Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Lucario Won. Who should be the new Plug and Play?
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
ROB
Fox
Falco
Luigi

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 60
Author Topic: Perfect .Rel porting Progress -Lucario is first Pack. Ganon is new .rel-  (Read 343551 times)
pikazz
Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #75 on: November 15, 2012, 02:43:55 AM »

why not both cause I have both the File Replacement code IN riivolution! wouldn't that work?

Stupid Tinypic :C

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #76 on: November 15, 2012, 04:30:35 AM »

why not both cause I have both the File Replacement code IN riivolution! wouldn't that work?

hm. maybe. at some point today i can send you snake and ganon to see if they work

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: November 15, 2012, 05:26:22 AM »

hm. maybe. at some point today i can send you snake and ganon to see if they work
    so snake and ganon already work perfect for gecko users?

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: November 15, 2012, 06:54:25 AM »

I don't use Riivolution too, so it should work for me too. But I'm thinking about other people, because I know quite a lot of people use Riivolution. After all, it's much easier to have voices with Riivolution. Speaking about voices, what happens with the voices with this system? I suppose the replica and the original character have the same voices unless a specific code?

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: November 15, 2012, 07:22:24 AM »

I don't use Riivolution too, so it should work for me too. But I'm thinking about other people, because I know quite a lot of people use Riivolution. After all, it's much easier to have voices with Riivolution. Speaking about voices, what happens with the voices with this system? I suppose the replica and the original character have the same voices unless a specific code?
    the chars have no sound unless you use a soundbank modifier code of the original char slot you rel ported from is on the match since the sounds ids will be wrong

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: November 15, 2012, 07:26:50 AM »

Thank you for the answer! So it basically means that if someone originally is on marth and is ported for example on Dedede, you have to make modifications of the sound ID by using Psa. I hope it won't be too hard...

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: November 15, 2012, 07:48:29 AM »

Thank you for the answer! So it basically means that if someone originally is on marth and is ported for example on Dedede, you have to make modifications of the sound ID by using Psa. I hope it won't be too hard...
    not by psa since if you do by psa then lets say you ported roy to dedede(like i have) he will have dedede sounds the best is a code for the gct wich modifies dedede soundbank to be marth so atleast roy has marth sounds if you make it have dedede sounds its better that you have a swandz or roy would look wierd lol

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: November 15, 2012, 08:21:30 AM »

Hum, yes but if you use a code so that Roy for example on Dedede has Marth's soundbank, it means Roy will have Marth's voice, and if you make a Roy fight against the original Marth, they will have the exact same voice, right? Wouldn't it be weird?  Laugh

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: November 15, 2012, 08:40:13 AM »

Hum, yes but if you use a code so that Roy for example on Dedede has Marth's soundbank, it means Roy will have Marth's voice, and if you make a Roy fight against the original Marth, they will have the exact same voice, right? Wouldn't it be weird?  Laugh
    dont see a problem really thats how i have it since it would take someone that makes sounds to make a roy soundpack on DDD ids and then you would have to change almost all the ids on the psa by hand wich is boring to say the least

XChosenOne1
    Supreme Kitten

I am...The Grand Templar

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2012, 04:38:48 PM »

dont see a problem really thats how i have it since it would take someone that makes sounds to make a roy soundpack on DDD ids and then you would have to change almost all the ids on the psa by hand wich is boring to say the least
    To be honest, SFX ID Changing is a lot of work Undecided (For which i am one myself), and it's true it really is boring Tongue

there's alot of stuff you have to do for SFX ID Changing

Like say for example Sonic Over DK (refer to my True Sonic) i change the ID's and insert the sounds/Voice Clips, and basically that's it, it's just tiring that you have to re-Change the ID's if you have them mixed up and then it'd be a huge hassle Tongue

Skills: SFX, CSS, BP's, All mode CSP modifier, Challenger approaching Changer, Recolors, Porting, Amateur Model Ripper/Rigger, Animations, PSA, Textures, SFX ID Changer (.Rel SFX)

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: November 16, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »

we found out a 6 more that can be ported but so far out of all of them only 1 works for riivolution
    Is Falcon one of them? I want real Ryu vs Ken and Ryu vs Falcon matches. Im srs here

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Heart Container

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »

Is Falcon one of them? I want real Ryu vs Ken and Ryu vs Falcon matches. Im srs here
    I think Kagemaru was going to make a port without a rel over Ganon but i don't know anymore. If he could, then it would make it easier since Ganon is already 100% working basically

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #87 on: November 16, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »

Hai gaiz, y r u stil use codes 4 sound bank modz?  Awesome Face

*shot*

Ahem, it turns out that you can modify sound banks (along with a bunch of other things) inside the sora_melee module (found in common2.pac). Most of this stuff was already documented by Dantarion on the OpenSA website, but it was all in ingame address form. The main points of interest are stored in Section[4], but there's a few interesting things in Section[5] too.

Code:

Section[4]
    0x10C0 .pac List
    0x119C Kirby Hat .pac List
    0x1278 Kirby Hat File Types
    0x12B0 Entry File Types
    0x12E8 Result File Types
    0x1320 .rel list
    0x13FC Color Flags
    0x14D8 Character Sets
    0x18F0 Internal Fighter Name List
    0x1B84 Entry Article Data
    0x1C60 Sound Banks
    0x1E18 MotionEtc File Data

Section[5]
    0x2C3A0 IC Constant Sets
    0x48B94 Ai Controllers

Each field holds about 55 entries corresponding to each character's internal id. The .rel list and .pac lists are pointers to the strings representing files for a particular character. More info on these can be found on Dant's website here. Of particular interest is the Character Sets(at 0x14D8), which sets which characters are preloaded in the case of Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon Trainer - if there's been any problems with porting those characters, that'd be one of the places to look.

In section[5] I've listed the Ai Controller functions which (if I recall correctly) were one of the things I had issues with back when I was working on the Clone Engine - those need to be adjusted when doing module ports to and from certain characters.

If you want to make modifications to the sora_melee module, you'll need to use the Module Editor 3 - but the last version had a bug in the relocation calculations that corrupted the file, so I've updated it to 3.1 here.

Oh, as a bonus, I think there's a spot in Main.dol at 0x4512E0 (ingame address 0x804551E8) which determines which colors are available for each character in the CSS - but I'm just working off of a vague memory of something long ago and a memory dump of Brawl, so I could be completely wrong. Anyways, if anyone's interested in working on the Masquerade project, you'd need to look for something like that.

Anyways, just thought I'd drop by for the dying days of the Wii era. There's not too many of us left these days - I hear that even BlackJax is gone or has at least gone on reduced activity like me.
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:14:51 AM by PhantomWings » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: November 16, 2012, 08:12:58 PM »

Hey PW, do you still have the source code for Module Editor 2?
    Could you post that? I don't think you ever released it.
    It would be great if you could post the source for 3.1 as well, or at least point out what your bugfix was.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: November 17, 2012, 12:12:23 AM »

Sure, I've got both.

[Version 2]

[Version 3.1]

2 is very ugly, so you may not find very much that is useful in it. As for 3.1, that was just a small tweak to the ReadRelocations method.

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: