cBliss v1.5 [16?]

Started by ASF1nk, May 28, 2013, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

16?

Si
Siiiiiiiii!
June 02, 2013, 07:48:34 PM #255 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:49:52 PM by ASF1nk
Quote from: WarioMANX on June 02, 2013, 08:46:54 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Glad it's working for you.
I had already mentioned how to put the required cBliss stuff into the CSS, SSS and Result of your liking in the OP.

Quote from: Mr.MW on June 02, 2013, 08:58:09 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


What.

Quote from: TaikoMang on June 02, 2013, 02:19:44 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's just the Stock Icons. If you don't mind having mismatched StockIcons on the Result then don't bother with it.
Other wise the steps on what to replace are in the OP.

Quote from: Keil Crimson on June 02, 2013, 05:10:04 PM
I got the chance to test this out for awhile before he posted it, and I gotta say it works flawlessly. Definitely get this if you want cBliss with P:M. XD

And now I'm all happy and stuffs. Sorry for getting so angry and frustrated before :3

Congrats.
And yeah I should have mentioned it was the Wifi safe version of PM.

-------------------------------------------------------
PM people.
Okay so you know how I said Ind. Pokemon freeze when picking the same costume.
This is true on the wifi safe version, don't know the offline one.
This also affected having ivy selected and placing a coin on random, the game would freeze.

Here is the fix.

You know how, when you search for ''804553C4'' [Ivy] you get 2 matches?
you must delete this one:

06585E00 00000010
22FF1B1E 000019C6
804553C4 80000000  

You can just search for ''06585E00'' and delete that line and the two below it.

After that it should work fine when selecting suirt00 vs ivy00.

Anyways here is the fixed txt file for PM 2.5b WIFI Safe version.
Skype: ASF1nk



I've analyzed what the cBliss code does in Dolphin (my first time using the dolphin debug :D) and I've made a small mod that seems to be okay.

Basically, from what I understand, you copied the way the css works for Wario, but it's been cut to 10 slots instead of 12. Then you've used an additional place in memory to restore Wario's roster. Well, this makes biker Wario to be switched with the overalls wario in ProjectM, cause we've inverted the order so the overalls one is the default one. As you overwrite that, the icons don't correspond with the loaded character.

So what if we leave Wario alone? Just building the 10-chars slot in that space in memory used to restore Wario should work. And that's what I've done.

I've maximized the number of characters per slot, even the unused ones. I've removed the Wario 'fixing' code and I've made the color offset fix to point another place. We save 5 lines, and Wario is okay in ProjectM. And everything works and stuff.

Here's the codes, I guess this should update cBliss to v1.6 or something like that.

Characters have 10 Costumes [All Chars] v2 [ASF1nk, Mewtwo2000]

06AD817C 00000070
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF
1FFF1FFF 1FFF1FFF

Costume Color offset FIX v2 [ASF1nk, Mewtwo2000]
07200d34 0000001C
05000001 03020103
08040205 02060007
03080109 0C000000
00000000 00000000

All Roster has Costume Offset FIX. v3 [ASF1nk, Mewtwo2000]
04455460 81200d34
04455470 81200d34
04455480 81200d34
04455490 81200d34
044554A0 81200d34
044554B0 81200d34
044554C0 81200d34
044554D0 81200d34
044554E0 81200d34
044554F0 81200d34
04455500 81200d34
04455510 81200d34
04455520 81200d34
04455530 81200d34
04455540 81200d34
04455550 81200d34
04455560 81200d34
04455570 81200d34
04455580 81200d34
04455590 81200d34
044555A0 81200d34
044555B0 80455334
044555C0 81200d34
044555D0 81200d34
044555E0 81200d34
044555F0 81200d34
04455600 81200d34
04455610 81200d34
04455620 81200d34
04455630 81200d34
04455640 81200d34
04455650 81200d34
04455660 81200d34
04455670 81200d34
04455680 81200d34
04455690 81200d34
044556A0 81200d34
044556B0 81200d34
044556C0 81200d34
044556D0 81200d34


Never followed in memory what a gct code does before, but I've found it rather easy and interesting  :kdance:
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Yeah I thought about doing it like that before.
Thing is a lot of codes use empty space in memory.
That's why I left the characters load from Wario and Wario from empty space.
That way if by any reason anyone uses a code that writes to the same empty space only Wario breaks and not all the other characters.
Skype: ASF1nk



People would probably be just as dissatisfied even if it was just Wario that broke.

...Well, maybe in P:M. I don't know about vBrawl Wario ;)

June 02, 2013, 09:45:05 PM #259 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:42:11 PM by blazingflare
For those that are interested, I have replaced all of the new costume slots with filler versions. Just use this to fill up your blank slots.
It contains the .pac and .pcs files for every character as well as the extra Kirby hats and Pokemon Trainer final smash .pacs. As an added bonus, the characters themselves are color coded as well rather than just plain black.


Grab them here.

Warning: it is a 80Mb download.


There's some version of the file patch code that needs the menu2 files to be put in /pfmenu2 instead of /pf/menu2, maybe that's the problem.

Quote from: ASF1nk on June 02, 2013, 09:17:48 PM
Yeah I thought about doing it like that before.
Thing is a lot of codes use empty space in memory.
That's why I left the characters load from Wario and Wario from empty space.
That way if by any reason anyone uses a code that writes to the same empty space only Wario breaks and not all the other characters.


I don't really see the difference between having one character freezing and having all the roster freezing. If there's a freeze, in any case, a new empty space has to be found O.o
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

AWESOME WORK ASF1nk
YOU ARE INCREDIBLE
I THINK IT IS  LITTLE TOO DIFFICULT FOR ME BUT TO KNOW YOU HAVE CREATE THE POSSIBILITY TO INCREASE THE SLOT IS INCREDIBLE
GOOD CONTINUATION :)

I've frozen twice with this, but the freezes seem.. random.
The first time I had it, I loaded 4 Links at the same time, 3 of the 4 being on the expansion slots.  I pressed A on the stage and it loaded forever. (1 player and 3 CPU)
The second time, I had 3 Links (1 player and 2 CPU) and I was preparing the last one.  I opened the 4th CPU, then picked up the marker.  Moved like, one frame left and it froze.

Quote from: ShinF on June 02, 2013, 06:49:07 PM
Same. Seems kind of strange, but it works.

sc_selmap is a part of common5.pac. If you open it in brawlbox, you can export sc_selmap_en, rename it to sc_selmap, and put it in the pf/menu2 folder. That should work.


EDIT: Also... does anyone know how the popo/nana order works in cbliss? Which one is in front for which costumes? I don't think it's been mentioned yet.
I was able to get that sc_selmap, so thank you for that, but when I put that in there, I got this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: MrUnusual on June 03, 2013, 01:06:41 AM
I was able to get that sc_selmap, so thank you for that, but when I put that in there, I got this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's... very strange. Are the blacked out stages a part of the pack, or are they just empty? It looks like the icons are missing, though I have no idea what would have happened to them.

There is something else you could try, though I'm not positive if it would work. I think it should, though - If I remember correctly, the sc_selmap in menu2 overrides the one in common5 when they both exist, but the game loads from common5 if there is no sc_selmap in menu2, so you could just try loading it up without having sc_selmap in the folder at all and making sure common5 is placed properly.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

June 03, 2013, 02:56:00 AM #265 Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:59:12 AM by MrUnusual
Quote from: ShinF on June 03, 2013, 01:16:37 AM
That's... very strange. Are the blacked out stages a part of the pack, or are they just empty? It looks like the icons are missing, though I have no idea what would have happened to them.

There is something else you could try, though I'm not positive if it would work. I think it should, though - If I remember correctly, the sc_selmap in menu2 overrides the one in common5 when they both exist, but the game loads from common5 if there is no sc_selmap in menu2, so you could just try loading it up without having sc_selmap in the folder at all and making sure common5 is placed properly.
The black icons didn't come with the pack and the weird thing is if you look at the 1st pic, some of those icons are mis-assigned. For example, when I pick the Yoshi Story Icon, I end up in the Yoshi Island Stage, the 64 DK stage takes me to Jungle Japes, the black one after that takes me to Onett, Sector Z takes me to Corneria, pretty much all of those 64 icons take me to Melee Stages, the 1st black icon on the 2nd pic takes me to Big Blue and then all of the stages at the bottom starting after Final Destination 64 freeze the game. As far as what you said about sc_selmap, I figured that out in the process, I tried deleting sc_selmap entirely and using the one in the common5, they both did the same thing :/

But... there is something interesting, when I use the RSBE01.gct file that came with the Melee/64 Expansion pack (the gct that does not have any other codes in it) I get this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But when I combine the cBliss and Melee/64 codes using ocarina and convert it back to a gct file, that's when I get those images with the black icons. I think the reason is because the code I use for Melee/64 Expansion is not the same as the one that's in the RSBE01.gct that the rar comes with (I found the text version online somewhere), but I don't have a way of comparing them because I don't know how to convert the original gct to a proper txt file so that I can use that.

Quote from: MrUnusual on June 03, 2013, 02:56:00 AM
The black icons didn't come with the pack and the weird thing is if you look at the 1st pic, some of those icons are mis-assigned. For example, when I pick the Yoshi Story Icon, I end up in the Yoshi Island Stage, the 64 DK stage takes me to Jungle Japes, the black one after that takes me to Onett, Sector Z takes me to Corneria, pretty much all of those 64 icons take me to Melee Stages, the 1st black icon on the 2nd pic takes me to Big Blue and then all of the stages at the bottom starting after Final Destination 64 freeze the game. As far as what you said about sc_selmap, I figured that out in the process, I tried deleting sc_selmap entirely and using the one in the common5, they both did the same thing :/

But... there is something interesting, when I use the RSBE01.gct file that came with the Melee/64 Expansion pack (the gct that does not have any other codes in it) I get this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But when I combine the cBliss and Melee/64 codes using ocarina and convert it back to a gct file, that's when I get those images with the black icons. I think the reason is because the code I use for Melee/64 Expansion is not the same as the one that's in the RSBE01.gct that the rar comes with (I found the text version online somewhere), but I don't have a way of comparing them because I don't know how to convert the original gct to a proper txt file so that I can use that.

I believe the same thing happened to me when I tried to combine that with my maxed out CSS(49 icons including all the gimmick characters possible like Alloys and separate Popo and Nana). Never found a solution other than just having to set everything up in the SSS by myself rather than using a pack.

Quote from: MrUnusual on June 03, 2013, 02:56:00 AM
The black icons didn't come with the pack and the weird thing is if you look at the 1st pic, some of those icons are mis-assigned. For example, when I pick the Yoshi Story Icon, I end up in the Yoshi Island Stage, the 64 DK stage takes me to Jungle Japes, the black one after that takes me to Onett, Sector Z takes me to Corneria, pretty much all of those 64 icons take me to Melee Stages, the 1st black icon on the 2nd pic takes me to Big Blue and then all of the stages at the bottom starting after Final Destination 64 freeze the game. As far as what you said about sc_selmap, I figured that out in the process, I tried deleting sc_selmap entirely and using the one in the common5, they both did the same thing :/

But... there is something interesting, when I use the RSBE01.gct file that came with the Melee/64 Expansion pack (the gct that does not have any other codes in it) I get this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But when I combine the cBliss and Melee/64 codes using ocarina and convert it back to a gct file, that's when I get those images with the black icons. I think the reason is because the code I use for Melee/64 Expansion is not the same as the one that's in the RSBE01.gct that the rar comes with (I found the text version online somewhere), but I don't have a way of comparing them because I don't know how to convert the original gct to a proper txt file so that I can use that.

So the code you're using doesn't come from the expansion pack? I assume when you say you found the text version online, you're referring to the Stage Expansion / Eternal Yoshi's Maxed Out SSS?

In any case, I agree that it's something in the code that's causing the blank spots. The only way I know to convert a GCT into text is using GCT Edit. It doesn't always label exactly which code is which, but if you just use it to copy all of the code from the Melee/64 Expansion, you can put it into a txt file with cBliss code and make that into a GCT.

Quote from: ToadKart on June 03, 2013, 05:10:33 AM
I believe the same thing happened to me when I tried to combine that with my maxed out CSS(49 icons including all the gimmick characters possible like Alloys and separate Popo and Nana). Never found a solution other than just having to set everything up in the SSS by myself rather than using a pack.
]

In all honesty, that's probably the best way to go about it. Sure, the setup is tedious, but you know exactly how it's set up. When I added cBliss, I just copied my stages, codes and sc_selmap exactly as they were. I've had a couple of kinks to work out with cBliss, but none of them involved Stage Expansion.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

June 03, 2013, 05:45:47 AM #268 Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 07:13:43 AM by Szasz
Quote from: ASF1nk on June 02, 2013, 09:17:48 PM
BTW here are the original Costume offsets just in case.


CSP Offsets
0x80455460 804551E8 Mario
0x80455470 804551F8 DK
0x80455480 80455208 Link
0x80455490 80455218 Samus
0x804554A0 80455228 ZeroSuit Samus
0x804554B0 80455238 Yoshi
0x804554C0 80455248 Kirby
0x804554D0 80455258 Fox
0x804554E0 80455268 Pikachu
0x804554F0 80455274 Luigi
0x80455500 80455284 Captain Falcon
0x80455510 80455294 Ness
0x80455520 804552A4 Bowser
0x80455530 804552B4 Peach
0x80455540 804552C4 Zelda
0x80455550 804552D4 Sheik
0x80455560 804552E4 Ice Climbers
0x80455570 804552F4 Marth
0x80455580 80455304 G&W
0x80455590 80455314 Falco
0x804555A0 80455324 Ganondorf
0x804555B0 80455334 Wario
0x804555C0 80455350 MetaKnight
0x804555D0 80455360 Pit
0x804555E0 80455370 Olimar
0x804555F0 80455380 Lucas
0x80455600 80455390 Diddy
0x80455610 804553A0 Pokemon Trainer
0x80455620 804553AC Charizard
0x80455630 804553B8 Squirtle
0x80455640 804553C4 Ivysaur
0x80455650 804553D0 Dedede
0x80455660 804553E0 Lucario
0x80455670 804553EC Ike
0x80455680 804553FC ROB
0x80455690 8045540C Jigglypuff
0x804556A0 80455418 ToonLink
0x804556B0 80455428 Wolf
0x804556C0 80455438 Snake
0x804556D0 80455448 Sonic


This can be used to turn off cBliss on characters you want.
Just replace in the All Roster has Costume Offset FIX. v2 code.
Characters are in the same order.
Only do this if you have mastered cBliss. If you don't even know what you're doing don't try please.

What's so difficult about this? doesn't one just delete the line next to the character's name?

*edit*
Oh I see now, the first half doesn't match the actual code. What is this about?

Quote from: ShinF on June 03, 2013, 05:19:48 AM
So the code you're using doesn't come from the expansion pack? I assume when you say you found the text version online, you're referring to the Stage Expansion / Eternal Yoshi's Maxed Out SSS?

In any case, I agree that it's something in the code that's causing the blank spots. The only way I know to convert a GCT into text is using GCT Edit. It doesn't always label exactly which code is which, but if you just use it to copy all of the code from the Melee/64 Expansion, you can put it into a txt file with cBliss code and make that into a GCT.
]

In all honesty, that's probably the best way to go about it. Sure, the setup is tedious, but you know exactly how it's set up. When I added cBliss, I just copied my stages, codes and sc_selmap exactly as they were. I've had a couple of kinks to work out with cBliss, but none of them involved Stage Expansion.
I played around with it more and I FINALLY have everything working now, thank all of you sooo much! :D The only thing that sucks is some of the interactive melee stages don't work, they freeze, like Brinstar Dephs, Mute City and Poke Floats for example, but at this point, I'm so glad I got all of the other things working that I don't really care haha, took me 5 days to do this thing and for ASF1nk, I have a gift for you. I did Simulator Sonic recolors for your cBliss, I will be posting them soon