A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?
I'm done with the animation. Tell me if it was what you wanted... I'll send it to you via PM
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

November 07, 2013, 06:31:25 AM #751 Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:49:24 AM by A Bloody Canadian
Gonna go off topic for a moment, and try and pull off an All Nighter to work on a Shinda Update. Which will include replacement moves for her Paper Based Attacks, as well as a new Final Smash.

Hey, i'm going to be a bit longer with the sword update. my family decided to surprise me with a brand new gaming machine that i will be receiving Saturday. so i've been busy lately getting the parts on order and what not. it will be a bit longer.

also a Shinda update. hooray
can't wait to see this =3
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

November 07, 2013, 07:07:07 PM #753 Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:38:36 PM by A Bloody Canadian
As far as how the Update is going, she now has a new Up Smash which introduces her new Weapon... Her Whip! Her NAir will also use it. I don't think any of the specials will change cause of this.

Other changes include a More usable UAir, Fixed Side Special which includes easier recovery, and faster interrupt, and a fixed trajectory Down Throw.

I think she'll be buffed in this next update... I dunno...

She will be buffed?

stronger attacks?

or stronger overall as a character
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

November 07, 2013, 08:50:22 PM #755 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:35:20 AM by A Bloody Canadian
Just Slightly. Her Up Smash and Neutral Air gained some range because of the Whip, but they generally still work the same. Up Air is more usable now as well. Side Special also got buffed because you can now move freely with it in the air after a certain point, and the Interrupt on the ground is shorter.  Down Throw now has a Fixed Trajectory where it used to go one way or the other depending on the character. Just minor buffs like that. Though the biggest Nerf she'll get will be her Final Smash... lol.

Post Merge: November 08, 2013, 02:35:20 AM

So, I heard you like Preview Videos!

SSBB Hacks - Shinda (1.3) Progress

I'm liking it a lot so far. it's coming along quite nicely.
i haven't played it so i really can't say anything about balance. but so far it's looking good.

https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Nice whip for Shinda, Peach's slap sound effect fits it surprisingly well.

November 09, 2013, 04:38:22 PM #758 Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:02:59 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Final Smash anyone?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sad to say this is the reason why the game crashes upon picking the stage... I had to remove some PAT0 and STR0 Animations to make this work.

So did you remove her previous beta FS (the air combo ending with gunshots and a falling stage prop) because it was crashing due to filesize, or because it took up too much space on the stage? Honestly, she seems a little stiff in this one (arm flailing about without corresponding body movement), but I guess that's understandable if the animation is too big otherwise. Biggest problem with it is that it looks like a montage of moves she already uses, such as that really obvious Side Special in the middle, is all.

Also, that Side Special > Jab loop > Down Tilt > Forward Smash. Holy crap.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

November 09, 2013, 08:44:25 PM #760 Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:53:39 PM by A Bloody Canadian
It would probably look better in game since you don't see her weapons in this preview. Her arms flailing is her using her new Whip if you didn't see it.

Her weapons used in order are as follows...

Scythe > Katana > Whip > Umbrella > Gun > Falling Object

Post Merge: November 10, 2013, 02:56:07 AM

In Game Version without Cinematics

SSBB Hacks - Shinda's New Final Smash

Post Merge: November 10, 2013, 04:53:39 PM

And now, Shinda has been updated! Enjoy!


I presume it does more damage in-game than in that video? Because 29% is pretty bad for a Final Smash. Heck, it's even worse than Lucario's when he's at 0%!

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

I'll bet the reason is because Shinda is better at doing damage than Lucario and others, she should easily be able to rack up enough damage before getting the final smash that 29 is more than enough to kill at that point.

One mustn't rely to heavily on the power of the final smash.

You guys have clearly not played the PSA yet... it does about 40%.

No, indeed I haven't played it yet. I haven't had much time for Smash Bros. at all, thanks to college beating the metaphorical crap out of me.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."