[General] Custom made models

Started by Ricky (Br3), November 15, 2012, 01:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SmashClash on June 14, 2013, 05:01:22 AM
The holes on the shoes' soles could be darker, adding more depth.

Hey, thanks man. (Forgot to say Velen helped settle my questions via PM).

Anyways, I kind of made this for my own amusement, but since it's done I'll show it.



Expressions! This isn't all of them (Pit has an AngerFace and a NormalFace too) but the ones that are there make a nice expression. Like an RPG talking box or something, lol.

ALSO, QUESTION. Since it's on pit, what do you guys think his weapons should be?


Give him hook blades. He looks like he would use hook blades. If you want to be funnier, give him cheese weapons and rat trap shield. He is a mouse or rat, isn't he?

Quote from: Iwvi on June 15, 2013, 11:48:45 PM
Give him hook blades. He looks like he would use hook blades. If you want to be funnier, give him cheese weapons and rat trap shield. He is a mouse or rat, isn't he?

I like hook blades. Hook blades sound cool. Between funny and cool, I think cool would be pretty cool.


June 16, 2013, 04:27:01 AM #243 Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:28:33 AM by the_randomizer
Alrighty then, I found a 3D model that shouldn't be super complex to work on :D



I figured this would be a good model for me to start learning 3D modelling with; his shapes are more or less pretty basic, leaving only his tail and head to be the trickier part.  

June 23, 2013, 04:16:28 PM #244 Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:18:40 PM by gokuguy
I'm pretty green to modeling. I'm making this right now. It has no textures at the moment. The model itself isn't finished yet either. All tips or suggestions are welcome.

Model w/o Edges


Model w/ Edges


*I do plan to lower the polycount on the "tie" part of the cape, as well as add a crease or two in it to make it look more realistic. Currently, I'm at approximately 4800 polygons.
If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!


June 23, 2013, 04:59:51 PM #246 Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:06:18 PM by gokuguy
Quote from: joke king on June 23, 2013, 04:30:51 PM
original character?

Mine? No. Its a WIP model of Jinx from Mario RPG, based on the render Nintendo put in the strategy guide.
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/c/c9/Jinx_SMRPG.png/150px-Jinx_SMRPG.png

Like I said, any suggestions are welcomed.

EDIT: I noticed the flat spot on the head, and have fixed it now.
If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

Cape seems incredibly high poly, not just the tie part.

Quote from: Iwvi on June 24, 2013, 07:58:30 AM
Cape seems incredibly high poly, not just the tie part.

Haha, it is. Kinda funny, as I've actually already cut the poly count on it once XD. Here, I've cut it down to about half of what it had. Here are some pics of how it looks now. I have only put the links up to them because I wanted to make sure I didn't lose any quality in the pics this time (I noticed it was kinda hard to see things on my other pics because of that)

http://imageshack.us/a/img208/7200/1ok.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/8091/e11u.png

If its still too much, I can try to cut it down further, but I know that when I cut it down a certain way the first time, it ruined the curves in the cape.
If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

Is it 4800 polys total? If it is, you should be ok, I'm pretty sure Mario is around 6000, so there shouldn't be any lag problems.

June 24, 2013, 07:40:04 PM #250 Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:42:29 PM by gokuguy
Quote from: Gamma on June 24, 2013, 05:21:40 PM
Is it 4800 polys total? If it is, you should be ok, I'm pretty sure Mario is around 6000, so there shouldn't be any lag problems.

Yes, that was a total. The last cape optimization cut out over 500 polygons as well.

**On a side note, does anyone know what character has the lowest amount of polygons, and approximately how many they have? I figure if I follow that guideline, I'll never have issues.**
If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

Don't worry about ProOptimizing the cape as much, focus on ProOptimizing the rest of his body, for example, his head and his hands are only spheres, which means the can be ProOptimized to about 20% and still look the exact same, and same goes for his arms and legs, since they're cylinders. You can still go up to at most about 15000 polys on all the characters though, whether they're low poly or not. Kirby is probably the lowest poly though.

Quote from: russmarrs2 on June 25, 2013, 01:44:30 AM
Don't worry about ProOptimizing the cape as much, focus on ProOptimizing the rest of his body, for example, his head and his hands are only spheres, which means the can be ProOptimized to about 20% and still look the exact same, and same goes for his arms and legs, since they're cylinders. You can still go up to at most about 15000 polys on all the characters though, whether they're low poly or not. Kirby is probably the lowest poly though.

Ok, then I'm just fine right now. Thanks.
If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!


I've made a monster.



Yes, I did use Pit and Meta Knight's wings, but this is a special case.
Click for my stuff: