A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?
SideB is actually quite difficult to land fully if the opponent knows what they're doing. Neutral Special's knockback is rather over-the-top, however, especially using it double-reversed. It KOs easily at 45%. Up Special needs something going for it in terms of practical combat use. What if you combined Up Special with Down Special by adding a little bit of intangibility to the end of the startup, then changed Down Special to something else? It could possibly use a bit more base knockback as well, or perhaps a change in knockback angle, so that it isn't too easily punishable.

Her smashes are too fast and not strong enough on KB. FSmash is super spammy, but is useless beyond that.

I too agree that some of the fire effects are a little much, but I don't think they need to be removed completely. The explosion on SideB can stay, but needs to be quite a bit smaller. Maybe add a red sword trail to the kick like zutox said. UpB would benefit from some other effect than just a generic fireball, though. Maybe use a trail of just smoke, or a red sword trail like zutox suggested, and have the fireball stick to her fist when she punches?

Definitely, on the FS the hits should not actually be fire elemental, but instead just add a small fireball GFX that sticks to her fists as she attacks, and as zutox said sword trails on the kicks would be cool. Keep the exploding finisher though, it looks great. Mostly, the animations just need to be smoothed out and it needs camera work. Tone down the damage a bit, as well.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

When I meant rework, I meant give them new attacks... lol.

I'll keep these in mind for the attacks I'm keeping though...

I figured as much, but for some of the moves I don't think that's necessary.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Hopefully she'll be less spammy...

I'll wait for another time to explain her specials. I think it'll make the character more interesting...

The spamminess comes from moves that chain into themselves instead of other moves, like Side Special, Forward Tilt, and Forward Smash. Think about how you can arrange her moveset so that, for example, Down Tilt chains nicely into Up Tilt (Mario's does this). Preferably without using Allow Specific Interrupt combos (or "On-Hit Cancel" and variations thereof), because that's the cheap and artificial way of doing it, and results in forcing the player to use certain, pre-bottled combos.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Well, adding some allow special interrupts isn't that bad... To make her ground combo some tilts could be a nice idea... or chaining attacks like DTilt>DTilt>Up smash (can be another combo, even air moves...)
Pretty cheap, but really fun to play... Just a suggestion though...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

July 23, 2013, 10:58:14 PM #411 Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:02:29 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Wait for my Blade Prince Marth PSA for the overuse of Interrupt Events. But what I have planned for Scarlet Fighter is something similar, and it only applies to her Specials...

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on July 23, 2013, 10:58:14 PM
Wait for my Blade Prince Marth PSA for the overuse of Interrupt Events. But what I have planned for Scarlet Fighter is something similar, and it only applies to her Specials...
Sounds interesting...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

July 23, 2013, 11:58:09 PM #413 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:47:52 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Though expect this to take a while, I'm in Post Secondary right now, and I'm busy with work I should be doing.

Post Merge: July 25, 2013, 03:47:52 PM

I'm curious as to why people show more support to Scarlet Fighter than Shinda... I barely got any feedback on Shinda, so idk how balaced it is...

Shinda's main problem that I've noticed was the rigging issue with her scythe.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on July 23, 2013, 11:58:09 PM
Though expect this to take a while, I'm in Post Secondary right now, and I'm busy with work I should be doing.

Post Merge: July 25, 2013, 03:47:52 PM

I'm curious as to why people show more support to Scarlet Fighter than Shinda... I barely got any feedback on Shinda, so idk how balaced it is...

Most likely it's simply because of character placement.
Peach has several PSA's to choose from, so a lot of people who are happy with what they got don't even bother trying new ones sometimes.
While with Zelda, she only has the Scarlet Fighter PSA as a working psa that actually works while also having Spiderman on Shiek.. instant download.
Zelda, samus, zero suit, kirby and bowser are starved of complete PSA's. There might be some, but not much to choose from there.
You Never Know!

I've noticed how people played Scarlet Fighter with Sheik PSAs, so I guess it makes sense... to bad it's not as good as Shinda... at least in my opinion...


All those claw-slashing effects on Shiki makes me want to put the Felicia import on her :P
I personally think your most interesting character this far has been the gunslinger. Still hoping to see a breakthrough with that one... it gets tiresome switching out PSA's from samus all the time when me and my friends want to play as her XD
You Never Know!

July 26, 2013, 05:28:49 PM #419 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:30:18 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Preview Image time!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.