Extra Character Slot

Started by ASF1nk, May 08, 2013, 08:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ok, so I downloaded the extra character slot kit and Thany's Roy. It all works fine in Gecko (except that the extra slot has a Marth icon, even though I changed it to Roy?)

When I try to use this with Riivolution, It just sits and hangs when I select a stage.
I'm using the stability codeset (no file patch code because Riivo) with the cBliss xml.

Can anyone help me fix this? I have a lot of extra sounds, so I would much prefer to use Riivo.

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Update your .XML to include references of the extra slot filenames.

July 30, 2013, 05:20:55 AM #107 Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:38:04 AM by HelloThere
Hi, I have done everything ok and the extra roy works good (may freeze sometimes at the end of a match, but very rarely) I want to know if it's possible to change the sound of the anouncer saying "fighting alloy team" to another saying "roy" when he wins the match?

EDIT: Also, can you help me with the voice codes? I want Roy to have Pit's voice

I tried to use this for Riivolution but my game never started maybe I did something wrong or this was only for gecko?
MeowX

Quote from: MeowXRukio on July 31, 2013, 12:40:02 AM
I tried to use this for Riivolution but my game never started maybe I did something wrong or this was only for gecko?
You need to use a .gct without the filepatch code and I think you need an updated XML.

I seem to be having trouble with Project M. I'm able to load the character, but it always just plays as mario. I've tried duplicating the slot for other characters also, and it still always makes you play mario. I've gotten this to work with basic brawl, so why is Project M giving me difficulties?

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

That's cuz project m is lame and replaces all the characters who aren't in the current demo with mario.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Nanobuds on August 04, 2013, 12:30:42 AM:notimp:
Shh...

There there, Nano.

It's okay...

You're going to have to deal with the fact that not everyone likes P:M.

Now calm down, and let the man have his opinion.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

well fine. by lame i ment odd

but still
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: PuffJigglyKing on August 04, 2013, 12:54:02 AM

You're going to have to deal with the fact that not everyone likes P:M.

:oshi:

So I've been trying to think of a way to add the extra slot so that we can use custom portraits and CSPs for the extra slot and came up with an idea, but I'm not the greatest with coding so I figured I could at least share the idea. From what I can tell, having Sheik as a separate slot on the CSS is nice, but it isn't exactly needed (We can just load Zelda and transform in Sheik). Is there some way we can use the Roy instanced slot in Sheik's spot on the CSS? This way, we don't have to remove Sheik from the game, but Roy gets his own slot on the CSS. Then we could just use Roy CSPs and the CSS icon over Sheik's. I'm probably not explaining this the best but hopefully you guys understand my point.

Just wanna say I tried this, and it works great for me (using Gecko).

Do any of the other dummied out slots work in the same way as MarioD does for this? Is it possible to add more than one slot currently? If so, does anyone know which ones currently work?
If you can read this, raise your resolution. Bigger isn't always better!

there is a way, but i would wait until it gets a CSS/CSP entry. i don't bother with the ingame crap, so i just use a code that removes it. and just gibes me a colored brawl symbol and a percentage. this would be a perfect thing if it had CSS. but the only thing i could think of for it to work would be a Clone Character Selection Portrait and Picture loader. it would be like the sound loader EXCEPT insdead of .bnk or the sound format it woud have to be a special side format just for the portrait/name/CSS. and the Cbliss code would have to be updated to accomodate for the newer character. if i remember correctly the current Cbliss accomodates for MarioD but none others.

it will be complicated. but i'm going to wait til' Phantomwing's REL method of cloning and see where that will take us. this is amazing, but i'm patient for a more final release
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

does not work on riivolution and can you make it work for cbliss?
MeowX