CSP and character names not showing up in game

Started by thomasbradley, May 31, 2013, 05:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I replaced all of Marth's MenSelchrFaceB files and his MenSelchrNm file, but they won't show up on the character select screen. Where exactly I put the sc_selcharacter_en.pac? I'm using Riivolution, and I placed the sc_selcharacter_en.pac in E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2 on my SD card, is that the correct place for it?
Also, do I need the _en if I'm using Riivolution, or is there a different problem? Thanks for the help.

Riivolution users must put that file in a common5_en.pac. That files goes in pf/system

Okay, I did that, but now the game freezes as soon as I get to the character select screen.

Then there must be something wrong with the CSP. Do you use a Custom CSP?

Yeah, I just replaced Marth's six CSP and his name, making the common5.pac file size 11,989 KB, where the original is 11,919 KB, that isn't too large is it? I've started using BeyondYou's XML, which said I don't need to type the _en at the end of the common5.pac. The other parts of the PSA work fine, the model is showing up as it should, I just can't get any of the csp stuff to work.


June 03, 2013, 05:42:30 AM #6 Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 06:30:26 AM by thomasbradley
Yeah, the dimensions are correct. As far as I can tell, I've done everything right according to tutorials, but I must have missed something since it's not working.

EDIT: I got the CSPs working, I tried importing them as cmpr files, and it worked. They're slightly lower quality, but it's hardly noticeable in-game.

then ur proble was filesize.
be carefull for this in anything you do to avoid possible freezes

Can you show us the CSPs you used please?
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Yeah the filesize is the only thing I can think of that could have been the problem, but it's strange since the actual mb count for the common5.pac wasn't too large, and neither were the individual portraits.
The CSPs were from CrazyHandMasterHand's Lucina PSA v1.5, I can upload the images in a bit.

Dude... you must EXPORT the MenSelchrNm, MenSelchrFace and all the misc Marth stuff... to edit that files, the game will freezes if you import all the char_bust_tex_lz77>MiscData[16] and the formats are not compatible, for example if you replace directly the MiscData of Game Watch for MiscData of Ike the game will freezes because the formats are not compatible...

Other thing, you must not replace with the same file two diferents slots, for example, do not replace the MenSelcharFaceB.161 with a file named "Hola1" (it's an example) and the file MenSelcharFaceB.162 with the same file "Hola1", if put a same file in different slots (for the same character), the game will freezes.
**********************
Friend code: 2710-2190-3673