It's here. RSBE - Replacement SoundBank Engine "FPC 4.0" by InternetExplorer

Started by InternetExplorer, July 22, 2013, 08:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ZekiFoxx on May 28, 2014, 09:27:07 PM
I posted questions on smashboards, but it seems way more active over here so I'll give it a shot.

I have a .sawnd file already, so now what do I do?  I loaded everything up and my textures work, but the sound is unchanged.  I don't know if I need to change the smashbros_sound file at all or even include it on the SD card.  I also have RSBE01.gct in the codes folder, so what about the code for SoundBank?  Is it copied+pasted into the original, or a separate gct?  Thanks in advance guys.  I can't wait to get it working.
please make a folder in your pf folder called SFX,

thats where the sawnd file goes, NOW, to figure out what to name it, please load it into my BRTM copier and select "what do I name this" from the wrench menu, it will tell you what to name the file
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5916b7u6r586dzj/BRSTM+COPYER+3.4.exe

Quote from: Diddy Kong on May 28, 2014, 11:51:45 PM
please make a folder in your pf folder called SFX,

thats where the sawnd file goes, NOW, to figure out what to name it, please load it into my BRTM copier and select "what do I name this" from the wrench menu, it will tell you what to name the file
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h686myudvqywcng/BRSTM+COPYER+3.3.exe
Tried that myself with a Krystal voice mod a user name, had Peach's correct ID, placed it in the SFX folder. Nothing.

Quote from: the_randomizer on May 28, 2014, 11:55:11 PM
Tried that myself with a Krystal voice mod a user name, had Peach's correct ID, placed it in the SFX folder. Nothing.
what was its name?
keep in mind, group ID on filename is in DECIMAL

so example, announcer isnt DF.sawnd, its 223.sawnd

Quote from: Diddy Kong on May 28, 2014, 11:57:24 PM
what was its name?
keep in mind, group ID on filename is in DECIMAL

so example, announcer isnt DF.sawnd, its 223.sawnd

The ID is correct, again, another used made this, but doesn't even work. Heck, you can't even replace the soundbank (the method for Dolphin) with the files in the Krystal sawnd file, but here's the download link http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4claezw40x1lld/Krystal+Voice+Over+Peach.zip

You can also do the SD.raw method for Dolphin and every replacement works, except sound replacement.

Quote from: the_randomizer on May 29, 2014, 12:01:30 AM
The ID is correct, again, another used made this, but doesn't even work. Heck, you can't even replace the soundbank (the method for Dolphin) with the files in the Krystal sawnd file, but here's the download link http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4claezw40x1lld/Krystal+Voice+Over+Peach.zip

You can also do the SD.raw method for Dolphin and every replacement works, except sound replacement.
then make sure the FPC AND this RSBE code is in the same GCT and that an SDHC card isnt used unless the PM channel is used with it

Quote from: Diddy Kong on May 29, 2014, 12:05:37 AM
then make sure the FPC AND this RSBE code is in the same GCT and that an SDHC card isnt used unless the PM channel is used with it

It is, as I said, the Brawl EX Clone Engine worked in Dolphin, as did the BRSTM replacements and character mods, the only thing that didn't was the SAWND file, it refused to load. The whole process of replacing sounds is convoluted, if only there was a way to edit the sound bank itself using the created sawnd files (as in extracting individual samples).

Quote from: the_randomizer on May 29, 2014, 12:10:29 AM
It is, as I said, the Brawl EX Clone Engine worked in Dolphin, as did the BRSTM replacements and character mods, the only thing that didn't was the SAWND file, it refused to load. The whole process of replacing sounds is convoluted, if only there was a way to edit the sound bank itself using the created sawnd files (as in extracting individual samples).
something may not be loading ur rsbe code for sawnds
dolphin is very buggy at times at loading codes
sometimes u have to make extra codes and enable them and add an extra 000000000 00000000 at the end of the code
for some reason sometimes dolphin cuts the last line in code
so adding the 000000 000000  prevents any problems

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on May 29, 2014, 12:35:34 AM
something may not be loading ur rsbe code for sawnds
dolphin is very buggy at times at loading codes
sometimes u have to make extra codes and enable them and add an extra 000000000 00000000 at the end of the code
for some reason sometimes dolphin cuts the last line in code
so adding the 000000 000000  prevents any problems

Never tried that, intriguing. With that said, the other method would be edit and replace the samples in the sound bank (it's the file that's about 128 MB in size), as that's an alternate way, using a program called SawndBox, at least, I think. Nevertheless, I wish there was a way to permanently replace audio.  There's no way to extract individual samples form the sawnd into wav files is there. Now obviously, sawnd files contain all the voices for the character but couldn't the opposite be done and have them extracted? If that can be done, I can get Krystal voice samples to work without using the code.

OK, thanks Diddy.  I'm still unsure of the directory though, because I've seen pf/sound/sfx, pf/sfx, and pf/sound so far.

I also have two gct files, but it seems that Gecko is only reading RSBE01 (for textures).  Should I add the soundbank code there or will it mess it up?

I don't even know if just those steps alone are enough to get it working...

Quote from: ZekiFoxx on May 29, 2014, 02:57:20 AM
OK, thanks Diddy.  I'm still unsure of the directory though, because I've seen pf/sound/sfx, pf/sfx, and pf/sound so far.

I also have two gct files, but it seems that Gecko is only reading RSBE01 (for textures).  Should I add the soundbank code there or will it mess it up?

I don't even know if just those steps alone are enough to get it working...
thw TWO GCTs need to be merged

the correct directory is

PF/SFX

NOT sound/sfx

Quote from: the_randomizer on May 29, 2014, 01:08:22 AM
Never tried that, intriguing. With that said, the other method would be edit and replace the samples in the sound bank (it's the file that's about 128 MB in size), as that's an alternate way, using a program called SawndBox, at least, I think. Nevertheless, I wish there was a way to permanently replace audio.  There's no way to extract individual samples form the sawnd into wav files is there. Now obviously, sawnd files contain all the voices for the character but couldn't the opposite be done and have them extracted? If that can be done, I can get Krystal voice samples to work without using the code.
if you think about it, having a code to replace the sound bank on a wave per wave bais would mean over 7,000 waves with different confusing names and even more questions on what's what and it would still need a code, if you want this sawnd file issue to go away and edit individual wavs, use brawlbox, the BRSAR, and riivolution/inject the brsar into your USB loader game image  and BOOM, only one file to worry about, but of course, you would need to somehow have attack, release, volume, and loop data in your wav file in brawl's format if we went your way =P

OH MY GOSH, I ACTUALLY GOT IT TO WORK.  Thanks a lot Diddy, you've been a big help!

Quote from: Diddy Kong on May 29, 2014, 05:14:30 AM
thw TWO GCTs need to be merged

the correct directory is

PF/SFX

NOT sound/sfx
if you think about it, having a code to replace the sound bank on a wave per wave bais would mean over 7,000 waves with different confusing names and even more questions on what's what and it would still need a code, if you want this sawnd file issue to go away and edit individual wavs, use brawlbox, the BRSAR, and riivolution/inject the brsar into your USB loader game image  and BOOM, only one file to worry about, but of course, you would need to somehow have attack, release, volume, and loop data in your wav file in brawl's format if we went your way =P

Yeaaaah that's what I was afraid of, until there can be a less, how do I say, convoluted way to replacing sound on a temporary or permanent basis, I'm gonna have to give up on it in the mean time. It just sounds like a real pain in the arse to have to do, no matter what method I use. With that said, the sawnd file that the user created for my Krystal over Peach hack doesn't work, but other replaced files in the SD.raw + Dolphin method work fine, so the sawnd file is likely corrupted; I've been unable to contact the user who made it. I do know that the file is the correct ID and in the right folder.

But again, I doubt there will be an easier way to replace sound on the fly. I know it's possible to use the File Patch Code as it works fine in Dolphin using Gecko OS, the raw SD card and setting it to the default ISO. I don't have a regular Wii to test it on.

Quote from: the_randomizer on May 29, 2014, 06:39:34 AM
Yeaaaah that's what I was afraid of, until there can be a less, how do I say, convoluted way to replacing sound on a temporary or permanent basis, I'm gonna have to give up on it in the mean time. It just sounds like a real pain in the arse to have to do, no matter what method I use. With that said, the sawnd file that the user created for my Krystal over Peach hack doesn't work, but other replaced files in the SD.raw + Dolphin method work fine, so the sawnd file is likely corrupted; I've been unable to contact the user who made it. I do know that the file is the correct ID and in the right folder.

But again, I doubt there will be an easier way to replace sound on the fly. I know it's possible to use the File Patch Code as it works fine in Dolphin using Gecko OS, the raw SD card and setting it to the default ISO. I don't have a regular Wii to test it on.
then why did you rclaim sound like it was working on dolphin but not on the actual hardware?  keep in mind that silly 4+GB SD card of yours will NOT work on the original hardware

Quote from: Diddy Kong on May 29, 2014, 07:00:05 AM
then why did you rclaim sound like it was working on dolphin but not on the actual hardware?  keep in mind that silly 4+GB SD card of yours will NOT work on the original hardware

That's not what I meant at all. The replaced files for characters, music, yes, they worked, the sawnd file did NOT work no matter what method I used. So yes, character mods, Brawl EX Clone Engine, BRSTM hacks, all worked with the File Patch Code, the sawnd did not, it's corrupted and I've no way to contact the creator, he hasn't been active lately. The bloody  file is FUBAR, so I can't use it even if I wanted to ;D :P I'm just going to simply not even bother with it due to the frustration I get.

As for using it on a Wii, I can't since I no longer have one at my place, I have a Wii U, I could do it that way, but it takes longer to load up since I have to load Wii Mode. I never meant for me to sound like the sawnd file worked, because it doesn't

Quote from: the_randomizer on May 29, 2014, 07:04:09 AM
That's not what I meant at all. The replaced files for characters, music, yes, they worked, the sawnd file did NOT work no matter what method I used. So yes, character mods, Brawl EX Clone Engine, BRSTM hacks, all worked with the File Patch Code, the sawnd did not, it's corrupted and I've no way to contact the creator, he hasn't been active lately. The bloody  file is FUBAR, so I can't use it even if I wanted to ;D :P I'm just going to simply not even bother with it due to the frustration I get.

As for using it on a Wii, I can't since I no longer have one at my place, I have a Wii U, I could do it that way, but it takes longer to load up since I have to load Wii Mode. I never meant for me to sound like the sawnd file worked, because it doesn't
fubar?
if you check a file in hex edit there should be the text "RBNK" or "RSWND" somewhere (if its this, then its a valid file for brawl