Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Different Color Schemes Have Different Movesets?  (Read 1869 times)
bonusminutes
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »

First off, Im completely new to Brawl hacking. In fact, I dont have either a Wii or Brawl yet, but theyre both on their way in the mail and I want to know as much about hacking as I can before they get here so I dont spend a ton of time pissing around.

From what I understand, you can replace a color scheme of a character with a completely new 3d model (I.E. Green Pikachu replaced with Elekid). Im also aware that a character's moveset can be replaced (I.E. Replacing Pikachu's moveset with a unique Elekid moveset). However, I was wondering if each color scheme can have its own moveset. Below is an example:

Regular Pikachu stays his own model and keeps moveset
Green Pikachu is replaced with Elekid model and has unique Elekid moveset
Blue Pikachu is replaced with Goku model and has unique Goku moveset
Red Pikachu is replaced with Chain Chomp model and has unique Chain Chomp moveset

Would this be possible? Or is there only one moveset per character that applies to all color schemes?

GanonZack
Extreme Kitten

Dark Lord's Disciple: GanonZack

• Awards Featured Ninja Tutorial Writer Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »

They can't have different movesets. You only can have 1 PSA or Moveset per character

bonusminutes
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »

Ahh, but unique models can be applied to different color schemes? Theyl just have to fit the same rig as the original model or it wont make sense?

RyanAnayaMc
    Expert Kitten

Flame!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:38 PM »

OK, so you can have different models for a character (ie Normal Pikachu, Knuckles, Sonic, etc). But its 1 moveset per character. Note that sometimes different models cause problems.

GanonZack
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 06:59:40 PM »

Ahh, but unique models can be applied to different color schemes? Theyl just have to fit the same rig as the original model or it wont make sense?
    Yes, it's exactly that. Remember that some characters are "ported" or "rel ported", for example Shadow over DK, with this one, you can have any model character of Sonic over DK, working with the Shadow moveset.

OK, so you can have different models for a character (ie Normal Pikachu, Knuckles, Sonic, etc). But its 1 moveset per character. Note that sometimes different models cause problems.
    Yes and no, you can have different models only if they are over the original bones of the character's moveset.

RyanAnayaMc
    Expert Kitten

Flame!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »

So, what did I get wrong?

GanonZack
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 06:29:54 PM »

Well, for example, you can't have Sonic or Knuckles over one of the recolor slot's of Pikachu with the original moveset of him, because they are rigged on Sonic's bones and the original moveset of Pikachu works with Pikachu's bones and animations. If you put Sonic, Knuckles or any other character (ported or rel ported) with the Knuckles, Espio or other moveset, you can't have Pikachu or any of his model imports because the moveset works only with Sonic's bones and animations.

RyanAnayaMc
    Expert Kitten

Flame!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »

Oh, thanks for telling me what my error was.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: