It's here. RSBE - Replacement SoundBank Engine "FPC 4.0" by InternetExplorer

Started by InternetExplorer, July 22, 2013, 08:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hello IE6, welcome to the community
this officially bumps the file patch code to v4.0
XD
Just wanted to say thanks for all ur code tutorial videos on ur youtube page, i dont think u ever released ur modified dolphin debugger lol
i haven tried this, but u are aware that brawlbox can now edit soundbrsar;
do you think exporting to bnk format will be too much for black jax to handle?

i also think that the title RSBE can confuse people easily lol

well i am now in the mood to update 3.5.3, giving u guys the ability for 3 rosters and each now with their own soundbanks
XD

Technically I never made a custom Dolphin debugger, I simply compiled the DebugFast build of Dolphin, which anyone can do after pulling the source.

I think Super Sawndz is the most user-friendly and efficient way to handle sound effects, and BBox support would be great but Black Jax should be focusing on more important things, since we already have a tool for this that works.

Screw the confusion, I'm all about da puns.

Quote from: InternetExplorer on July 24, 2013, 04:11:40 AM
Technically I never made a custom Dolphin debugger, I simply compiled the DebugFast build of Dolphin, which anyone can do after pulling the source.
mk
Quote from: InternetExplorer on July 24, 2013, 04:11:40 AM
I think Super Sawndz is the most user-friendly and efficient way to handle sound effects, and BBox support would be great but Black Jax should be focusing on more important things, since we already have a tool for this that works.
yea
ur right
Quote from: InternetExplorer on July 24, 2013, 04:11:40 AM
Screw the confusion, I'm all about da puns.
lol
indeed

well now im running into issue's with it... now the sounds wont even do anything.. :/

20.bnk - falcon
44.bnk - snake
223.bnk - character select screen calls/characall

i think it has to be filesize issue's..

note:
im using the file patch code 3.5.1 and the stage expansion pack 5.3 with tracklist modifier... idk if the stage expansion pack would cause issue's with this code tho ._.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


ok nvm... i got it working now! except i went over snakes sfx size limit.. freezes when clicking on him
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Replacement SoundBank Engine
RSBE
I see what you did there ;)

But anyways good work IE on the program.

Quote from: DSX8-sama on July 24, 2013, 06:54:15 AM
well now im running into issue's with it... now the sounds wont even do anything.. :/

20.bnk - falcon
44.bnk - snake
223.bnk - character select screen calls/characall

i think it has to be filesize issue's..

note:
im using the file patch code 3.5.1 and the stage expansion pack 5.3 with tracklist modifier... idk if the stage expansion pack would cause issue's with this code tho ._.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


ok nvm... i got it working now! except i went over snakes sfx size limit.. freezes when clicking on him

It COULD be possible that the tracklist modifier may clash with the code. I recently discovered that Dant's old Alternate Stage Loader codes don't play nice with RSBE and will cause the game to freeze on the SSS. Turn off Tracklist modifier and try RSBE.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on July 24, 2013, 04:21:11 PM
It COULD be possible that the tracklist modifier may clash with the code. I recently discovered that Dant's old Alternate Stage Loader codes don't play nice with RSBE and will cause the game to freeze on the SSS. Turn off Tracklist modifier and try RSBE.

If this is true .. damn I Will preffer Dantarion“s alternate stage loader :(

If I know what memory addresses these codes use then I can probably modify RSBE's memory addresses so that it doesn't clash. That's not a guarantee, though.

Yeah, honestly, I have no idea where in memory those old codes used memory. Now that I know better, I could just use the stack, but I didn't know better back then :P

Has anyone got this working on Dolphin emulator? I can't seem to get it to work. The sfx file size is 600kb on Marth.

Quote from: jrush64 on July 24, 2013, 06:46:48 PM
Has anyone got this working on Dolphin emulator? I can't seem to get it to work. The sfx file size is 600kb on Marth.
I wrote this code in Dolphin so it should work fine. Remember to leave an empty line at the bottom of the .ini file after you add the code. Also remember to include the FPC as well.

I'm sorry but which .ini file? I use ocarina to enter the codes. I also have the FPC code

Quote from: DSX8-sama on July 24, 2013, 06:54:15 AM
well now im running into issue's with it... now the sounds wont even do anything.. :/

20.bnk - falcon
44.bnk - snake
223.bnk - character select screen calls/characall

i think it has to be filesize issue's..

note:
im using the file patch code 3.5.1 and the stage expansion pack 5.3 with tracklist modifier... idk if the stage expansion pack would cause issue's with this code tho ._.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


ok nvm... i got it working now! except i went over snakes sfx size limit.. freezes when clicking on him

you got it working using tracklist moddifier? D:

Quote from: Dantarion on July 24, 2013, 06:19:22 PM
Yeah, honestly, I have no idea where in memory those old codes used memory. Now that I know better, I could just use the stack, but I didn't know better back then :P

As far I remember your stage loader codes and youe custom song loader code cant be  used at the same time, because memory addresses, but I still preffer your stage loader code than RSBE or your custom song loader but, if there is a way to make those codes work together, that would be really, really good  :o

Quote from: jrush64 on July 24, 2013, 06:51:39 PM
I'm sorry but which .ini file? I use ocarina to enter the codes. I also have the FPC code
Dolphin has built-in Gecko code support so there's no need to use Ocarina or any homebrew application. Just make sure "enable cheats" is selected in the config. Then, open the ini file at: dolphin/User/GameConfig/RSBE01.ini

At the bottom of that file, add codes in this format:
$Code title
XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
XXXXXXXX YYYYYYYY
[empty space at bottom of file]

The "$" is important. Once you've added all your codes in this way, go back into Dolphin, right-click Brawl and select "Properties", and go to the Gecko Codes tab to select all your codes. Then, launch Brawl as normal and your codes will work.

how have I not noticed this? :o

awesome! ;D

Diddy Kong mentiond there's some SFX that glitch when replaced... >_>
is the engine still unfinished??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.