Rock THE ROCK Lee moveset (UPDATED VIDEO UPLOADED!)

Started by frostymm, September 10, 2012, 05:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

That is A-okay to me. Though I suppose if I still have to learn sound packs n stuff... pewpy....
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

i have found his japanese voice is that what you wanted or would you prefer english?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Id prefer english if you can
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

alrighty feedback time.
i'll start with tilts
-the up tilt is perfect. don't change anything about it xD
-side tilts are also fine.
-the down tilt, i think should trip.
-the AAA combo, is fine, but it seems a bit plain.
onto smashes
-up smash is perfect in my oppinion. it flows well into his air attacks. rock lee is a taijutsu specialist, so his moves should flow well together.
-forward smash is okay, but it'd be great if it pushed back a shielding foe farther to cut down on the end lag abit, and show off lee's power.
-down smash's range is okay, but it has almost no knockback. did you plan it like that? it'd be awesome for edgegaurding if it spiked airborn foes, or to chain into d-tilt
specials
-neutral B im guessing is dynamic entry. some times when lee does this, he doesn't seem to have enough momentum, and it becomes difficult to use. also, it'd be cool if it went at a diagnal direction when in the air. by the way, did you plan on it being able to be used multiple times in the air?
-side B is leaf hurricane right? it's good, but it's hard to connect with the second kick sometimes. the attack, like the neutral B doesn't have enough momentum, and he second kick doesn't have enough knockback.
-up B works fine
-down B works as a good counter, but i dunno what it's supposed to do in the air.
air attacks
-neutral attack is fine, don't change
-forward attack is pretty good, chains well with the up smash
-back attack is good if you miss the up smash and fast fall into it.
-down attack bothered me because he didn't do the spin he does in the clash of ninja games before doing the actual kick. but thats a minor nit pick xD
-up attack is a great killing move.
thought i'd also mention that the dash attack feels like it should chain into leaf hurricane in the slight chance your opponent side steps, so you can quickly continue your offense, but this isn't possible due to the cool down on the dash attack. im not saying eliminate the cool down, im just saying maybe you should shorten it a bit. it's important for lee's moves to flow together do he's constantly attacking, and never on the defense for too long.

September 15, 2012, 10:53:12 PM #34 Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 05:22:44 PM by frostymm
Thanks again for the input mister pretty duck, I've gotten the feedback from 3 people so far and I've listed a few generic-named changes I'm going to make in the OP based on what you guys have told me plus my own view while playtesting him almost all night lastnight. I'll start working on it in a few days if I don't hear back from the other guys soon.


Edit: Also the down smash does spike
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

hey Frostymm, are you able to get rock lee import models to work with the
new rock lee PSA?

Not without tons of animation issues.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

September 25, 2012, 06:28:56 PM #37 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:31:43 AM by frostymm
Welp as I promised an update though it makes me sad that I didn't get all the input I wanted...

The physics have been overhauled completely, Rock Lee is much faster than before and feels more like how he should, fast and effective.

I also completely redid the AAA combo to be like the one from Battle D.O.N. Not only does it look a lot nicer but it feels better to pull off as well though I must say I am a craptastic animator...

And then I also redid the F-air to make it slower but more powerful, it is no longer a spammable combo move and with this also marks the last of Kagemaru's animations that I left in there. Though he still gets credit for keyframes I used.

His Down, up, and over-smashes are all faster than before and actually viable.

The up-special now hits you directly upward, no more getting knocked directly at the deathboundry when he recovers at you.

And finally the up-throw primary lotus now goes a lot higher, the opponent is facing the correct direction though you probably won't notice unless you pause and zoom in on it, and it just feels a lot more dynamic... And doesn't show off my crappy animating as much... It's a lot harder to notice at least.

At the moment I still have to fix these:

- New down special (done)
- Possibly new over special
- Dash attack tweaks (done)



Also as an extra note: I was right about the soundbanks. Rock Lee will have his own sounds and not effect any other ike ports as long as I can figure the whole sound thing out...


Also on another extra note, I've been far too productive today and now there is a craptastic rock lee rig over ike as well so now that complaints gone as well but I must say it is pretty bad and if a person who can actually rig were to fix it I would be very appreciative of that.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

i wish i could rig it for you, but i dunno how to rig yet :( and if your changing the side B, have you got any ideas for it?

its cool that ike psa's will be uneffected but the backlash is that marth psa's get effected like when i do sasuke vs him his effects get messed up
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Don't worry about that, I'm only using his effect file for the sword trails and I'm not even changing the textures. It doesn't effect marth negatively in any way... Though there's a glitch that any matches after fighting marth the game will no longer read rock lee as having marths effect file for some reason...

Also, I've given rock lee an opened gates attack and mode. (Activation and usage) Which also is the reason for wanting to use marths effect the most. When you activate the gates you will have red fist trails till you die which basically is a marker to say that it's active.

And I've given him walljumps without having to use an action tab or ocarina codes.

And as far as the over-special goes it's going to stay the same for now though I wanted to make it a grab special like bowsers over special or lucario's... But unfortunately it seems that would cause quite a bit of issue and I feel for the time being it can stay the same. Though I would like to at the very least make it so that you don't go into special fall afterward.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Why don't you make his FS Omote Renge

What he did to Gaara in the chuunin exams?

Its really easy to animate. The hard part would be the hitbox placement and knockback. But those 8-10 strikes would be cake to make.

Or you could make one of his FS in the ultimate Ninja Series.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on September 29, 2012, 04:42:41 AM
Why don't you make his FS Omote Renge

What he did to Gaara in the chuunin exams?

Its really easy to animate. The hard part would be the hitbox placement and knockback. But those 8-10 strikes would be cake to make.

Or you could make one of his FS in the ultimate Ninja Series.

I guess your talking about the hidden lotus move where he hits gaara like
10 times really fast in the air.

actually it might not be that hard, he could try putting the offensive collisions
on his arm bones and then have him hit his opponent in each direction and have
him teleporting since he moves so fast.

I'll be honest in which I say that I don't really play with the final smashes on so I'm not willing to put too much work into it so it might not be that well done but I'll probably get it done before I release this. I think I'm actually going to make it a mix of hidden lotus and a special attack from the ultimate ninja series. Just know that it'll use the idea that rock lee is the fastest maufukka ever.

But before I work on any of that I need play-testing done again. His balance with the other characters is higher priority than the FS at least. All of you who gave me feedback the first time are eligible to test this time as well though I might accept a few others depending on who they are.

Also if there's anybody who has decent video recording stuff and who would like to make an updated video showing his moveset after I've finished the FS that'd help me a lot because after this I plan on re-doing project Klonoa and I have a limited time with school starting back up for me next week.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Question isnt hidden lotus the same as NUN series Ultimate jutsu ¬.¬
Is the same just with cooler gfx :P
Ultimate Ninja Storm: Rock Lee Gates Ougi
Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revolution 2 - Lee
cant find the anime one but is the same :P

BTW awesome PSA ill like to see hidden lotus here :D