Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Noob Question - please HELP! :)  (Read 1980 times)
EiL17
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 09, 2013, 01:28:52 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm very new to SSBB Dolphin PC(windows 7) hacking. I got a few noob questions,

1. How do i reset a hack texture/skin?
I downloaded the Connor Kenway(Assassin's Creed 3) texture/skin hack for Link, and replaced something wrong, so now my SSBB keep freezing whenever i choose Link.

2. Is there any chance to add more than one texture/skin permant? So i dont have to change every single file with WiiScrubber whenever i want to play with a other hack texture/skin.

3. How to add "new characters", no skins/textures, a totally new character, for example Groudon or Shadow.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20629&Moderated=All&facebook=true
or
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=2369&Moderated=All&facebook=true

4. Are there any program you can recommend for a better experience of playing SSBB?

-DONT FORGET, IM PLAYING ON PC, NOT ON THE WII!-  Cheesy

- I hope you guys can help me, would be very happy for every answer i can get! Smiley

// EiL17

Awesome Face

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:30:46 PM by EiL17 » Logged

Spex130
Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 02:34:57 PM »

1. You'll have to replace the thing you messed up with the original file.

All of the files in the game can be found here (For NTSC/NTSJ): https://www.dropbox.com/s/p01chjw1j1k4zuz

or here (For PAL): www.mediafire.com/?obemxmzbcvb6d

The repositories mimic the insides of the Brawl Disc, so it should be easy to find things inside it.

Keeping backups when you're doing stuff like this will prevent you from ever having to go online to get original files, though.

2. Not that I know of. Sorry.

3. It's VERY simple. Just replace all of the files given to you, just like the costumes.

FitChar.Pac - Contains Moveset data. (This is necessary for new movesets.)

FitCharXX.pac
    FitCharXX.pcs
            - Contain costumes for you character. May or May not be necessary for your new moveset.
              More often than not, though, you'll need them.

FitCharMotionEtc.pac - Contains Animation and Extra Model data.
            - Generally, only REALLY old PSAs don't have one of these. If you get one, USE IT, because it's necessary.

Those are the general files. If you get other things, like: (FitCharDark.Pac, or FitCharEntry.pac, or FitCharFinal.pac)

...You'll need to use those, too.

It's really time-consuming to put full movesets inside the game using WiiScrubber, but nothing can be done about that.

Well, there are various game controllers you can buy that are directly designed for your computer. If you're savvy, you can buy converters for your PS2 Controllers. PS3 Controllers have MotionJoy, a program that allows use of them on computers. There are GameCube-to-USB converters floating around as well. Wireless Xbox controllers have a wireless adapter that allows them to be used with machines other than 360s. Wired Xbox Controllers are automatically usable with PCs. (Not sure about Macs. Linux should probably be fine.) You can buy Generic Bluetooth Hubs that are compliant with Windows 7 which will allow you to hook up Wii controllers (and any applicable accessories) directly up to the computer. Along with that, you can actually connect a sensorbar to your computer too.

I myself have a PS2-USB converter, PS3 MotionJoy, and Wired Xbox for my Dolphin.

If you really like your graphics, there's an HD HUD pack for Dolphin-Only users here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30523

I don't use it though, so you'll have to check that out yourself.

EiL17
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 03:10:42 PM »

WOW! Thanks a lot for thus HUGE answer!  Happy Face

1. Perect answered!   Cheesy

2. Alright.  Cheesy

3. This was the only answer that i didn't understand,    Roll Eyes
    How can i replace something that dosn't exist yet? For example on this video at the start:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCmLkHjkWI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCmLkHjkWI</a>

At the character screen there are a lot of characters that dosn't exist in the original game. For example Shadow, he is usually a replace for Sonic, but the now he is a own character instead of just an texture/skin.

4. Using an xbox 360 controller atm, and i think i will check that graphic hack out! Smiley  Cheesy

I want to thank you a lot that you took your time to answer my questions, very nice from you!  Smiley Smiley

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »

Alright, time to get back to basics.

FIRST. Characters can only replace other characters. "New" characters ALWAYS take someone else's fighter slot. NO EXCEPTIONS. I wish this wasn't true and we could add thousands of characters like in MUGEN, but we can't.

Yeah, you can't "replace" something that doesn't exist yet. We can't "create" things that don't exist yet either.

With that video, if you look close you'll see DK is missing. That's because they're probably using one of these:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=1&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Name=*ShadowKong*&ByUser=*&Credit=*&Info=*&Thumb1=*&Type=**&TypeAlt=*

Yes, normally the Shadow moveset overtakes Sonic's spot, but it's possible to move Movesets over characters that aren't native, like DK.

Also, since EVERYTHING in the game is editable, it's also possible to change DK's Character Selection Icon into a custom made Shadow Character Selection Icon. You can change the Character Select Portraits (Costume Pictures) to be Shadow. You can change DK's Soundbanks to Shadow's voice. You can change DK's Moveset, Model, and Animations into Shadow. So yes, he's a "new" character, but now DK isn't in the game.

It's like that. You will never have more than 35 characters in your game. (Not counting special techniques involving Warioman, Giga Bowser, and the Alloy fighters. And even then those are pretty unstable.)

Do you understand?  Wink

EiL17
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 04:04:09 PM »

Alright, i understand, you are just awesome!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You helped my a lot today! I hope i can come back to you if i need any more help, because i will for sure..  you explain everything so well! Laugh

Just another quick question, how/where can i use texture hacks for Giga Bowser? I can't finde him with WiiScrubber! Oh shi~

// EiL17

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 04:30:08 PM »

Alright, i understand, you are just awesome!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You helped my a lot today! I hope i can come back to you if i need any more help, because i will for sure..  you explain everything so well! Laugh

Just another quick question, how/where can i use texture hacks for Giga Bowser? I can't finde him with WiiScrubber! Oh shi~

// EiL17

Why thank you! Yes, feel free to do so!

Also, Giga Bowser is found in the Fighter folder, under the "gkoopa" name.

EiL17
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 04:43:40 PM »

WOW! Thanks! You should really get an award for best answers!   Happy Face  Happy Face

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: