Perfect .Rel porting Progress -Lucario is first Pack. Ganon is new .rel-

Started by SonicBrawler, November 10, 2012, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lucario Won. Who should be the new Plug and Play?

Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
ROB
Fox
Falco
Luigi
The First Ever Perfect Port was Jigglypuff. Next came Marth. This was because they didn't have major ASm adjustments. Next came PhantomWings' Ike Module. Then came Metaknight. Leon Exodio, Shadow Wolf, and I made Perfect Sonic Ports. This thread is for other characters and our progress on it.

PW's .rels (YOU MUST EDIT THESE IN THE MODULE EDITOR)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

How to edit Plug & Play .rels in Module Editor
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




As far as how these modules work: simply put, they are just doing the same thing that codes do, but they make things a whole lot simpler by exploiting the powerful nature of relocations as well as the fact that modules are programs that can be run when they're loaded up.

For each module, I've added a simple program in Section[7] that gets called first during the module's _prolog function. Section[7] is identical across all of the Plug&Play modules. The actual changes and associated data are stored in Section[8] of the module. These are hex strings that are used to patch the game files when the module is loaded; this includes things like constants and color flags as well as any changes that need to be made to sora_melee. One final block in Section[8] is responsible for identifying what changes need to be made inside the module itself in order for it to function properly.

It's really quite a simple, but elegant solution to the whole mess of dealing with modules and how they integrate with sora_melee along with other global data. Making them isn't that hard - it's just tedious given the tools currently available to edit modules. The hardest part is finding the areas in sora_melee that actually need to be patched to have the cloned characters run properly.
[/quote]
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Awesome. I just wish someone would figure out how to add extra slots to the CSS. :P

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 10, 2012, 11:52:36 PMAwesome. I just wish someone would figure out how to add extra slots to the CSS. :P
Which would mean modifying the common5.pac, add more BPs, etc.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Krillin on November 10, 2012, 11:40:11 PM
Okay, so, PhantomWings made the first ever Perfect Rel port. It was Ike. Then later other people made Marth, Jigglypuff, and Metaknight. Leon Exodio, Shadow Wolf, and I made Perfect Sonic Ports. This thread is for other characters and our progress on it.

Characters that can be Ported Perfectly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



As of now, we have figured out a perfect peach rel port. I have figured out Ganondorf and Wario. Ganondorf works flawless, Wario doesn't load his bike. I will look into that. We( mostly me) are (is) trying out others.

I haven't seen a .rel pack for Ganon, Peach etc.
Only Sonic. I'd love a Ganon pack.

peach pack is on the way, and Ganon I still ahve to do some tesing. It works for me but not Leon Exodio.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If Link is possible, I will love you. >_>
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Pear_Knight on November 11, 2012, 01:10:23 AM
If Link is possible, I will love you. >_>

*looks at rel info i have about Link*

yeah, atm i dont think he is possible :P
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Pear_Knight on November 11, 2012, 01:10:23 AM
If Link is possible, I will love you. >_>
yeah i would like it also but i dont think he can

Maybe Tabuu could have his own slot ;D lol

Quote from: Mareeo 64 on November 11, 2012, 01:18:49 AM
Maybe Tabuu could have his own slot ;D lol

Thats the main reason i ported Ganon :af:
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Krillin on November 11, 2012, 01:19:30 AM
Thats the main reason i ported Ganon :af:
:happy: now CSS expansion is left to figurw out

Quote from: Krillin on November 11, 2012, 01:19:30 AMThats the main reason i ported Ganon :af:
Ganon wants his revenge on Tabuu.....but he wants to do it in Green Greens. XD
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

green greens.......so........manly!!! oFT0

Actually, Jiggly was the first portable character, followed by Marth (since they don't any major ASM adjustments in their modules), and then Phantom Wings released his generic Ike modules months later.