs
and if you're using Stage Expansion codes with Riivolution, you should consider downloading a different .xml

Alright, I'll give that a shot !

btw, if you missed my last help topic, it was about getting Brawl+ and codes to load
on a UNEEK+DI, Riivolution looks for an unmodified ios37 ( I think ) so unfortunately, Riivolution was not a choice, wish it would work though, I'd be able to play those custom MKW courses and those custom NSMBWii levels, and it looks so simple to use.

EDIT :
Well, what do you know, it worked. How exactly does the Stage Expansion code affect it ?
Thanks for the help !

Attempting to rig Aqua's Armor over Link

I'm not familiar with that stage expansion code, but I'm glad to hear that your problem is solved.

Quote from: Bagel on September 10, 2012, 11:43:15 PM
I'm not familiar with that stage expansion code, but I'm glad to hear that your problem is solved.

Yeah, I'm not even sure what the code was for, but thanks for helping.

Attempting to rig Aqua's Armor over Link