Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: One Piece Moveset: Monkey D. Luffy  (Read 9472 times)
Jedilucario
Newbie Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 25, 2013, 11:01:12 PM »

Hi. Being that the Luffy moveset is the first hack that I have uploaded, I know it has some glitches and other things that will need to be fixed. It would be great if all of you could offer some feedback on what to change  or modify.
    Let me go over his attacks again.

A-combo: Gomu gomu no Gatling. This is an a spam but with no infinite loop.

Side-tilt: Gomu gomu no muchi. This is a very spammable move, especially once Luffy goes into gear second. Also has a higher damage than most normal side tilts.

Side-Smash: gomu gomu no bazooka. I have redone this animation to make the charge look more consistent. Still has good damage.

Up-tilt: gomu gomu no axe. Does normal damage for a tilt. Not much to say here.

Up-smash: Gomu gomu no stamp. This is an angled, upwards attack and can easily hit far opponents.

Down-tilt: Another stamp. Also spammable like the side tilt

Down-smash: My favorite non-special attack. Also Gomu gomu no muchi. Has high damage and is a good combo finisher in gear second

F-Air: Was supposed to be a Gomu Gomu no pistol but ended up being like a karate chop. Very useful in keeping people from getting items in front of you, but it might not hit.

D-Air: gomu gomu no stamp. Again. Will spike enemies and do a lot of damage.

B-Air: gomu gomu no muchi. Decent damage and a very far reach.

N-Air: Luffy kicks and punches while spinning. Similar to his hanabi but doesn't stretch yet.

U-air: Marth's original up air but without a sword.

N-special: gomu gomu no pistol. Has a charge and will one hit the enemy after the last charging stage. I'm planning to change this to a more falcon punch like attack.

Final Smash: Luffy goes into gear third and uses gomu gomu no giganto pistol. Similar to Marth's FS but with a punch.

At 100% Luffy goes into gear second and becomes extremely fast at attacking allowing more quick combos.

I'm planning on working a LOT more on this hack and will post what is next on my list. Right here.
    Side-Special: probably going to be some sort of combo like Marth

Version 2 redone stuff
    Bazooka now has more consistent animation.
    Gatling is now less powerful but can be spammed. It also looks better than the previous animation.
    Down Special is now haoshoku haki counter
    Up special and neutral air are gomu gomu no spinning axe
    Neutral special is now more like falcon punch
    Gear second now has more damage and knockback than regular mode
    Final smash now includes a giant Gatling plus a finishing gomu gomu no giganto rifle

The PSA and MotionEtc: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33382&Moderated=All&facebook=true
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:06:04 PM by Jedilucario » Logged

WarioBrtsm
    Expert Kitten

YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT?

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:08:49 AM »

Down Special should be Gomu Gomu no Fusen aka Balloon. It'd be a great counter move.

Heres how i think it should work:

When pressing the down special, Luffy flashes like marth or ike would. his animation should be him inhaling air while flashing. when attacked in this flashy form, Luffy would then expand into Gomu gomu no Balloon. also if attacked in the air, luffy would be in the helpless fall animation, but would fall slowly.

Gomu Gomu no Rocket should be the side special move, its better that way since luffy always goes in a horizontal path, thus staying true to the manga and anime.

As for a  Up special, I think it should be Gomu Gomu no Flail. I believe this would be better considering that Luffy swings his arm like a propeller and when the attack ends he launches his fist at whoever is in front of him.

Also, If you say you are having trouble with the animation of Gomu Gomu no Bazooka, just make it Gomu Gomu no Rifle, i'd say it would be easier for you that way.

Jedilucario
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:16:53 AM »

Down Special should be Gomu Gomu no Fusen aka Balloon. It'd be a great counter move.

Heres how i think it should work:

When pressing the down special, Luffy flashes like marth or ike would. his animation should be him inhaling air while flashing. when attacked in this flashy form, Luffy would then expand into Gomu gomu no Balloon. also if attacked in the air, luffy would be in the helpless fall animation, but would fall slowly.

