Super Smash Bros. All Stars (Teaser: Lucas, Popo & Nana)

Started by Amarythe, July 26, 2013, 11:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Amarythe on June 15, 2014, 04:06:40 AM
Ike's Side B is planned to have to attack options, and the charge will be eliminated.

If you execute the attack and press no buttons, Ike will do his normal critical animation.
If you do the attack and press B again during it, you'll do the handstand attack you were talking about.
Awesome. Thanks for being a nerd. Sounds juicy.

Are you going to do a True Zelda since Hyrule Warriors showed of a few new moves?

Quote from: LC-DDM on June 17, 2014, 02:20:28 PM
Except everything that runs on Project M can also run on vBrawl, WHOOPS.
That's true, it just feels a little out of place. Plus there may be some unintended glitches I have no interest in troubleshooting.

Quote from: Linnc on June 19, 2014, 08:48:11 PM
Are you going to do a True Zelda since Hyrule Warriors showed of a few new moves?
Hyrule Warriors isn't canon; I don't plan on using non-canon material.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles


June 25, 2014, 02:15:15 AM #739 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:21:09 AM by Master-GM
Couple questions. Is this based off Project M? Are you taking fighter requests? Also, can I playtest? I reported over 20 bugs in the 2 weeks I tested Project M: Unbound.
Dust for SSB4!

Project M Mains: Mario, Diddy Kong, Pit and Roy.

Not many people do.

And he's one of the people that doesn't.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: sum182blink41 on June 24, 2014, 07:38:01 PM
Can we add links to each PSA in the OP?
This'll be done progressively as I add each character to the project. I'm not going to advertise my old work on the thread for now, just PM 3.0 stuff I release from now on.

Quote from: Master-GM on June 25, 2014, 02:15:15 AM
Couple questions. Is this based off Project M? Are you taking fighter requests? Also, can I playtest? I reported over 20 bugs in the 2 weeks I tested Project M: Unbound.
Hyup, this uses PM as a base.

I'm afraid I don't take fighter requests; the final roster is basically decided. However, if you have suggestions for confirmed characters, that's fair game: I'll consider any suggestion.
If you wanna toss some character names out there, I wouldn't mind tho.

As for playtesting, I can definitely hook you up on that eventually. Once I pick up the pace I'll send you some betas.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

June 25, 2014, 09:36:32 PM #742 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:09:57 PM by Master-GM
Quote from: Amarythe on June 25, 2014, 02:24:03 PM
This'll be done progressively as I add each character to the project. I'm not going to advertise my old work on the thread for now, just PM 3.0 stuff I release from now on.
Hyup, this uses PM as a base.

I'm afraid I don't take fighter requests; the final roster is basically decided. However, if you have suggestions for confirmed characters, that's fair game: I'll consider any suggestion.
If you wanna toss some character names out there, I wouldn't mind tho.

As for playtesting, I can definitely hook you up on that eventually. Once I pick up the pace I'll send you some betas.
Quote from: Amarythe on June 25, 2014, 02:24:03 PM
This'll be done progressively as I add each character to the project. I'm not going to advertise my old work on the thread for now, just PM 3.0 stuff I release from now on.
Hyup, this uses PM as a base.

I'm afraid I don't take fighter requests; the final roster is basically decided. However, if you have suggestions for confirmed characters, that's fair game: I'll consider any suggestion.
If you wanna toss some character names out there, I wouldn't mind tho.

As for playtesting, I can definitely hook you up on that eventually. Once I pick up the pace I'll send you some betas.

Sweet! Thanks man!

Characters that I think would rock! Magnus, Megaman X, Zero, Issac, Midna, Koopa, (Sakurai's Cat.) Shadow, Tails, Cloud and my favorite gaming character...... Dust! from Dust: An Elysian Tail! :D

Post Merge: June 25, 2014, 10:09:57 PM

Dude, Could you give Pit a more "Uprising" styled moveset? Also, make Sonic more of an aerial character, like he is in his games?
Dust for SSB4!

Project M Mains: Mario, Diddy Kong, Pit and Roy.

Is there a master list of all the 'true' character PSAs that you guys have released? And also what do the percentages beside each one's name mean?

Quote from: sum182blink41 on June 25, 2014, 10:10:14 PM
what do the percentages beside each one's name mean?

How much progress has been made on the fighter.
Dust for SSB4!

Project M Mains: Mario, Diddy Kong, Pit and Roy.

Hey Amarythe. Sorry about not getting those Ike animations done yet, or the Ganondorf ones for that matter. Kinda been busy with other things lately. I'll try and work on some of them when I get some time.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nao-chan on June 26, 2014, 02:24:40 PM
Hey Amarythe. Sorry about not getting those Ike animations done yet, or the Ganondorf ones for that matter. Kinda been busy with other things lately. I'll try and work on some of them when I get some time.
Think nothing of it. I should be the one apologizing; I haven't released anything new to this project in weeks. Life got real hectic, I had to move suddenly and whatnot. I'm trying to settle back into this project.

Quote from: sum182blink41 on June 25, 2014, 10:10:14 PM
Is there a master list of all the 'true' character PSAs that you guys have released?
Wel, if you click on my name and then search through my vault you'll find every True PSA I've released. The ones that work are Ganondorf, Link, Toon Link, Ike, Meta Knight, and Charizard. If you want the Bowser one, you have to click the video in the description and find the link in the comments section.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

No need to apologize for life man, it's all good. *realizes should take own advice*

Anyway, good luck with getting back into the swing of things. I know how that feels.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Amarythe on June 28, 2014, 07:48:09 PM
Think nothing of it. I should be the one apologizing; I haven't released anything new to this project in weeks. Life got real hectic, I had to move suddenly and whatnot. I'm trying to settle back into this project.
Wel, if you click on my name and then search through my vault you'll find every True PSA I've released. The ones that work are Ganondorf, Link, Toon Link, Ike, Meta Knight, and Charizard. If you want the Bowser one, you have to click the video in the description and find the link in the comments section.

Seriously!? Don't apologize for having a life. You're all good! :D

On topic. Could you add this character? (I know you don't take requests.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg81GcutanQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNP31Z-wu9U
Dust for SSB4!

Project M Mains: Mario, Diddy Kong, Pit and Roy.

Ah; sorry, I never really addressed your post.

Quote from: Master-GM on June 25, 2014, 09:36:32 PM
Characters that I think would rock! Magnus, Megaman X, Zero, Issac, Midna, Koopa, (Sakurai's Cat.) Shadow, Tails, Cloud and my favorite gaming character...... Dust! from Dust: An Elysian Tail! :D

Isaac is already confirmed for the roster. His model is available and his character has a BrawlEX .rel, so he's top priority. There's no way I'd leave him out.
As for Magnus, that's an interesting suggestion; Since I don't own a 3DS, I forgot about him. He could very well make the cut, but it's irrelevant because there's no model for him available yet.

As for the rest of your suggestions...

I'll start with the third party characters. I'm sure you missed it, but a page or two back I mentioned that the project will have very limited support for third party characters, if any. It seems likely, but just keep that in mind. Also, I explained that each third party franchise would be limited to one representative, without exception. That would mean Shadow, Tails and Zero are out of the question. Shadow especially. And, since I'd be choosing the main character each third party franchise, classic Mega Man would make the cut; not Mega Man X.

And I hate to disappoint you, but you brought up two "fourth party" characters; Cloud and Dust. I am to understand that both of these characters have never made a canon appearance on a single Nintendo platform. This project is strictly Nintendo based (which is why even third party characters have limited priority). For that reason, I simply can't add these characters. I mean, I wanna play Goku in Smash as much as the next guy, but it's not a realistic choice for the game, and I want this project to be believable.
In any case; I've never played Dust. The point of the project is to make as accurate a PSA as possible; I can't do that if I know nothing about the game! Haha, asking me to do it would be a bad choice. ;)

There's no model for Sakurai's Cat, so it's out of my hands.

As for Midna and Koopa... They're just too low key. Koopa especially. He isn't a major villain, or a major character for that matter. He's never playable, never starred in his own game, never was the main antagonist, etc.; those are the main determining factors when it comes to selecting the roster.
Midna's a little more tricky; she's still a major character, but at the end of the day she's just a sidekick. The Zelda Franchise already has a great deal of representatives lined up, so I cant messed around with her. Plus, thinking of a standalone moveset for a flying imp would be strange.

Now, supposing I did include Midna:
I'd include it as an added feature to Wolf Link.
...So then I'd have to make a Wolf Link, which you'd somehow be able to toggle Link into.
...Which isn't canon for ever Link costume, so I'd have to make it a one slot thing.
Long story short, ideally, I'd love to include it, but unless I get a reliable team established, it's not possible.

But as always, thanks for the suggestions! Anything to get me thinking up new material is welcome, haha.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles