Extra Character Slot

Started by ASF1nk, May 08, 2013, 08:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

interesting

once I can play brawl again, I'll definatly consider this :3

so... to get this strait...
this adds one extra slot to any character you decide to patch this over?? :/
and does this work on more than one character??
(too lazy to read, and can't watch YT vids atm)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

May 08, 2013, 10:02:40 PM #16 Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:32:51 PM by SonicBrawler
now i dont feel special for having the 4 extra slot clone engine...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on May 08, 2013, 10:02:40 PM
now i dont feel special for having the 4 extra slot clone engine...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


LOL
Now you only have +3 everyone else. :(
Skype: ASF1nk



Quote from: SonicBrawler on May 08, 2013, 10:02:40 PM
now i dont feel special for having the 4 extra slot clone engine...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


You have 4 extra slots?

Quote from: ds22 on May 08, 2013, 06:48:06 PM
Well, unless you don't mind having a bugged save,

Listen to him wisely guys. These codes can really mess up your game saves.


Quote from: Nanobuds on May 08, 2013, 11:38:49 PM
Listen to him wisely guys. These codes can really mess up your game saves.


like, delete all of it?
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

who uses saves now a day?
unless it messes up other games' saves...
there are unlock codes and stuffz

Quote from: joke king on May 09, 2013, 12:03:18 AM
who uses saves now a day?
unless it messes up other games' saves...
there are unlock codes and stuffz
real men use saves >=3

actually, I believe my save actually contains info to help compys fight better.
(my compy, red-hat Pika in particular, actually fights better than a lvl9)
^ no codes attached :D

I actually believe it has to do with me fighting my compy for years.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on May 08, 2013, 11:57:52 PM
like, delete all of it?
It can corrupt it and cause random crashes. The codes are still buggy, and will cause issues when trying to save statistics and records for the new slots.

Quote from: DarkPika on May 09, 2013, 12:13:54 AM
real men use saves >=3

actually, I believe my save actually contains info to help compys fight better.
(my compy, red-hat Pika in particular, actually fights better than a lvl9)
^ no codes attached :D

I actually believe it has to do with me fighting my compy for years.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're wrong.
Replay data has to be capable of being synched between wiis.
Replay data is nothing but starting conditions and button presses.
For an accurate replay, a computer will have to act the same in the same circumstances.
Therefore, the AI can learn during a fight, but not have a total bank of experience.
QED

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on May 09, 2013, 01:38:26 AM
QED

OH SNAP. Quod Erat Demonstrandum!

But seriously, cool find. But I guess I'll wait till there's something more stable. Not really desperate for a new slot yet...


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

All I gotta say is, don't knock it 'till you try it.

As much as I want to believe in the good intentions of the people posting negative comments, if you notice who they are, they have another common interest in mind, and it's not the safety of your save files...

Skype: ASF1nk



Yes it is the safety of your save files. Those bugs in the old codes affect more than you think...

Those bugged codes damage your savedata and the random occasional crashes from accessing the damaged data will occur no matter what codeset you're using. And this could lead to reports of a PSA/Stage/etc. freezing when the culprit isn't even the mod itself.

I know this because this happened to me some time ago around the time the buggy codes were posted on the wiki and was getting intermittent crashes when matches ended no matter if I was playing VBrawl, PM, or Brawl with mods after trying out those codes....

Part of the effect: Now I have to ask if they used this codeset when someone reports one of my things for freezing and testing shows that my mod isn't crashing the game.

Quote from: ASF1nk on May 09, 2013, 07:13:05 AM
All I gotta say is, don't knock it 'till you try it.

As much as I want to believe in the good intentions of the people posting negative comments, if you notice who they are, they have another common interest in mind, and it's not the safety of your save files...


Now that's just complete bull[censored].
All we want to do is warn people that these codes will corrupt their saves, which will affect them afterwards even when not using these codes, and you come saying here that we would make things up just so that people wouldn't use these codes?
I have way more experience with and knowledge of the clone engine than you'll ever have, so don't come here and tell me that I'm a liar or have an ulterior motive, because we in fact know how these codes can affect your game and genuinely want to warn people not to use these codes if they don't want to lose their saves.

Quote from: ASF1nk on May 09, 2013, 07:13:05 AM
All I gotta say is, don't knock it 'till you try it.

As much as I want to believe in the good intentions of the people posting negative comments, if you notice who they are, they have another common interest in mind, and it's not the safety of your save files...


That's kinda a [censored] thing to say.

We aren't lying. We're trying to help out others to prevent any problems on their Wii. It's not our intention to ruin your little moment of glory. We're just trying to help out the community.