Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with Character csps  (Read 2334 times)
PrinceFallen
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »

I have this reoccurring problem that i cannot diagnose the cause of. My game is freezing and its my common 5 file's fault. I have been slowly but surely changing each character selection portrait to a picture of the mod im about to use. This way i dont have to memorize all the ton of skins on every character i put in. To change the picture in the common 5 i simply export one of the pictures, use it as a reference to make the other pictures the same size and then import the new picture. it has worked very well but now all of a sudden it doesnt. when i try to load the character selection screen my game freezes. i have changed pictures for mario, donkey kong, link, samus, kirby, fox, pikachu, rob, and yoshi without any problems. keep in mind that i am making sure that the new pictures are the same file size in both dimensions and data size. i also use riivolution to make my mods work. How can i add more pictures without the game freezing on me?  Im srs here

DocStrange
Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »

This happened to me way back when and I believe it was because my common5 had become corrupted. I believe all I had to do was export the directory with the portraits (it's been awhile, I don't remember what it's called) download a fresh common5 and then re-import that directory.

If that fails you may want to go through and make sure none of your CSPs are in too high quality, you need to keep the common5 below a certain amount of memory (again, sorry can't remember what it is)

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

Everyone have a dark side.

• Awards Sniper Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »

Yep, check if your pictures does not increase greatly the size of your common5.
    I have never had problems since each time i replace a picture and save, common5 have a smaller size than before.

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
    PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
    STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

PrinceFallen
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:40 PM »

i know that my common 5 is getting corrupted i just cannot figure out how. the pictures im putting into it are always the same size and the common 5 file is always 11.6 mega bytes when im done with it. the exact same size of the original file. my picture quality is always set to the default brawl setting. any ideas how its getting corrupted?

Moblin
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Featured Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 01:29:05 AM »

A tip: before you edit your common5, make a copy of it and simply re-paste it in the system folder (or elsewhere.) Do this every time you edit it, so that you'll always have a back up of something that previously worked, and you won't be pissed at yourself for not making it before.

As for your current problem, it could be because you're closing the window too fast after it's finished saving. I know it sounds weird, but my common5 would always corrupt if I didn't give it a few seconds after it finished. Not exactly sure why this is but you could give it a shot.

Chaoszard
    Extreme Kitten

Everyone have a dark side.

• Awards Sniper Warm Welcomer Concerned Elector Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 05:34:02 AM »

What Moblin said made me remember something that may be useful : some versions of brawlbox corrupt this file, i had that problem before and it has been solved when i used another version of BB.

No more into brawl hacking as long as Fighter.pac remains not editable, also i don't have time for that anymore for the moment.
    PSA/Moveset HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41974.0
    STAGES HERE : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=60399.0

Vaild Address
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 01:50:09 PM »

Try clicking save as NOT save after you put all your CSPs in and it should work. I use brawlbox v0.67 and it worked perfectly fine for me.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »

Try using the CMPR format instead of the original Brawl format. It may look worse in Brawlbox but in game (if you compare them) it still looks quite good. It even lowers the file size so it is easier to take. You can also make a copy, edit it & click save as, go to normal file & edit it then click save. This should give you a back up, A Save As common5.pac & a Save common5.pac file. You can then test the save file & if it doesn't work then you can just delete it & use the save as file. if that doesn't work as well you know it must be a picture.

Also wait about 5 secs after it saves. It sounds wastefull of time but it saves better then.

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

Takeo Masaki
    Advanced Kitten

Making custom model of an asdf movie character

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »

Did you make sure all the Images are resized to the original image? for example if one image i want to replace was 34x34 then i would resize my modified image file to that size then save it and replace it

(paint.net or GIMP Works very well with it)

(Microsoft paint doesen't resize it correctly)

I take requests only for Robloxian Imports and BRSTM's.  Put me in collabaration if you use my imports!click me to download my hacks

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 04:46:41 AM »

Do you have some charizard or squirtle PSA? because it takes a lot of place.

If you want, you can send me your common5 and your images of each and each character, I'll test it for you and I'll give it to you
    Send it by PM

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 08:08:33 AM »

Just remembered something!
    Once your done editing the Common5.pac extract the CSS & SSS from it. (If you edited the Sel_Character_en2 as well then extract that too.) now just put the extracted files (UNEDITED SO THEY ARE THE SAME AS IN THE COMMON5!) in the pf>menu folder (or menu2 I think it is. It's the same as gecko but for your folder set). Just keep the "_en" at the end of them & there we go! I'm doing this with beyond's riivo launcher & it works!

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: