Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Portrait Name(s)?  (Read 3940 times)
Alpha Axl
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 25, 2010, 09:37:23 AM »

Hey everyone, new here, but I've been slowing getting up to speed on Brawl hacking, etc.  I've made about 100 CSPs for my friends in the past 3 days, so I'll be sure to contribute loads to the request thread! =)

I just had a simple question regarding images on the results screen.  I've looked in many how-to/guides and can't seem to find the right file to edit in BrawlBox for these two...

...basically the character name and portrait for the results screen.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm glad to be a member now, thanks!

mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:40:56 AM »

Why don't you take a look at the post link below.  That'll give you some answers.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9293.msg157366#msg157366

Alpha Axl
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 09:51:15 AM »

Aren't those strictly the images shown on the CSS?

For example, I've replaced Link with the Zero pack, the character image and "Zero" on the CSS shows, but on the Results screen it still shows "Link" and the original image of Link.

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:34:25 AM »

Aren't those strictly the images shown on the CSS?

For example, I've replaced Link with the Zero pack, the character image and "Zero" on the CSS shows, but on the Results screen it still shows "Link" and the original image of Link.

Those values on that post also apply to the files in the following directory...

[SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex\

That directory contains a bunch of files, named MenSelchrFaceB###.brres, which are used on the results screen.

Let's say that you want Link's custom portraits from the CSS on the results screen.  You first need to extract the BRRES archive, MiscData[2], from the PAC archive, char_bust_tex_lz77.  The BRRES archive needs to be named MenSelchrFaceB020.brres in order to replace Link's result screen portraits.  You must also decompress that BRRES archive along the way; refer to the image below to know how to do that.

bkrdgksuon
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 04:13:24 AM »

words

That's all good and dandy, but what about the name that appears on the results screen? How do you replace that?

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 07:31:32 AM »

words

That's all good and dandy, but what about the name that appears on the results screen? How do you replace that?

I'm afraid that the results screen names are irreplaceable without doing some very serious hacking.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: