Super Smash Bros. All Stars (Teaser: Lucas, Popo & Nana)

Started by Amarythe, July 26, 2013, 11:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Amarythe on August 03, 2013, 11:44:41 PM
That's so strange... damn, I wish my SD card was working. I've NEVER had any problem whatsoever with the Pegasus Boots. I've already heard two accounts of this move glitching; Can someone please confirm for me that the move IS working properly? It seems to be working for some and not for others which... kind of defies explanation... you'd think it would be one or the other.

You actually can recover when using Toon Link's FAir offstage... but it's a lot harder than with Link, I understand. A part of it is the fact that Project M made Toon Link way heavier which... I don't understand since they were trying to emulate Melee's Young Link... regardless, your qualms are legitimate and I'm hoping to fix this up for the next release.

Cutting off a bunch of frames from the move's end lag should help out, in addition to some gravity adjustments and possibly an earlier "allow interrupt" subaction command (which you suggested). I hate to make the animation shorter, because in comparison to Link it ALREADY ends much sooner than Link's (believe it or not) and that contrasts with the way it works in the games. However, I understand that staying faithful to the games shouldn't necessarily take precedence over practicality.

OH, and another thing. By the time Toon Link gets the Hookshot, this actually won't be a problem. You see, at that point his recovery will be muuuuuch better. In the meantime though, I'm going to give his Up B a boost (which is RIDICULOUS because, again, Project M made his recovery terrible despite trying to copy Young Link, who had way better recovery than Link if I recall).

But one thing's for sure, I'm glad someone came forward and said that they think Link's (normal, not Toon) FAir is a good move, because personally I've found it rather tough to use. I think I've just been having bad luck though; from a theoretical perspective, the move sounds really nice.
I'll try to see tomorrow or monday for the "glitchy" move... I didn't turn on my wii for a while, now... Do you me to PM you the result or just post it here?
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Amarythe on August 03, 2013, 11:44:41 PM
That's so strange... damn, I wish my SD card was working. I've NEVER had any problem whatsoever with the Pegasus Boots. I've already heard two accounts of this move glitching; Can someone please confirm for me that the move IS working properly? It seems to be working for some and not for others which... kind of defies explanation... you'd think it would be one or the other.

You actually can recover when using Toon Link's FAir offstage... but it's a lot harder than with Link, I understand. A part of it is the fact that Project M made Toon Link way heavier which... I don't understand since they were trying to emulate Melee's Young Link... regardless, your qualms are legitimate and I'm hoping to fix this up for the next release.

Cutting off a bunch of frames from the move's end lag should help out, in addition to some gravity adjustments and possibly an earlier "allow interrupt" subaction command (which you suggested). I hate to make the animation shorter, because in comparison to Link it ALREADY ends much sooner than Link's (believe it or not) and that contrasts with the way it works in the games. However, I understand that staying faithful to the games shouldn't necessarily take precedence over practicality.

OH, and another thing. By the time Toon Link gets the Hookshot, this actually won't be a problem. You see, at that point his recovery will be muuuuuch better. In the meantime though, I'm going to give his Up B a boost (which is RIDICULOUS because, again, Project M made his recovery terrible despite trying to copy Young Link, who had way better recovery than Link if I recall).

But one thing's for sure, I'm glad someone came forward and said that they think Link's (normal, not Toon) FAir is a good move, because personally I've found it rather tough to use. I think I've just been having bad luck though; from a theoretical perspective, the move sounds really nice.
I was surprised when I found out how much the speed increase and the lack of forward momentum helped Fair honestly. It had seemed so useless before that I kinda thought it was doomed, but now I'm landing it a ton. Buffed recovery sounds great- I actually assumed tether only recovery would mean it would be a lot worse. Good to know you're cognizant of his recovery flaws.
If you're just going to replace it later, I wouldn't bother taking the time to fiddle with ^B. It'll just delay the final fix more. The demo doesn't have to be perfect just as long as the final product is good.

The Dash Attack works for me. Like you said, doing ANY action cancels it out (which actually makes for a good fake out into a different attack). And again, trying to make it longer changes nothing. xD

Quote from: Akeno-sempai on August 04, 2013, 01:37:37 AM
I'll try to see tomorrow or monday for the "glitchy" move... I didn't turn on my wii for a while, now... Do you me to PM you the result or just post it here?
Just post it here, please. I like keeping the thread bumped, haha. That, and there's no reason to keep this stuff private: the more people who see a specific complaint, the more commentary I get on it. The more commentary I get, the more I understand about what I need to change.

Quote from: This Is A Username on August 04, 2013, 02:16:09 AM
I was surprised when I found out how much the speed increase and the lack of forward momentum helped Fair honestly. It had seemed so useless before that I kinda thought it was doomed, but now I'm landing it a ton. Buffed recovery sounds great- I actually assumed tether only recovery would mean it would be a lot worse. Good to know you're cognizant of his recovery flaws.
If you're just going to replace it later, I wouldn't bother taking the time to fiddle with ^B. It'll just delay the final fix more. The demo doesn't have to be perfect just as long as the final product is good.
Honestly, I felt the same way; that the move was doomed, lol. But the buffs I gave it really helped, ha! I didn't even take that many frames off of the beginning lag; honestly, speed is DEFINITELY the most important/sensitive attribute when it comes to attacks. I would even argue it's more important than Priority, which many top-level Smashers consider the most important attribute.
And don't worry: the Up B fix really won't be that hard to implement. The Hookshot feature will be, as one of the hardest things to program (currently tethering isn't supported very well by PSA), one of the last things I add to this True hack. Therefore, the sooner I fix the recovery problems, the more people will enjoy the demos until the real deal is released. I don't want people to disregard this hack on account of problems encountered in the early releases.

Quote from: Green Mii on August 04, 2013, 03:46:02 AM
The Dash Attack works for me. Like you said, doing ANY action cancels it out (which actually makes for a good fake out into a different attack). And again, trying to make it longer changes nothing. xD
Nice. That's at least somewhat reassuring. Thanks a ton for the input, Green Mii.

But... trying to make it longer changes nothing? What do you mean? Have you edited the animation in Brawl Box to try and make it longer? o_o Honestly, I'm like... 99% confident that making the animation longer will work. I really don't understand why it wouldn't.



OH, and some additional news! A certain member on the site named bronzegreekgod has edited my Meta Knight PSA so that that GFX effect works properly... it looks ABSOLUTELY beautiful! I'm proud to say Meta Knight will see some VERY nice features in the near future!! Look forward to it!

In the mean time, I'm eager to release my True Mario hack, which is in progress. I've been running into some unexpected trouble, but don't worry; it's nothing too out of hand. You'll see all this content soon enough.

...As soon as I get a new SD card, in any case. :C

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on August 04, 2013, 04:18:28 AM
Nice. That's at least somewhat reassuring. Thanks a ton for the input, Green Mii.

But... trying to make it longer changes nothing? What do you mean? Have you edited the animation in Brawl Box to try and make it longer? o_o Honestly, I'm like... 99% confident that making the animation longer will work. I really don't understand why it wouldn't.
You're welcome! And, at first, I tried changing the PSA to loop the animation infinitely, but nothing changed. But then I tried changing the frame count on the animation in BrawlBox, but it kept freezing (I tried to change it to 3 seconds, lol). So I tried setting the Loop to true instead of false, but again, nothing. So then I thought, maybe if I tried changing it to 1 second? It worked, and now he keeps going, but the loop is set to false, so I have no idea what the heck happened. But hey, it works now! Only problem is that he keeps slashing every second, and every time he slashes, he goes faster and faster. :/

I put the quotes in spoilers... Unless you really wanna read a giant wall, skip this...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Amarythe, I found the problem they all encountered... The Pegasus Boots attack can be cancelled with EVERY MOVES, that includes WALK/RUN ANIMATIONS. THat's why a lot of people have encoutered issues with this move... What I can suggest is :
1 - Use a "Allow Specific Interrupt" and allow only A moves and B moves to cancel it
2 - Put the Allow interrupt after the Dash and a few damages...
3 - If you want me to do it, no problem...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.


Quote from: Akeno-sempai on August 05, 2013, 11:12:46 PM
Amarythe, I found the problem they all encountered... The Pegasus Boots attack can be cancelled with EVERY MOVES, that includes WALK/RUN ANIMATIONS. THat's why a lot of people have encoutered issues with this move... What I can suggest is :
1 - Use a "Allow Specific Interrupt" and allow only A moves and B moves to cancel it
2 - Put the Allow interrupt after the Dash and a few damages...
3 - If you want me to do it, no problem...
Yeah yeah, your first suggestion was the one I was gonna implement. I originally chose the "Allow Interrupt" over the "Specific Interrupt" as a sort of reference to how the Pegasus Boots worked in ALttP, but it seems with all the problems people have encountered I have to choose practicality over faithfulness.

Quote from: SnatoWhato on August 06, 2013, 03:59:07 PM
Tried out the True Toon Link today. I like it alot.
Oooooh, video! Nice, thanks for that; I have no way to record my Brawl, so this is good.

Oh, and may I ask... could you put "Credit to Amarythe for the PSA" or something like that in the video description? I hope I don't sound nitpicky, ha.

...Damn, I've never seen that Ridley stage hack! What does it go over?

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

August 07, 2013, 01:42:06 AM #98 Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:35:36 AM by SnatoWhato
Quote from: Amarythe on August 06, 2013, 11:53:27 PM

Oooooh, video! Nice, thanks for that; I have no way to record my Brawl, so this is good.

Oh, and may I ask... could you put "Credit to Amarythe for the PSA" or something like that in the video description? I hope I don't sound nitpicky, ha.

...Damn, I've never seen that Ridley stage hack! What does it go over?

Of course, I understand you'd want your name there. lol I'll update the description in a little bit.

As for the Ridley stage.. it goes over Brinstar.. but when I checked the vault, it wasn't there. I'm not sure if the guy removed it or what. But I found it on a forum in Smashboards, and the guy should still have the files available. It's in this thread here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/updated-my-project-m-v2-5b-build-with-optional-character-textures.332087/

It may be a pretty big file but I took the stages I thought were real cool and deleted the rest. :)


Post Merge: August 07, 2013, 04:34:38 AM

I ended up making a new video because I could do alot better now that you guys taught me how to use the Pegasus Boots. Sorry if it feels redundant. lol Hope you guys like it.

Amarythe's True Toon Link V1 PSA

Heya, I wanted to talk about Ness and Lucas if you don't mind.

Ness: I'm going to say to keep his bat and yo-yo because those were his main weapons, however Ness could also equip a slingshot, maybe make it his new side special?
I'd say make Ness' up-B Teleport but I'm not entirely sure how that would work...
Another up special could be PK Lifeup where he propels himself very slightly upward while healing himself a bit. Down special could be PK Shield alpha and he places a small shield around him similar to PSI Magnet except it blocks physical attacks seeing as Ness can't learn PSI Magnet. Maybe you can make his normal attacks also have him hit with his bat somehow, mess around with the animations? Another good move is PSI Rockin, Ness' main offensive move in the Earthbound games.

As for Lucas
Lucas can also use a yo-yo but his most famous one is the "Spiky Weapon". He also uses sticks instead of bats (although he can equip a bat). I say keep Project M's offense up since it's an attack he can actually learn. Lucas also has many counter, shield, and power up moves with a little bit of healing. He can also learn PK Flash and PK Love. The snake can stay because it's an item that can be given physically to anyone, the PSI teachings feels a little off to me but if you guys wanna give them their SSB moves, be my guest. Because it still makes a lot of sense. It's also be cool if Lucas' final smash would be pulling the needle and making the map shake violently while everyone gets grounded allowing Lucas to finish them off.

Whew, that was a lot. Loving the work guys, keep it up!

Dude...  I'm really liking what you did with Toon Link. He's cool.

I'm thinking about using it as a base for my Wind Waker style TL. But since my old computer died, I have to start over. But Nicely done with TL. WW TL is gonna have Skull Hammer, and Iron Boots and an extra Wind Waker to mess with. If you're interested in helping, let me know.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
Heya, I wanted to talk about Ness and Lucas if you don't mind.
I wanna talk about them too, the Earthbound series is terribly misrepresented in Smash and the changes I have for them are going to be really exciting; Mother fans will be pleased.

Don't be hesitant about tossing out any suggestions you have! Even though I'm extremely strict about what will make it in, commentary is always welcome and greatly appreciated. I may have TONS of ideas, but here and there I get suggestions that make a LOT of sense.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
Ness: I'm going to say to keep his bat and yo-yo because those were his main weapons,
Of course. In fact, one of the highlights of the True Earthbound characters is that they will be featured with their bats/sticks ALWAYS equipped, and their entire moveset will SOLELY utilize their weaponry, instead of PSI like in Smash (excluding the specials of course, which will all be PSI based).

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
however Ness could also equip a slingshot, maybe make it his new side special?
Oooooh... OOOOOH I totally forgot about his Slingshot! Thanks a ton for the suggestion. However, all of Ness's Specials have been determined, and they are all PSI based. BUT the good news is, I can make his Slingshot his new Up Smash (what about his old Up Smash, you might ask? Perfect for a new UAir).

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
I'd say make Ness' up-B Teleport but I'm not entirely sure how that would work...
Way ahead of you. Although, like you said, it sounds hard to do.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
Another up special could be PK Lifeup where he propels himself very slightly upward while healing himself a bit.
LifeUp will be a taunt, not a special. A very slow, very weak-healing taunt similar to Project M Toon Link's Lon Lon Milk.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
Down special could be PK Shield alpha and he places a small shield around him similar to PSI Magnet except it blocks physical attacks seeing as Ness can't learn PSI Magnet.
Down Special will be PSI Flash. It will have a random stun, dizzy, or Luigi Final Smash effect (to emulate Earthbound's "Confusion", provided this is possible). It will also have an extremely negligible chance of K.O.ing the opponent instantly, lololololollolololololllololooool

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
Maybe you can make his normal attacks also have him hit with his bat somehow, mess around with the animations?
Very easy to do, and already stated.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
Another good move is PSI Rockin, Ness' main offensive move in the Earthbound games.
Waaaaay ahead of you. Neutral Special.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
As for Lucas
Lucas can also use a yo-yo but his most famous one is the "Spiky Weapon". He also uses sticks instead of bats (although he can equip a bat).
Does Lucas ever use a Yo-Yo? I've played Mother 3, but I can't remember and I don't recall it. Again, his ultimate weapon will be featured.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
I say keep Project M's offense up since it's an attack he can actually learn.
I'm afraid this will be kicked in favor of PK Love. I appreciate what Project M was going for but I don't exactly like PSI Offense.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
Lucas also has many counter, shield, and power up moves with a little bit of healing.
PSI Counter will be Lucas's Down B. Get hyped, this move will be awesome.
Also, LifeUp will again be a Taunt.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
He can also learn PK Flash
Forward B, same properties as Ness.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
and PK Love.
Neutral B.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
The snake can stay because it's an item that can be given physically to anyone,
Will probably be his new Up B, because PSI Thunder makes absolutely no sense and... I have no idea what else to do for Lucas's recovery.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
the PSI teachings feels a little off to me but if you guys wanna give them their SSB moves, be my guest. Because it still makes a lot of sense.
Actually, the PSI teachings aspect of SSB really DOESN'T make sense, and that's why the focus of the Earthbound True hacks will center around giving them their actual abilities. I thought it was lame that the other party members supposedly "taught" Ness and Lucas these attacks just for Smash Bros.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
It's also be cool if Lucas' final smash would be pulling the needle and making the map shake violently while everyone gets grounded allowing Lucas to finish them off.
Final Smashes will not be supported. At least till the final updates, and even than I really don't plan on it. I don't play with items on at all.

Quote from: Lito on August 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
Whew, that was a lot. Loving the work guys, keep it up!
Thanks! And I wanna make it clear, it's actually just me doing this, there's no team behind this project! There are, of course, minor additions and tweaks and such contributed by other members here and there, and they are being credited accordingly. But most of what you see in these hacks are my own ideas, and my own work.

Quote from: Kagemaru on August 08, 2013, 10:16:05 PM
Dude...  I'm really liking what you did with Toon Link. He's cool.
Ferk yeah, thanks man.

Quote from: Kagemaru on August 08, 2013, 10:16:05 PM
I'm thinking about using it as a base for my Wind Waker style TL. But since my old computer died, I have to start over. But Nicely done with TL. WW TL is gonna have Skull Hammer, and Iron Boots and an extra Wind Waker to mess with. If you're interested in helping, let me know.
Go ahead, just credit me for what I did. I would suggest you change the Pegasus Dash to Toon Link's roll, haha. That was my original plan but it was booted in favor of an attack from his 2D appearances. A cooler attack, might I add.

I'd love to help, but I'm REALLY stacked with a lot of other things to do both in terms of hacks and real life. The plans I've laid out for the true project are really intense and I'm just one guy, so I'm afraid my hack-related focus will be on my own project. I hate to be a downer.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Yes, Lucas can equip a yo-yo. His best is "Spiky Weapon"


Also, Kumatora was taught P.K. Starstorm which means that other characters can indeed teach PSI techniques to others.

Anyways, I like all of the stuff you just mentioned. Would you mind if I talk about more characters too? I like to dabble in movesets and such.

I suppose so, yeah. But teaching Lucas PK Freeze isn't canon, haha.

And go ahead,

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

I just wanna know what you have in store for Mario, Luigi, Dedede, and the Star Fox characters.

I hope you'll give our plumbers a little bit of hammer time.