It's here. RSBE - Replacement SoundBank Engine "FPC 4.0" by InternetExplorer

Started by InternetExplorer, July 22, 2013, 08:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Sorry for inconveniencing those who previously used .bnk files, but at this point it's definitely best to simply get away from them as .sawnd is a better standard.

Does anyone know if this updated code works with the Alternate Stage Loader code, or does it still cause freezes?
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

Probably uses the same space of memory. I will revisit that code someday...soon :D

Quote from: Dantarion on October 25, 2013, 07:01:46 PM
Probably uses the same space of memory. I will revisit that code someday...soon :D
This is excite.
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:



Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on October 26, 2013, 02:51:26 AM
yes

How can I insert the sawnd file into the sfx folder for each individual announcer call when the group id is the same? Am I supposed to rename the wavs with the wave id #?

Quote from: Renova on October 26, 2013, 01:29:51 PM
How can I insert the sawnd file into the sfx folder for each individual announcer call when the group id is the same? Am I supposed to rename the wavs with the wave id #?
You can't do it individually. It's either the whole group or nothing at all.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


OK... so I'm having problems. My GCT is fine, ready to go. All that good stuff.

I've followed all the instructions perfectly, but NOTHING has changed. :C

As an example, I'm editing ID 220. When doing that...
FIRST there is "menu (F89EE)"
When that is expanded, there are three thing inside:
[1BB] RWSD [14B0D]
[1CF] RWSD [1A89E]
[1A2] RWSD [C9643]
I ONLY edited material in the last one.

Then, after inserting my custom sounds, I clicked on "menu  (F89EE)" again.
Then I clicked "Create Sawnd" and named the file 220.sawnd after the ID.

I take that file and placed in square in the SD:/private/[...]/pf/sfx folder.

...What could I possibly be doing wrong?

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

If it's exactly the same size that probably means nothing is actually changing.
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

When an altered category exceeds the "normal size", it turns red, right? Two of my altered categories have turned red, so I assume the file size has changed. (I assume the change in size is small enough to prevent freezing).

I've been asking around and somebody suggested I might be using a GCT that only works with .bnk files. But I have a feeling that's not the case... In fact, I don't even think such a GCT exists. (I'm on a computer that can't open GCTEdit for WHATEVER reason...) Using the "Melee Link Voice SFX v2.6b [Project Melee]" GCT. (He seems to know about Super Sawndz too, so I assume .sawnd files should work...)

If someone here has a PM 2.6b GCT with this code and only this code added to it, I'd GREATLY appreciate a link to it.

Otherwise, this is a link to my .brsar:
[Removed due to obselete .brsar]

I've only edited the announcer's voice (those are my sexy pipes you're hearing, lul). I've edited only the following for categories in the .brsar:
menu [F89EE]
melee [98E3C]
menu [31C50]
characall [DF130]

If ANYBODY can help me resolve this issue, I'll credit you in my Announcer hack. If you find Brawl's announcer as boring/annoying as I do, you might like to help me out, haha. Thanks in advance.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on October 29, 2013, 11:55:17 PM
When an altered category exceeds the "normal size", it turns red, right? Two of my altered categories have turned red, so I assume the file size has changed. (I assume the change in size is small enough to prevent freezing).

I've been asking around and somebody suggested I might be using a GCT that only works with .bnk files. But I have a feeling that's not the case... In fact, I don't even think such a GCT exists. (I'm on a computer that can't open GCTEdit for WHATEVER reason...) Using the "Melee Link Voice SFX v2.6b [Project Melee]" GCT. (He seems to know about Super Sawndz too, so I assume .sawnd files should work...)

If someone here has a PM 2.6b GCT with this code and only this code added to it, I'd GREATLY appreciate a link to it.

Otherwise, this is a link to my .brsar:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/cezdwmlmwmcrr/SFX_BRSAR

I've only edited the announcer's voice (those are my sexy pipes you're hearing, lul). I've edited only the following for categories in the .brsar:
menu [F89EE]
melee [98E3C]
menu [31C50]
characall [DF130]

If ANYBODY can help me resolve this issue, I'll credit you in my Announcer hack. If you find Brawl's announcer as boring/annoying as I do, you might like to help me out, haha. Thanks in advance.
Wow... that is literally the whole issue. I'm the one who made those sfx and I haven't (am in the process of doing so) updated everything to use only .sawnd files. I've also finished the Announcer sfx... which will be included in the Melee SFX download whenever I update it.

Tiiiiiime... none of it has been had recently in order to update things in a timely manner heheh
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

...Oh! Haha, I didn't even notice you were the author of that hack! That's awesome, I really love the Link hack... I'm considering using it. Thanks for confirming the issue.

- UPDATE -
I've fixed my GCT now, it's .sawnd compatible now.

...The trouble is, I only know the code worked because the game freezes at the strap screen!! So... obviously my file sizes were too big, right? Right.

So here's what I do: I go into Audacity and make the files Mono, because I didn't notice at first they were stereo. Now they're effectively half the size. But... when inserting these new files into Super Sawnds, the text underneath the "Play" button (which displays text when you "insert" a file) seems to say that the new file is "0 bits" different than the last file. Huh??? The new file is half the size! AND, when I hit "create Sawnd", the created file is THE EXACT SAME size as it was before, even though everything is mono!! And so, after ALL this hard work, I STILL get freezes!

And it gets even WORSE... .-.

So I inserted my files that DIDN'T exceed the limit... and most of the sound have this ridiculous BZZZZT sound in them, even though they sound fine in Super Sawndz!! WHYYYYYYY are these things happening ;_;

I should mention, all my audio files are set to 44100Hz, not 22050Hz as suggested. I'm doing this for two reasons: setting it to 22050Hz makes the file longer (wouldn't that mean the file's bigger?), and also distorts my file so that the audio is really slooooow and super looooow.

Would setting it to 22050Hz fix my buzzing problem, or even my file size problem, WITHOUT distorting the audio beyond recognition?

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

I play Project M, and as such dont have a sfx folder :\ How do I use the code if the GCT I have comes from the one the 2.6b build gives me? Can you edit a .gct file?