ITEM HACKING HELP!!!

Started by BrawlDude, September 28, 2012, 10:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hello. This is my first time on this forum so please do not criticize me if this is in the wrong section. I'd like to know how to hack items WITHOUT brawlbox. I cannot get brawlbox because my computer can't handle it. So please I need help with hacking withOUT brawlbox.

Thanks,
BrawlDude

September 28, 2012, 10:43:53 PM #1 Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:46:10 PM by Spex130
Well, define "Hacking Items."

If you're talking about hacking their attributes (like attack type. Ice, fire, etc.) you can do that with a Hex Editor, I think. Not that it's easy. The only member I know of here that did this deleted all his hacks and left. Some people may still have them, though, if you want to look at them as an example. DiedHammer98, it was? Yeah, he made Ice Flowers and stuff.

If you want to do anything Model related, though, you're plum outta luck. If your computer can't even handle Brawlbox, you don't have much hope for anything else. Brawlbox is the go-to for pretty much everything.

EDIT: Also, just so you know, I'm pretty sure that this is the wrong section. There's a General Help section down near the bottom. I'm not a mod, so I can't move the thread for you, but it'd be good to know that section's there. Just for next time is all.


I have a mac and my version of the computer can't handle it. It's not slow or anything just so you know. Plus, I've already been hacking for a while now with textures and PSA's. So...... if anyone knows how to do this please help me. Help is appreciated! :)

P.S. Im trying to put an Osama Bin Laden face on the sandbag. It's just a texture

Quote from: BrawlDude on September 28, 2012, 11:19:51 PMIm trying to put an Osama Bin Laden face on the sandbag. It's just a texture
That's been done already. >.>
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

September 28, 2012, 11:22:33 PM #4 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 03:08:55 AM by Segab
Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on September 28, 2012, 11:21:20 PM
That's been done already. >.>

Yes I know I'm trying to INSTALL it withOUT brawlbox.

Post Merge: September 29, 2012, 01:23:12 AM

Heeeelllooo?
You There?

Warned - This isn't a chat, don't act so aggressively when people don't reply within the same hour...

I don't know of any way to do this without Brawlbox, in all honesty.  I wish I could help more, but there aren't any programs that do what BB does, to my knowledge. CTools work with BRRES, but they're essentially specifically geared towards Mario Kart Wii hacking. I don't think that would work.

Also, a quick google search says:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282415

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=7603.0

It IS possible to get BB running on the Mac, according to these. I don't know much about Macs, but WINE allows for windows programs to run on Macs and in Linux. It should work.


Quote from: Spex130 on September 29, 2012, 01:28:31 AM
I don't know of any way to do this without Brawlbox, in all honesty.  I wish I could help more, but there aren't any programs that do what BB does, to my knowledge. CTools work with BRRES, but they're essentially specifically geared towards Mario Kart Wii hacking. I don't think that would work.

Also, a quick google search says:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282415

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=7603.0

It IS possible to get BB running on the Mac, according to these. I don't know much about Macs, but WINE allows for windows programs to run on Macs and in Linux. It should work.

Thank you..... your a great help but..... I've already tried both of those. In fact I still have the wineskin brawl box. I have wine but if i may go into detail........ I downloaded wine then the brawl box (which took 2 HOURS to download) and then it said i needed a newer version of wine. I went to go get that and it says QUOTE "this app is not compatible with your computer". I have hacked textures. PSAs, stages, and even music! But i cant seem to get items