Gomu Gomu no Rocket should be the side special move, its better that way since luffy always goes in a horizontal path, thus staying true to the manga and anime.

As for a  Up special, I think it should be Gomu Gomu no Flail. I believe this would be better considering that Luffy swings his arm like a propeller and when the attack ends he launches his fist at whoever is in front of him.

Also, If you say you are having trouble with the animation of Gomu Gomu no Bazooka, just make it Gomu Gomu no Rifle, i'd say it would be easier for you that way.

I tried to do a balloon animation, but the model wouldn't "inflate" it would only work like a size mod. I might try to fix that. The gomu gomu no flail idea is wort trying and the rocket side special is probably much better than what I was thinking. And I think I'll stick with bazooka cause I think I found a way that will work for me.

Pervyman Trigger
    The Perverted Protagonist
    Special Access

HO HEY

• Awards B Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Cookie Clicker!?

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:23:06 AM »

I'm workin on one myself. if it Helps your free to take ideas from it
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=52961.msg1048287#msg1048287

and yeah, I remember trying to make Luffy do balloon though animations XD

Jedilucario
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:36:15 AM »

Thanks. I didn't even realize til yesterday that I wasn't the only one who was working on a Luffy moveset. Looking at yours, I'm sure it'll be really good (prob a lot better than mine).

Renova

Extreme Kitten

There's one thing a saiyan always keeps..HIS PRIDE

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »

Looks like Pervy is way into his Luffy PSA. That shouldn't stop you from your own PSA though.
    Perhaps if you'd like to differentiate, you could make Luffy with his alternate tranformations.
    Luffy has so many varieties:
    Afro Luffy
    Water Luffy
    Zombie Luffy
    Chibi Luffy.

Can't wait. Good luck to both PSA's. May you both beat Shadows downloads.

P.S. Anytime someone mentions Luffy to Mario DK he mentions that he's waiting on you for something (to send him something) Perrvy.

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »

Looks like Pervy is way into his Luffy PSA. That shouldn't stop you from your own PSA though.
    Perhaps if you'd like to differentiate, you could make Luffy with his alternate tranformations.
    Luffy has so many varieties:
    Afro Luffy
    Water Luffy
    Zombie Luffy
    Chibi Luffy.

Can't wait. Good luck to both PSA's. May you both beat Shadows downloads.

P.S. Anytime someone mentions Luffy to Mario DK he mentions that he's waiting on you for something (to send him something) Perrvy.
    water luffy? whats that?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Renova

Extreme Kitten

There's one thing a saiyan always keeps..HIS PRIDE

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »

When he fought Crocodile in the Alabasta Arc.

*Forgot to mention there's also dumb Luffy from Enel in skypea. He has ridiculous PSA potential overall. So many varieties
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:27:23 PM by Renova » Logged

Pervyman Trigger
    The Perverted Protagonist
    Special Access

HO HEY

• Awards B Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Cookie Clicker!?

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 06:13:56 PM »

Thanks. I didn't even realize til yesterday that I wasn't the only one who was working on a Luffy moveset. Looking at yours, I'm sure it'll be really good (prob a lot better than mine).
    eh, your just starting out, ive been at it awhile. don't let it discourage you
    As he said. I played some of yours and it defiantly has a differnt feel from mine so far. Plus as you can tell from the combo system my luffy is built alot different from the normal psa's made so having one that fit's into vanilla brawl will be nice. If you want I can help you out with things such as ballon
    <.< >.> That would be the animations i gotta finish

Jedilucario
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 11:44:31 AM »

As he said. I played some of yours and it defiantly has a differnt feel from mine so far. Plus as you can tell from the combo system my luffy is built alot different from the normal psa's made so having one that fit's into vanilla brawl will be nice. If you want I can help you out with things such as ballon
    Yeah. It'd be great if you could tell me how to do ballon.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: