Super Smash Bros. All Stars (Teaser: Lucas, Popo & Nana)

Started by Amarythe, July 26, 2013, 11:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Amarythe on March 12, 2014, 12:21:18 AM
Special - Magic ball, of course. 'Xcept if you charge the move, to make it that purple scatter shot magic ball he does.
Side Special - Aughanim thunder magic. Ever played A Link to the Past?
Up Special - Pretty simple Teleportation type move.
Down Special - That thunder-punch ground slam thing from Ocarina of Time.

Special and Down Special have the highest priority right now.

1. Easy. The second part will be slightly challenging, but otherwise it should be easy.
2. wat
3. I'm not sure how to make the character teleport diagonally, but I'm pretty sure I can do up, down, left, and right. I've always wanted to do a teleport move myself, just haven't got the time to do so yet.
4. Easy


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 12, 2014, 12:52:00 AM #571 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:01:24 AM by Lito
Quote from: Amarythe on March 11, 2014, 11:57:00 PM
Oh lookie here, Ganondorf got me king for a day.
Niiiiice, thank you thank you. This perfect.

Anything else you can do for this hack would be incredible. Some suggestions:
His new walk is fair, but also fairly shoddy
His Down Smash literally has no transition
His cape attacks (Jab, NAir) look fanatastic in BB, but OK in-game. You know how to manipulate cape physics?
His Run animation needs more definition. It's good, but bland.
I've got to give a biiiiiiiiiig fat no on his one. This decision is very easy to explain.
Ganondorf has "four" possible swords, actually.
1. Spaceworld Demo Sword
2. Wind Waker Sword(s)
3. Execution Sword
4. The Dark Master Sword

1. The Spaceworld demo isn't canon, and it's appearance in Melee is negated by the fact that that game also isn't canon. Sword 1 is out.

2. While the Wind Waker swords are in fact his, they are also relatively generic. AND, giving them to him would mean giving every slot on the moveset dual swords, with a dual sword moveset. That's not happenin'.

3. The execution sword from Twilight Princess literally isn't his, so I'm technically entertaining your complain by not including it. He stole it from the sages after escaping execution. It's also somewhat bland.

Spoiler my last point because there's some Skyward Sword end-game info in here.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

OBJECTION!
Ganondorf is not a reincarnation, he is a curse that Demise created.
Demise is still sealed in the master sword [citation needed], and is technically not Ganondorf.

Also sorry for sounding like a little *beep* but of all the swords you picked why pick the one that the character under the name of Ganondorf/Ganon never even touched.

Also: This is not a generic sword:

March 12, 2014, 02:15:04 AM #572 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:26:17 AM by Scout
There seems to be an impasse here:

On one side:
In the videogame universe, when you "obtain" something, its your right? Look at Link getting all of his valuable items left behind in dungeons... they not his but we still consider them his correct?

Same logic can be applied to Ganondorf, he "obtained" the Exe. Sword, therefore it his, and he uses it in a completely cannon game to fight Link.

Ganondorf has no generic swords. Only semi generic Sword play.

On the other hand:
The dark master sword is literally, the only sword he has that has dark energy on it, fits him so well for whatever PSA is planned, to make Ganon All Star material, he needs a sword that fits whatever magic attack he uses. Therefore, the Exe. Sword makes no sense in that case, its pure light not shadow.

It may not be his, but its on his bloodline, you see...
Skywards Sword Spoilers ahead:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Go ahead and argue against this...
I'm ready!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbv5AJDh9o8

Post Merge: March 12, 2014, 02:23:43 AM

He said his "incarnation"... but how did he did it being sealed off in the master sword?

COUNTER OBJECTION!
Ganondorf is not merely a curse, but the imbodiment of Demise' hatred. As a projection of his emotions he can be seen as a conscious dispensation of his being!

EXHIBIT A
"Though this is not the end. My hate...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again!"

The defense rests.

The only thing that isn't generic about the sword is the hilt, but I'll concede on that point. However, the fact remains that that sword goes with a set. Giving him one and not the other wouldn't make sense and more people would complain. I really wish I could give him every sword, but as far as I know that's not possible (and certainly beyond my skill level).

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

March 12, 2014, 02:39:33 AM #574 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:02:35 AM by Scout


I deny your Exhibit to be correct!

Quote from: Amarythe on March 12, 2014, 02:28:36 AM
"Though this is not the end. My hate...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again!"

Demise will rise again, but his hate never perishes, how would he delivers this since he is sealed off in the Master Sword in the first place? He need to be released first!
Hate=Sword!



Joking aside, the dark master sword is epic, leave it like that, it fits him so well.

How about...

Making a version for all the swords?

Geez...


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 12, 2014, 03:06:58 AM
How about...

Making a version for all the swords?

Geez...
I'm sure this wouldn't be hard but Amarythe has a lot of stuff to do so I don't suggest it.

As much as it disappoints me I have to deal with it.

Quote from: Lito on March 12, 2014, 04:03:39 AM
I'm sure this wouldn't be hard but Amarythe has a lot of stuff to do so I don't suggest it.

As much as it disappoints me I have to deal with it.

It's super easy.

Just change the damn model of the sword. Takes literally a few seconds.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Amarythe on March 11, 2014, 11:57:00 PM
Oh lookie here, Ganondorf got me king for a day.
Niiiiice, thank you thank you. This is perfect.

Anything else you can do for this hack would be incredible. Some suggestions:
His new walk is fair, but also fairly shoddy
His Down Smash literally has no transition
His cape attacks (Jab, NAir) look fanatastic in BB, but OK in-game. You know how to manipulate cape physics?
His Run animation needs more definition. It's good, but bland.

I'll see what I can do with these. It'll feel good to get that load off your shoulders right? I'll help ya.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Just a Mario Fan passing through an intense argument about Zelda. Reading you guys go back and forth was kinda interesting. Haha, but whatevs. If you think Ganondorf should use a different sword than the one Amarthye is giving him, then replace it yourself. I mean, come on, it can't be that hard. I've done it a few times myself with multiple FE characters.

I really want this Ganon...

I really hate Falcondorf. Like, a lot.

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on March 12, 2014, 01:47:43 PM
Just a Mario Fan passing through an intense argument about Zelda. Reading you guys go back and forth was kinda interesting. Haha, but whatevs. If you think Ganondorf should use a different sword than the one Amarthye is giving him, then replace it yourself. I mean, come on, it can't be that hard. I've done it a few times myself with multiple FE characters.
It's even easier with Ganon, since the sword is in the .pac file, or the motionetc... In any case, that's just something really quick.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Anyone want to give me a tutorial on how to do that? Cause I have NO idea how to work with psas and pacs

March 12, 2014, 11:27:09 PM #583 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:29:33 PM by Amarythe
Quote from: Scout on March 12, 2014, 02:39:33 AM


I deny your Exhibit to be correct!

Demise will rise again, but his hate never perishes, how would he delivers this since he is sealed off in the Master Sword in the first place? He need to be released first!
Hate=Sword!



Joking aside, the dark master sword is epic, leave it like that, it fits him so well.
I know you're playing devil's advocate since you want the sword, but...



His hate does not equal the sword! His hate = Ganondorf! The curse of Demise is the embodiment of the aforementioned! If the Sword = Hate and Hate = Ganondorf, that not only makes the Master Sword a curse (which is preposterous), but it also means Ganondorf kills himself at the end of every game!

ADDITIONALLY, Demise NEVER rises again (so far as we know), making your point moot!

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 12, 2014, 03:06:58 AM
Making a version for all the swords?
No. Because,
Quote from: Lito on March 12, 2014, 04:03:39 AM
Amarythe has a lot of stuff to do
And
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on March 12, 2014, 01:47:43 PM
then replace it yourself.

The hack set I'm planning won't be subject to different versions. I simply have too much on my plate to accommodate the little nit-picks involved with the project. I'm always open to suggestions, but the hackset has an extremely strict changelist that will not be subject to alternate versions (including the former Captain Falcon, which currently has two versions).

Until we can add slot specific sword mods to the character, this won't happen. Hell, if it ever becomes possible, I'd even give Wind Waker Ganondorf his own unique sword style.

This is a massive project with almost no crew members (props to Heavy, Scout, and Bronze) and an irrationally long changelist. The finished product may never see a release, meaning I have to prioritize everything I do down to the last detail. That includes accommodations as relatively fast and easy as a sword swap, something any schmuck with Brawl Box and the BV search bar can figure out.

Just open the FitGanon.pac file with your personal sword.
Right Click - Export the object for it.
Go to the SSBAS file.
Right Click - Import.
BAM

Quote from: HeavyD88 on March 12, 2014, 04:37:30 AM
I'll see what I can do with these. It'll feel good to get that load off your shoulders right? I'll help ya.
Sounds awesome! Take your time, I may be moving on from Ganondorf soon, if not now.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on March 12, 2014, 11:27:09 PM
I simply have too much on my plate to accommodate the little nit-picks involved with the project.

I'm not taking a side (I have my own plans for my Ganon slot), but this makes no sense.

The swap literally takes a few seconds to do for the sword. I know you're not going to do it, and I know you say that you have a lot on your plate. But is 8 seconds (excluding the time to find the models, which honestly shouldn't take long) to change the sword really going to take that much time out of your hacking?

If this was something like rigging the whole model over again (which I have to deal with), I'd understand. But this is model swaps.

All you gotta do to make everyone happy is just include like 4 swords which off the top of my head, I think they're the Dark Master Sword, Sage Sword, the one he had in SSBM for his victory, and the WW sword (although you could argue that the WW sword wouldn't fit the model and the style at all, which I would agree with. Clashes too hard).


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.