Villager Joins the Brawl! -Released!-

Started by SonicBrawler, June 12, 2013, 12:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Revision 3 is finally done!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sltz1l3d4nlolp4/VillagerPSARevision3.zip

new stuff - Throws and Final Smash done, and the Kirby Hat started.

i put the costumes in there just in case, but they haven't changed since last time, so you don't need to change them.  the rest of the files have changed though.  i updated the ReadMe to tell you where to put the extra stuff, and included a ChangeLog, even if it's not too informative...

so with that, i have a few tweaks i want to make to this version, but the next update will (hopefully) include all the extra versions i've promised, being an .rel port to someone other that Pit, a BrawlEx port, and a Project: M version.  and once those are done, i'll focus on my Clean Up list, get the CSPs and extra stuff ready, and call it a Final Release.

Quote from: Snoopy on March 17, 2014, 12:34:00 AM
Revision 3 is finally done!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sltz1l3d4nlolp4/VillagerPSARevision3.zip

new stuff - Throws and Final Smash done, and the Kirby Hat started.

i put the costumes in there just in case, but they haven't changed since last time, so you don't need to change them.  the rest of the files have changed though.  i updated the ReadMe to tell you where to put the extra stuff, and included a ChangeLog, even if it's not too informative...

so with that, i have a few tweaks i want to make to this version, but the next update will (hopefully) include all the extra versions i've promised, being an .rel port to someone other that Pit, a BrawlEx port, and a Project: M version.  and once those are done, i'll focus on my Clean Up list, get the CSPs and extra stuff ready, and call it a Final Release.
Nice, nice, and NICE! I would try it, but I can't hack because my SD card broke... But this'll look promising on YouTube! Great job man!

I can stress this enough...

With PSAs, you need both the .pac and the .pcs, or else characters won't work properly in Single Player Modes.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I totally forgot that he was on Pit.
I should give this a shot, thanks to BrawlEx.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 17, 2014, 12:53:23 AM
I can stress this enough...

With PSAs, you need both the .pac and the .pcs, or else characters won't work properly in Single Player Modes.

Quoted for truth, Puff. I hate, hate, HATE creating them myself, it's a tedious process. D:

But since I did it a while ago, I'll take the new PAC and motionEtc for a spin.

Quote from: KingEvilpuff on March 17, 2014, 12:53:23 AM
I can stress this enough...

With PSAs, you need both the .pac and the .pcs, or else characters won't work properly in Single Player Modes.

yeah, i derped on that part.  i haven't played any of the single player stuff in a few years, so that wasn't exactly at the front of my mind.  i've updated the link with the .pac files of all the costumes now.  thanks for reminding me about that.

Snoopy. Did you have any CSP's for the Villager? I swear you made some...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on March 17, 2014, 04:50:03 AM
Snoopy. Did you have any CSP's for the Villager? I swear you made some...

i've got one i made when i uploaded the Ness version of this Villager model.



it's the only one so far...   i have this and the Smash 4 pose ready for CSP making.  just need to actually make them.

nice so will you do this over wario?
             
I'll smash you!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67633.0
come check out our Project Sm4sh brawl!!!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67091.0
come check out my psa page!

Quote from: powerofthe17 on March 17, 2014, 11:10:16 PM
nice so will you do this over wario?

possibly
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Awesome move set keep the amazing work up :)

snoopy some feedback from your latest release

Jab(AAA) hitbox really need to be fixed  they need to be much larger and away from villager gloves,  they also push back and make it impossible to hit all 3

Sugestion first make the first 2 hits (attack 11 and 12) be much bigger and away from villager so we can actually hit someone
Make attack 13 animation villager doing a step foward and then doing an uppercut so you can hit with all 3.


DownB air- the downb air makes it switch between the aerial version to the ground one when he lands and since it takes so much time to use it you will eventualy always use the ground version unless your falling offstage

Sugestion: change the action codding so if villager uses downB air and lands it doesnt switch to the land version, preety simple fix imo.

otherwise the moveset seems preety fun altough it lacks knockback on most moves overall all moves fell very weak knockbackwise from smashes to aerials and even the FS
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 11:09:20 AM
snoopy some feedback from your latest release

Jab(AAA) hitbox really need to be fixed  they need to be much larger and away from villager gloves,  they also push back and make it impossible to hit all 3

Sugestion first make the first 2 hits (attack 11 and 12) be much bigger and away from villager so we can actually hit someone
Make attack 13 animation villager doing a step foward and then doing an uppercut so you can hit with all 3.

this is on my list of To Fix.  i probably shouldn't have attached the hitboxes to the HandN bones...

Quote from: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 11:09:20 AM
DownB air- the downb air makes it switch between the aerial version to the ground one when he lands and since it takes so much time to use it you will eventualy always use the ground version unless your falling offstage

Sugestion: change the action codding so if villager uses downB air and lands it doesnt switch to the land version, preety simple fix imo.

yeah, i need to do something like that.  or see if i can get some sort of transition animation.  i more just wanted to get it working first, then make it look good.  it's on my To Fix list now.

Quote from: Carnage on March 18, 2014, 11:09:20 AM
otherwise the moveset seems preety fun altough it lacks knockback on most moves overall all moves fell very weak knockbackwise from smashes to aerials and even the FS

so, more knockback on pretty much everything.  i'll make some adjustments to that then.  thanks for the suggestions, maybe this will help him feel a bit more Brawl natural, he's still been feeling a bit off.

Hmm...

I gave the Villager a try, and I'm overall not impressed. Though I do admire the amount of work and dedication put into this PSA.

Don't take it the wrong way. My quality standards are much higher than the average user.

Some Animations looks great, but most of them seem to be stiff and lacking life.

Another issue that Villager has is that he's mostly slow with attacking.

I see great potential with this PSA. All it needs is some touchups in Animation and PSA work.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I like what I see so far. Many animations need work, like the side smash. It's just him standing there with a net until he swings.

Is it possible to charge the Gyroid rocket ala Luigi and Pikachu's side B?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]