Extra Character Slot

Started by ASF1nk, May 08, 2013, 08:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

This process seems to be causing a lot of problems for people. It is cool, I'm not saying it's bad. It's just that...it states that there is a possibility of corruption. So I'm going to wait until there's a more stable way to do this.
Quote from: Art Beins"The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.

Quote from: GanonZack on May 11, 2013, 09:47:49 PM
I probably should have asked this before but, do you know if this works with Riivolution?. I edited the xml just in case (adding the Roy folder and all the other things), but it doesn't seem to be read at the start of the match, because it freezes.
It should work on Riivo I don't see why not, but then again I don't really use it...
I'll see if I can make it work later.

In the mean time, some good news.

       

I got BPs, Result Screen Portraits, and possibly Stock Icons working.
More on this later, because I'm kinda tired...  :roy:
Skype: ASF1nk




Oh boi!
I like your work and i realy want that menu and info stuff

Quote from: ASF1nk on May 13, 2013, 08:52:48 AM
In the mean time, some good news.

I got BPs, Result Screen Portraits, and possibly Stock Icons working.
More on this later, because I'm kinda tired...  :roy:
I am really interested how you got that much to work. I can see many other uses for it beyond just this extra slot...

Secret Message: Your accomplishment is over-shadowed by how awesome that HUD looks.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

That HUD is downright gorgeous, and it's great to see you're getting the separate stuff working. When you say stock icons, do you mean separate ones ingame? Or just during the SSS. Cause I personally don't think the SSS ones are a big deal since they're only there for a brief moment, but if we could get unique stock icons back like in melee and 64 that'd be pretty neato.

May 17, 2013, 08:42:38 PM #66 Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:14:05 PM by ASF1nk
So...Now I know why some of you where getting freezes and a DK slot.
Turns out the Wiki page got sabotaged, and I made the mistake of copying the codes from there instead of my text file.
OP is fixed with the right codes now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay after much work and poking around dolphin debug I finally got the following to work for the extra slot:

-Battle Portraits
-Franchise Logo
-Result Portraits
-Stock Icons
-Result Screen Name
-Result Screen Announcer Call
-Victory Theme

BONUS:
-Each Character can have their own Franchise Logo
-Victory Theme for Alloys
-Result Anouncer SFX
-Wiimote SFX
-Result Name change for SOME characters
-1Up



So let's get started.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battle Portraits, Result Screen Portrait, Stock Icons.

Take for Example this chunk of values for Mario's Cosmetics

Mario's Cosmetics

0x804556d8 XX01ZZYY  Cosmetics
0x804556dc VV000000  Franchise Logo
0x804556e0 0000RRRR  Anouncer SFX
0x804556e4 35350000  Usage

XX = Cosmetic ID
ZZ = Character Slot ID
YY = Share Cosmetics to Character Slot ID
VV = Franchise Logo for both CSS and Battle.
RRRR = Announcer Character SFX.

YY is what I call the Share Byte.
It shares the specified Cosmetics in the values before with the character you specify using the Character Slot IDs.

So for Mario the first line reads like this:

0x804556d8 000100FF

So for XX he has the cosmetic ID for Mario
for ZZ has the Character slot ID for Mario
and YY he doesn't share his cosmetics so it has FF.

Now take a look at Bowser's Values:

0x80455788 0B010C2C

XX = Bowser's cosmetic ID
ZZ = Bowser's Character Slot ID
YY = GigaBowser's Character Slot ID

As you can see here YY is telling the game to share Bowser's Cosmetics with Gigabowser.


Now to use this knowledge to give the extra slot cosmetics.

I know we've all seen those blank CSPs, blank names and stuff.
So yeah, turns out they are for a Ghost slot for Zelda/Sheik, and we are going to claim it.

Ghost Z/S Cosmetics + Share to MarioD [ASF1nk]

04455938 2901FF32
0445593C 0E000000
04455940 0000202A

First line:
29 = Cosmetic ID for Ghost Z/S
FF = Ghost Z/S has no Character Slot ID
32 = Share with MarioD
Second line:
0E = Fire Emblem Franchise Logo
Third line:
202A = Alloy's Announcer Call.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Result Screen Name.

Zelda/Sheik Result Name Edit [ASF1nk]

064564F4 0000000C
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
00000000

0C = Byte count. No need to edit this value. NEVER go above 0C or you'll overlap with another character's name.
XX = String input

Changed to Roy:

Zelda/Sheik Result Name = Roy [ASF1nk]

064564f4 0000000C
526f7900 00000000
00000000
00000000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Victory Theme & Anouncer SFX

MarioD Victory Theme

04408988 0000285F

285F = song ID


Result Screen Anouncer Call MarioD

04408b0c 0000202A

202A = Alloy's Announcer Call

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Files needed for Ghost Z/S. [Note some of these need PAT editing for them to work] [CSS Stuff doesn't work yet]


\pf\menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac:

char_bust_tex_lz77\MiscData[41]\Textures\MenSelchrFaceB.411-416 [CSPs]
MiscData[30]\Textures\MenSelchrChrNm.411 [Name Tag]
MiscData[70]\Textures\MenSelchrChrFace.042 [CSS Icon]
MiscData[70]\Textures\MenSelchrChrNmS.042 [CSS Icon Name]
MiscData[90]\Textures\InfStc.411-416 [Stock Icons for SOLO mode]

\pf\menu2\sc_selmap.pac:

MiscData[40]\Texture\InfStc.411-416 [SSS Stock Icons]

\pf\info2\info.pac:

MiscData[30]\Textures\MenSelchrChrNmS.411  [Needs PAT editing] [Name Tag]
MiscData[30]\PAT\InfFace_TopN__0\Character_Name_Mat\MenSelchrChrNmS.411 [Add new entry give it key 411 and the texture of MenSelchrChrNmS.411] [There is already an entry between ToonLink and Wolf for the 411 just change the texture from MenSelchrChrNmS.400 to MenSelchrChrNmS.411.]

\pf\stage\melee\STGRESULT.pac:

MiscData[120]\Textures\InfStc.411-416 [Result Stock Icon]


For these you can copy the file from another Character and just rename them.
\pf\info\portrite\InfFace411.brres [Battle Portrait]
\pf\info\portrite\InfFace412.brres [Battle Portrait]
\pf\info\portrite\InfFace413.brres [Battle Portrait]
\pf\info\portrite\InfFace414.brres [Battle Portrait]
\pf\info\portrite\InfFace415.brres [Battle Portrait]
\pf\info\portrite\InfFace416.brres [Battle Portrait]
\pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex\MenSelchrFaceB410.brres [Result Screen Portraits]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll elavorate on this post and the Bonus stuff later.
I'll also upload a start up pack later.
Skype: ASF1nk



Looks like you're making some sweet progress. I'll probably wait until you upload the start up pack before I mess around with it, just makes it easier for me to understand personally when I see how it's all put together.
I still get the occasional freeze now when using those codes, it seems to happen at the end of a match, when trying to return to the CSS. It's happened 3 times total so far, but considering how much playtime I've put in compared to those 3 freezes it hasn't been that bad. If it starts to get worse I'll just replace my save file with my fresh one. I don't care about statistic data or anything so it's no skin off my back.

so, i was lookign through the codes, and i couldnt figure out how this makes mariod to roy. i saw the roy id, but what makes it mariod?

MarioD Character Slot->Roy Instance [Dantarion]
06AD8578 00000010
00000027 FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
04455568 13321D10
044557D8 10011332


I know the 27 is roy.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well, it took a long time for this to be shared, but better late then never!

Though it's considered unstable, I think it's functional enough for sharing!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I knew this would yield information I was looking for.

Finally being able to change the franchise icon's will be lovely.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

May 20, 2013, 11:31:35 AM #71 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:42:04 AM by ASF1nk
Quote from: SonicBrawler is gone for now on May 18, 2013, 10:22:58 PM
so, i was lookign through the codes, and i couldnt figure out how this makes mariod to roy. i saw the roy id, but what makes it mariod?

MarioD Character Slot->Roy Instance [Dantarion]
06AD8578 00000010
00000027 FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
04455568 13321D10
044557D8 10011332


I know the 27 is roy.

It is basically 3 parts.

First part writes 27 to the character slot memory address for MarioD.
Last 2 parts are explained on my last post.
Basically it shares Marth's cosmetics with MarioD[32].
Which is why I did away with them and made MarioD get them from Ghost Z/S.


So now that code looks like this:
MarioD Character Slot->Roy Instance [Dantarion]
06AD8578 00000010
00000027 FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF

Anyways here is the Extra Character Slot Kit.
Don't forget to add your own Marth PSA and stuff.
Please test 2nd GCT to see if its more stable regarding the occasional freezes going to the CSS.

Credit to SJS and Thany for the Roy cosmetics I used.



Quote from: Shun_One on May 19, 2013, 03:06:39 PM
I knew this would yield information I was looking for.

Finally being able to change the franchise icon's will be lovely.

If you really want them I can post all the characters later.
Skype: ASF1nk



If you would be so kind, it would be much appreciated.

My character porting is nearly done, since all I've yet to do is change the Results Screen Name and Franchise logo.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

May 20, 2013, 10:27:56 PM #73 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:20:00 PM by Chaos_Knight
I put in everything the kit included and I'm seeing Marth's icon and CSPs instead Roy's own. Am i doing something wrong?

Also I use DSX8's TvC CSS on Rii, would I have to insert all of Roy's stuff into that?
Edit: So I tried the codes with the the CSS I have now......and there's no extra icon for Roy.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

so would I be able to take that marioD -> roy and change the slot id from MarioD to another slot? Like 3E instead of MarioD's ID? im trying to get another slot and everything works.

also, for some reason, when I load roy, the game freezes. i follow everything fine...
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.