Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cbliss problems  (Read 5038 times)
DoChobin
Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 26, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »

Alright, I having some problems with the cbliss hack that gives all characters 10 costumes. My game is freezing either...

A: When the match is finished and GAME! comes up, and it should go to the result screen. This freeze is silent.
    or B: Randomly sometimes on the Character Select Screen. This freeze makes the beep sound.

Both of these don't always happen, and seem to happen semi randomly, but only when I use cBliss.

My character select screen and  stage select screen are below the necessary filesize limits.
    I am using a combination of Gecko and Smash Stack to load codes, and bypassing the Homebrew Channel.
    I have blazingflare's pack for filler textures to fill up all the necessary files.
    I have put the STGRESULT.pac that comes with cbliss in the melee folder. My other character textures (besides the filler ones) have both .pac and .pcs.
    The .pac filesize is larger than the .pcs.
    For some of them I had only a .pcs and had to make a .pac by using Brawlbox's save as archive pair feature - could that be a problem?
    I put the gameconfig.txt in both the root of the SD and the codes folder because I did not know where it went.
    I have Thany's Meleey Roy PSA over Wolf, and a custom CSS code. Could those cause a conflict?

Please let me know if you see any glaring problems here. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Also, I've been noticing that it MIGHT be happening more often when I use Ganon, Pit or the Pokemon Trianer, but I'm not sure if it is coincidence or not, because it has happened with other characters as well.

I hate signatures. All they do is take up space with the SAME MESSAGE over and over again! I never use them.
    ...wait. Crap.

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

Hey, wanna be in my gang?

• Awards Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »

I use cBliss on Gecko and get random freezes all the time even though I have everything set up properly. I don't think it can be avoided.

DoChobin
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:11:13 PM »

Well that's terrible.
    Seems like I'm getting them too often to be worth it. Sorry, cBliss.

I hate signatures. All they do is take up space with the SAME MESSAGE over and over again! I never use them.
    ...wait. Crap.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 12:34:25 AM »

I can guarantee you don't have it set up properly else it wouldn't be freezing.

Silent freeze going to result screen; check your RSPs [menu/common/char_bust_tex]
    Random freeze on CSS; you edited your CSS wrong/ You have a bad hack.

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:21:40 AM »

DoChobin is using the pack you supplied and the filler pack so every slot is filled, how can that be wrong?

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 05:00:59 AM »

No he doesn't.

He says that the CSS and SSS are below the limit which more than likely means he edited them some how.
    He makes no mention of RSPs and BPs.
    I personally cannot attest for Blazingflare's pack as I have not tried it.
    He also mentions: "My other character textures (besides the filler ones) have both .pac and .pcs."
    Which clearly implies that not ALL his costumes have both .pac and .pcs, when clearly cBliss requires them.
    He has other codes which might not be properly set up.
    He also has a ported character.

So yeah... There is plenty of room for user error here.

DoChobin
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »

Well, just recently I tried formatting my SD card, then copying over the cbliss kit for gecko that comes in the download onto my root. I added Gecko's boot.elf to the root, and added Smash Stack (I have it set up so that smash stack loads gecko, bypassing homebrew). Then I added Blazingfire's pack, and tried it out. I still am getting the same freezes.

You are the creator, correct? So I'll take your word on it that the problem isn't cbliss itself. I think I'll try this again, but fill up the new texture slots with files from vanilla brawl, and see if it works. Maybe it is blazingfire's pack.

My only other idea would be, does Cbliss require the homebrew channel in anyway? Does it work correctly if I am just using Smash Stack to boot up Gecko, and then playing?

Also, on my first attempt, I did copy over the RSP and BP files from cBliss. My CSS and SSS were custom, but I replaced the files from cbliss's CSS and SSS as outlined on the official thread. My other codes were properly set up because I had no freezing untill I added Cbliss, and I added nothing else. All my costumes did have both a .pac and .pcs.

But anyway, thank you very much for your help.

...wait. Crap.

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »

You're not gonna get it to work perfectly without crashes

DoChobin
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 03:48:47 PM »

Welp, I'm sure as heck gonna try, if other people have done it.

This is too awesome to not fall flat on my face a couple times for.

Post Merge: June 27, 2013, 09:33:26 PM
    All right, so this time, I formatted my SD card again, then copied over the Gecko kit that comes with cBliss. I added the st folder for smash stack, and then put Gecko's boot.elf in the root. Then, I went to Brawl's data partition and downloaded every character sans GameandWatch's FitChar00, both .pac and .pcs. I then put them in the correct folders, made copies, and renamed the copies to the new slots created by cBliss until all new slots were filled by original files from Brawl. Then I started up the game. I am still getting the random freezes.

So, I tried copying the setup over to my other SD card, and that didn't work either. So, the problem isn't my SD card, and it isn't blazingflare's recolor pack. My only other idea is that maybe it doesn't work with Smash Stack/Gecko combo? I will have to try homebrew channel and see what happens there.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:33:26 PM by DoChobin » Logged

...wait. Crap.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 08:13:54 AM »

Welp, I'm sure as heck gonna try, if other people have done it.

This is too awesome to not fall flat on my face a couple times for.

Post Merge: June 27, 2013, 09:33:26 PM
    All right, so this time, I formatted my SD card again, then copied over the Gecko kit that comes with cBliss. I added the st folder for smash stack, and then put Gecko's boot.elf in the root. Then, I went to Brawl's data partition and downloaded every character sans GameandWatch's FitChar00, both .pac and .pcs. I then put them in the correct folders, made copies, and renamed the copies to the new slots created by cBliss until all new slots were filled by original files from Brawl. Then I started up the game. I am still getting the random freezes.

So, I tried copying the setup over to my other SD card, and that didn't work either. So, the problem isn't my SD card, and it isn't blazingflare's recolor pack. My only other idea is that maybe it doesn't work with Smash Stack/Gecko combo? I will have to try homebrew channel and see what happens there.
    Check out Wolf's folder + Peach one, it misses the FitPeachEntry files + FitWolf08 or 07

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

DoChobin
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 08:24:08 AM »

I do have the FitPeachEntrys and all of Wolf's files are in place. I used the FitPeachEntrys that come with cBliss, and I noticed they are only 4 KB each. Is that normal, or could something have happened to them while I was downloading them?

...wait. Crap.

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »

That would only affect Peach and Wolf, everything else would be fine which it isn't.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 04:24:54 PM »

If you upload a dump of your SD card I'm willing to take a look at it.

DoChobin
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 08:36:39 PM »

Alright, thanks a bundle! I mean it, too. Smiley

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/g460qf2ituw5pk5/DochobinsSD.zip

...wait. Crap.

DoChobin
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 04:34:05 PM »

Alright, not to be a thorn in your side, but have you taken a look at my SD card? It's been like a month or two.

...wait. Crap.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: