[General] Custom made models

Started by Ricky (Br3), November 15, 2012, 01:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Are you saving her as both a pcs and a pac? Sheik needs both, since she's a transformer. Though usually that doesn't freeze until you're in-game and try to switch.

Every time I've had a hack that crashes at the stage select screen, it's always been a file size issue. Dropping the texture res a notch usually drops the file size enough to work. It does seem odd that your file would be over-limit considering you only have one other texture. But I see you have edited the model. It's possible when you exported it to a .dae it didn't compress as much as it should have, and you might have gotten an unsually large file. Did you triangulate her before export?


April 15, 2013, 06:42:16 AM #196 Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:45:59 AM by xbeton0l
Indeed I didn't. /facepalm *smacks head

Lol. I noticed my exported mdl0 model is about 50% bigger than the original game mdl0. Might have lots to do with untriangulated polys. If you want, here are the files I've worked on thus far. I only have the PACs saved, as I can easily convert them to PCS in BrawlBox.

ZeldaS.Sheik.rar (6.9 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!LhIgWZyK!EQeYwj5MdHs6kDvtaUATnFs87Mh_89yBLEg5dTd1uSo


Edit: No... no, I did check Triangulate in the dialog. My mistake. The model is in fact triangulated.

if it's the model that is heigher poly, try using prooptimizer on the fae object, since sheik has a pretty low-poly face, also, since u added boobs, im guessing u also added more vertices to the body itself...
you can also just lower the size of one of the textures, that should probably do the trick, as well as having ALL the textures set as CMPR, since they literally take down the filesize of a texture to 1/3 of it's original

Thanks JK. I was uncertain of which texture type I should use, but if CMPR works the best then I'll go with that.

Also, I'm counting 6,113 polys (tri's) with a total of 3401 vertices on the original Sheik model. Now, after the tweaks and modifications I made to the model (breasts, face, and hair models).... I managed to actually reduce the poly count... to about 5756 triangles and 3046 vertices. So I know the geometry is much smaller now, though I think that the original MDL0 was compressed differently than how 3ds Max tends to handle DAE files.

Nonetheless I'll try CMPR for the textures I've got. Thanks for that tip!

I'll try to get her working tonight when I get off school

April 15, 2013, 04:48:33 PM #200 Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:52:00 PM by xbeton0l
Please, if you do fix anything let me know what you did. I'm mainly trying to learn how to make models and port them successfully. Also, if you know how eyes work, I can't seem to get them working at all. Just a bunch of texture glitches or this mysterious 'Brawl' texture that shows up in the MDL0. (In the Textures folder under MDL0)

The help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

trying to model momohime from muramasa the demon blade.




Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


gotta retouch the legs again. . .
cant seem to get them right...

Mack Attack!




Took me about two months from initial design concepts to finishing it. I think the hardest part was figuring out what he'd actually look like.
Click for my stuff:




Quote from: Peardian on April 17, 2013, 03:39:45 AM
Mack Attack!

Took me about two months from initial design concepts to finishing it. I think the hardest part was figuring out what he'd actually look like.
Peardian, I love your stuff, and this is amazing. I would seriously do something with this model if I could recall what Mack was like, because it's been way too long since I've played that game and barely remember him.


Quote from: Kage Ryu on April 17, 2013, 07:05:11 AM
Peardian, I love your stuff, and this is amazing. I would seriously do something with this model if I could recall what Mack was like, because it's been way too long since I've played that game and barely remember him.
Thanks! And you know, there are plenty of gameplay videos of SMRPG on YouTube if you want to refresh your memory.
Click for my stuff:


I think he would look pretty cool on ROB.

I can't really see him fitting on anyone else due to his model.

I could see him on Meta Knight, though the sword would have to be a lot smaller.

will start on my paint roller project once again!


does anyone have a tip of how to do better textures and UVs? I suck at that :c
Stupid Tinypic :C