Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Extra CSS Icons Idea Thread!  (Read 6691 times)
SonicWolf
Wolf Warrior
Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 05, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »

As anyone who creates new CSSs knows you can have something like 50+ character icons on the CSS but only about 45ish are used for them. Lets say you wanted more than just ZSS, Pokemon, Sheik, ect. added. Lets say you want the alloys & Giga & Warioman & even the other costume for Wario but you just don't want them to have say Falcon's picture for Red Alloy or Bowser's for good old Giga. How would you proboly put their own pics for each icon? Post below what are the steps you'd take & I'll try them. If they work I'll let you request a cool CSS with them on it using the winning idea. I'll put mine to show you how for just in case you don't know how.

SonicWolf's Idea for Giga, alloys & WarioMan:
    1: Open up CSS in BrawlBox
    2: Look to see how many empty uneeded slots their are (if none I create them)
    3: Put in CSPs, Character Icons, ect. in the useless file in the CSS
    4: Find (or make) more useless files for Resaults & In Game for safety (lower the probobilaty of crashing then) & repeat to add in Giga & stuff
    5: Save CSS (make sure to keep a copy) & open up new saved CSS in CSS Oganizer
    6: Add in new icons & find faces for Giga & his friends (WarioMan, alloys) & stick 'em in
    7: Save (make sure you copy the file before saving)
    8: Test & hope it works!

Of course this is an idea thread so I don't want people saying something like:

"quote of someone else"
    This just sucks cuz of Blah Blah Blah.

I've seen this kind of thing & its quite mean. Not very helpful ether. Still. I can't really prevent it but I would like for this thread to not have that kind of thing. It's fine to say someone's idea won't work but give a good, detailed reason why & give something to contribuite to their idea to help. This way you can say it is not a great idea but you also help them make it better.

If this works out we might be able to have characters over these slots then hacked so we can have say Shadow over DK vs Cloud over DK sense they are differnt characters in terms of slots (I don't mean like copying DK 2 times then having both in there)! This could be big so lets band together & try it out. If not it's no big deal but it would be awesome if it does work!

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:10:56 PM »

I may try this someday, sounds tentative.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 11:46:21 AM »

It hasn't been tried but you must go into all the files for 1 slot (including in-game, CSS, SSS Icons, Results, Ect.) to add 1 character which is kind tedious. Just make sure you got a full day since thats about how long for me Undecided

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 05:19:35 PM »

So let me see if I'm understanding correctly... You want to make entirely new, separate CSS stuff for the Alloys, Giga and Warioman. Correct?

If so, try posting a thread about it in the Programming section. With as little programming knowledge I have, I still know that you're going to need codes to do this.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »

True but I think just the normal Giga & Compeny, Alloy victory & poses, Alloys don't wreak my music, ect. codes should be fine. Plus this isn't a whole new CSS. It would be the same as always but with Giga, WarioMan, & Alloys having thier own stuff. Thats the only difference.

Still. If this should be moved let it be moved.

Friends:

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 07:26:12 PM »

It requires programming because all of the above characters don't have their own "CSS slots"; you'd need a code that gives them the slots. Everything else comes after that.

Unless of course their icons are within some file somewhere. If so, go for it.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »

I'm sure you've noticed the empty slots in the Sel_Character.pac right? Well even if there isn't say a Giga Bowser CSP or any Alloy CSPs or any icons then we could still make the icons & put them in. How do you think we were gonna try it (I'm saying we for anyone who's trying this with me)? I'd proboly can just replace the blank file or just add the file if needed with only using the CSS & CSS Organizer & images. Then I'd only need the codes we all use for Giga & company.

Friends:

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »

!!!UPDATE!!!
    Haven't gotten around to this yet. Also Bump ftw!

Friends:

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 08:27:32 PM »

I'm sure you've noticed the empty slots in the Sel_Character.pac right? Well even if there isn't say a Giga Bowser CSP or any Alloy CSPs or any icons then we could still make the icons & put them in. How do you think we were gonna try it (I'm saying we for anyone who's trying this with me)? I'd proboly can just replace the blank file or just add the file if needed with only using the CSS & CSS Organizer & images. Then I'd only need the codes we all use for Giga & company.

Let me try to explain this to you.

Those "empty slots" you mentioned are exactly that; empty. They are leftovers from the development of the game. You can't just replace these empty slots and expect them to magically replace Giga Bowser & company. This is because their CSS icons are shared with the character they're based on (Warioman - Wario, etc.) A code to give GB&C their own unique CSS icons is required.

If you replace Bowser's CSS icon, you also replace Giga Bowser's. If you replace Captain Falcon's, you replace Red Alloy's. You get me?

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 11:05:05 PM »

Yes. However this is mostly just an idea thread. It is for adding these guys with the stuff we have now. We (as far as I know) don't have a code like your saying so maybe we can a different way.

Friends:

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »

I can't imagine any way to do this without a code, you would need to do some kind of programming to tell the game what graphic to associate with what character. It may not require difficult coding, but it will require some. I don't see how it wouldn't be possible though since we already have the same thing for stages, I think that would be the best place to start.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 11:26:52 AM »

This doesnt work.
    I knew it wouldn.t I still tried tho. Its doesnt work.
    lock the thread now

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »

Not yet. This is (as I mentioned time & time again) an Idea thread. Even tho 1 won't work we still might come up with more. Give it some decent time. At least till we just can't do so. As mentioned earlier it may require coding & if so it's not dead yet. This may be possible with just a code the size of the colored shields code. Maybe a bit bigger but still.

Friends:

TP
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 12:33:03 PM »

Whats this thread about? Extra css's?

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 01:10:52 PM »

No. Being able to have Giga, Warioman, Alloys, ect. with thier own icon & CSPs & stuff. So when you go into the CSS you can see Giga as an Icon & Bowser as an Icon & even the alloys so then you can just select them just like you would Falcon or Pika or even (I know nobody would ever choose to use this character but) Jiggly.

Friends:

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: