Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can excessive codes/SD card files create controller input lag?  (Read 874 times)
Xpwnage123
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »

Hi everyone. Lately I've been running a somewhat large amount of codes on my brawl game, as well as a lot of textures and music replacements. Has this been known to cause controller lag? Lately, I feel like the game has been much less precise in picking up on my controller inputs. I've been using the controller input lag code, but it hasn't seemed to make any difference.

If anyone could provide me with a solution, that would be great. Thank you.

Bryanluke56
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:44:53 AM »

Some textures can cause this. As well as music replacements as well.

Some of the textures in the vault even state that using the character + another hacked character can cause lag, Or that having multiples in excess of 2+ can do it as well.

What I might do (if I were you, not giving you instructions to fix it because there really IS no fix) Is to either cut down the size of the codes so that the wii has less to fumble through while you're playing, or try checking specific matchups.

While you're playing, do you find that X link costume causes lag with Y Olimar? If so, then it could be the textures, and the only fix for that is either scale back the number of textured characters on the screen at once, or that are on the wii entirely :O

Xpwnage123
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:11:59 AM »

If I were to have a disc-based version of the hacks, would this eliminate lag? If so, how exactly would I go about doing file replacement for discs?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: