Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Lucario Won. Who should be the new Plug and Play?
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
ROB
Fox
Falco
Luigi

Pages:  1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 60
Author Topic: Perfect .Rel porting Progress -Lucario is first Pack. Ganon is new .rel-  (Read 343555 times)
Leon Exodio
Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #390 on: April 11, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »

wow PhantomWings your the best all i want is a wolf .rel and ill be happy but a mario and a snake .rel thats awesome i can continue having my psa over snake now with out getting rid of snake

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #391 on: April 11, 2013, 02:33:54 PM »

Well it looks like porting Snake was a lot harder than I thought it would be. In the end, I updated the Plug&Play model to v1.2 to cover a certain oddity in sora_melee that made it difficult to patch entry data. There's not too many changes except for a new _prolog function that gets called before the v1.1 function. If anyone's had any problems porting characters over Fox, Falco, Peach, Wario, Metaknight or Snake, then this would be the cause for it.

The 3 new modules are Mario, Sonic and Snake

Plug&Play Modules v1.2:
    ft_mario.rel
    ft_link.rel
    ft_marth.rel
    ft_pit.rel
    ft_lucario.rel
    ft_ike.rel
    ft_snake.rel
    ft_sonic.rel

While cloning characters to completely new slots is technically possible using the Plug&Play modules, you still need to have interface elements, CSPs, and CSS icons for the new character slot. You also need to add a new .rel and .pac file paths to sora_melee so they get loaded according to the new character Id. Because the .rel can't actually patch it's own file string, you'll have to use codes. Perhaps a creative individual could come up with a patch function that executes on sora_menu_selchar_access.rel or some other modules which makes the appropriate changes when it is loaded.

One other thing to note, while CPUs no longer exhibit behavior dictated by the A.I. controller functions (such as Olimar's constant Neutral B usage) they do still seem to exhibit some behavior of the original characters such as when they use their FS. The only A.I. related data I know of are the A.I. controllers and the A.I. files inside the MotionEtc files so I'm not sure what needs to be patched to fixed this.

I think I'm going to take a break from hacking after this. I've done a pretty hefty hacking marathon this week and have neglected a lot of important things thanks to that. But we have made a lot of progress here.
    wow, you never quit to amaze me PW Im srs here

and you deserve a break, we have got pretty far about this!

I did think about that code to add new slots O.o, that would require a code that can add a "new" ID to the speficik Slot that also "directs" to the new folder that Sora_Melee handle like "FitRoy" and "Ft_roy.rel"

Stupid Tinypic :C

Dantarion
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Former PMDT Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #392 on: April 11, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »

PW, can you comment more on the AI controllers you referred to here?
    I have made a lot of progress on AI and that may be what I need to finish things off

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #393 on: April 11, 2013, 02:48:03 PM »

Epic job

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #394 on: April 11, 2013, 02:57:54 PM »

lol, all that I can say now is that brawl hacking went skyrocket this year!

also, cant do much hack right now cause my screen is bad, each time I touch it I kill 5 pixels D:
    but something is wrong, it loads at CSS but after 5 sec, it freeze :/ like a bad converted code or something missed. I want that all PAL users should enjoy the plug&play modules too D:

K+ ~ Tanuki God
    Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #395 on: April 11, 2013, 04:08:56 PM »

First off.  The Lucario over Yoshi rel PW sent me worked and those new ones are AWESOME!
    But, will we be able to port all characters using this?
    (And yay to the possibility of adding CSS slots)

Currently Waiting For:
    Super Smash Bros. 4
    A Link Between Worlds
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Zelda U

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #396 on: April 11, 2013, 05:54:22 PM »

PW, can you comment more on the AI controllers you referred to here?
    I have made a lot of progress on AI and that may be what I need to finish things off

I don't know a whole lot about them myself. They are stored in the middle of a vtable at 0x80B27A34. More specifically, they're stored at m1b[5] 0x48B94[/i] and happen to be positioned right beside a reference to the string "aiInput". Each one corresponds to a character id and gets called constantly during a match. Back with some of my earlier attempts at creating clone modules, they caused the game to crash for certain CPU clones when they were left unchanged. However, it also crashed when I was working with the Plug&Play modules and accidentally set the ptr to 0 even though I was a player at the time - so it seems they aren't exclusively called just for CPUs.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:55:53 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

Vaild Address
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #397 on: April 11, 2013, 06:22:05 PM »

I tried out Snake over Falco, everything works perfectly except he freezes on his final smash. Did I forget something?

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #398 on: April 11, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »

fitsnakefinal.pac maybe?

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #399 on: April 11, 2013, 06:44:59 PM »

You put him on Falco. Falco shares a final smash with Fox.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #400 on: April 12, 2013, 02:08:10 AM »

PW why cant we rel port over the existing unused chars? we already saw dantarian using the roy slot a long time ago and with this modules i would love to put mewtwo over the roy slot xD

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #401 on: April 12, 2013, 05:42:00 AM »

PW why cant we rel port over the existing unused chars? we already saw dantarian using the roy slot a long time ago and with this modules i would love to put mewtwo over the roy slot xD
    I am actually trying to test to use Mewtwos or Roy slots for the Plug&Play modules as soon I got my PAL version working!
    when try to find a way to make a new slot load one of them

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #402 on: April 12, 2013, 06:02:06 AM »

i decide to pop up; and a long dream finally came true, Link became Portable and so did mario.

now i wish i could have Luigi ported so i can put Bomberman over someone. but time's are for not wishing, it's time to be appreciative and play with what we got; can't wait to get home and start playing around with those modules.

and pikazz; you plan on finding a way, yourself to activate an extra slot? maybe we could ues the Alloys as a base, they are their and you could give them special codes to make them work with their own slots (sharing other character's icons) maybe find a way to change those old base codes and just make it to where we can load one modified .rel with a different name using up those Alloy slots (unfortunetely disabling SSE in many ways)

or do you have a different approach?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #403 on: April 12, 2013, 06:25:04 AM »

i decide to pop up; and a long dream finally came true, Link became Portable and so did mario.

now i wish i could have Luigi ported so i can put Bomberman over someone. but time's are for not wishing, it's time to be appreciative and play with what we got; can't wait to get home and start playing around with those modules.

and pikazz; you plan on finding a way, yourself to activate an extra slot? maybe we could ues the Alloys as a base, they are their and you could give them special codes to make them work with their own slots (sharing other character's icons) maybe find a way to change those old base codes and just make it to where we can load one modified .rel with a different name using up those Alloy slots (unfortunetely disabling SSE in many ways)

or do you have a different approach?
    different approach, there are some ways I want to test inside Sora_melee without any codes!
    want to see first of all that you can use one of those forbidden 7's ID slot with a Plug&Play over one existing character.

IF it works, when we only have to actually found a way to add one more slot that load that specific ID

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #404 on: April 12, 2013, 08:30:17 AM »

weren't it "forgotten" 7, instead of forbidden?

(this post is to merely stay informed about the thread)

Pages:  1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: