[General] Custom made models

Started by Ricky (Br3), November 15, 2012, 01:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Spex130 on September 30, 2013, 07:35:51 PM
What? NOTHING!?

....Need a rigger?

As much as I want to do it myself, i'm pretty sure I would never finish it.

If you want to rig him and what not then sure. I just want to fix up a few rough edges and whatnot.

Quote from: DemonBoy on September 30, 2013, 01:33:53 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I used the lowpoly model as a base.

Holy mama that's hot. Nice.

October 02, 2013, 09:43:26 AM #287 Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:45:09 AM by DemonBoy
Alright I think T.O.M. ready now.


He looks much better than the lowpoly model before.
His hands might need a little more work, but that was the best I could do.
Spex, if you still want the model or if anybody want's to use him for whatever, you can download it here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m03iu10egrfhsfl/T.O.M.zip

Quote from: DemonBoy on October 02, 2013, 09:43:26 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's really good. Really good!


I think I'm getting a bit better at this Custom thing too. Made one of the Mighty No. 9 Call finalists, "Model H."




Not done yet, but I think it's alright. Proud of that hair texture, and the mouth is built with mouth geometry behind a transparent texture.


So, for this Halloween I've started a possibly original Brawl Vault idea? I am currently re-modeling/creating every character to have a "Dry" body. Some parts will be textures however. Every regular Brawl Character aside from Bowser himself of course. Here is Mario in a Beta Preview in 3DS Max. Yes, I am using partss from Dry Bowser (Winter Games Model HP). Any ideas on what to do with the head in terms of his Jaw? Separate it or no? Also, I will do an alt where he will retain his sig Gloves.



what about his face?
will you make a different model for that too?

I'm pretty sure Mario's skull includes his huge nose. there's gotta be something supporting that thing. Also looking forward to dry kirby :P That's one great idea for a project.

October 13, 2013, 04:26:39 AM #292 Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:20:00 AM by ShadowLuigi-NG-
Quote from: ftjokekid.rel on October 12, 2013, 04:02:29 PM
what about his face?
will you make a different model for that too?

Possibly. Here he is so far. Depending on the replies on this thread I may do a model for his head or simply leave as is. Textures for clothes, face and eyes are subject to change.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Post Merge: October 13, 2013, 09:08:34 PM

Hero of Hyrule preview

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Post Merge: October 14, 2013, 12:19:59 AM

The King of the Jungle is here!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Have we got no more new custom models lately?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]



a model me&LJstar made
LJstar made the blue&Red&silver parts between the lower pipe part,the koopa shell
i made the rest (or more vertexed&merged models from other stuff to make this)

this is one of the alts. for the Dalek(doctor who) moveset
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Well I promised myself I wouldn't show this until it was done but

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So I decided to check this site after god knows how long and I noticed that a lot of stuff changed. one being the model import being done. I had a fangasm of sorts and had to start a new project! So I started on this guy.



I put a ridiculous amount of time in awakening and really enjoyed the character. I jumped around with modeling and texturing because i have some areas with separate maps done. I have to figure out how to make a good arm cape without using A-pose(unless i can use a-pose in brawl, can someone confirm this for me haha) Because with T-pose it'll rest on his arm all weird. I may have to add/move bones. I would like to make a PSA for him, though.

Quote from: KAZEnoKarrik on November 21, 2013, 04:39:10 AM
So I decided to check this site after god knows how long and I noticed that a lot of stuff changed. one being the model import being done. I had a fangasm of sorts and had to start a new project! So I started on this guy.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I put a ridiculous amount of time in awakening and really enjoyed the character. I jumped around with modeling and texturing because i have some areas with separate maps done. I have to figure out how to make a good arm cape without using A-pose(unless i can use a-pose in brawl, can someone confirm this for me haha) Because with T-pose it'll rest on his arm all weird. I may have to add/move bones. I would like to make a PSA for him, though.
1) Props to your endeavor to model him entirely from scratch—I salute you for it.

2) Theoretically you can use an A pose if you want, even with the original skeleton. You can rotate the arm joints, rig the mesh to the joints, and when everything is all rigged, reset the joints' rotations back to their original positions. Actually, as long as you don't change the default orientation of the joints, you can probably import in whatever pose you like, since the animations will always rotate the joints relative to their default orientation anyway.
I've never tried it myself, but it sounds like it would work fine in theory.


Quote from: br3compactor on November 10, 2013, 05:26:46 PM
Have we got no more new custom models lately?

If I only knew how to make them, I've tons of ideas, just lack the skills :P

Quote from: the_randomizer on November 21, 2013, 06:13:10 AM
If I only knew how to make them, I've tons of ideas, just lack the skills :P
all you need is interest.
just start with some simple stuff, dont start on your favourite character, because that will only discourage you if you dont match your own expectations, it's normal to not make a perfect model as a first attempt, but eventually you'll get there. :)