Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 142746 times)
Don Jon Bravo
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: October 27, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »

*downloads

Gotta say, that Bowser FS getting help from Kamek is epic as hell
    I cant imagine how that final Smash would look like if you were using Godzilla instead of Bowser Happy Face

About some of these mods being overpowered, it would make perfect sense into somehow incorporating them to a unique Boss mode gameplay.  Nano once wanted to replace all Boss characters with model imports if i remember, PSA for Bosses?

also
    looks like the Dry Bones model has some shading issues(particularly on the face), i thought it was updated<.<
    « Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:23:34 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

Renova

Extreme Kitten

There's one thing a saiyan always keeps..HIS PRIDE

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: October 28, 2013, 07:12:12 AM »

First of all...

Well done. This PSA plays so well I'm leaving Dry Bones a place on my roster permanently.

While I do disagree with some of the knockback values, thats simply something I can change in PSA myself so its no big deal.

There's way to many things I love about this psa.
    The alternate attacks keep me returning to the thread asking myself, "WTF was that?!? Was that supposed to happen? That was awesome!"

The animations are well done and the taunts are so fitting.

I do experience some gfx glitches upon using Side Special and the Special N "Bone" has randomly gone invisible in battle, but I'm assuming thats because I have the character rel ported.

Not being able to use UP Special repeatedly while grounded is an annoying glitch seeing as how thats a very good move, but I'll live without it.

Can you provide a sawnd file in the download instead of the bnk?

The bnk method is no longer the standard lol.

Again, well done.
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:29:40 AM by Renova » Logged

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: October 28, 2013, 07:59:25 AM »

Very nice PSA. I have a question for you though.

I'm trying to port your dry bones over game and watch using the perfect rel plug & play thing (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=53347.0). All the moves are working, but when I use side B, some extra texture appears all over the stage, moving with me for as long as I'm in the shell. I'm assuming I have to change something inside the rel file, but I'm extremely new to this. You wouldn't happen to know how to fix it, would you?

Also, any chance the recolors for luigi will work on this (doubtful?)
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:12:01 AM by Cambriel » Logged

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
    In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: October 28, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »

When I said "Projects like this", I mean if you had other PSAs projects... And it seems you have some...
    Koopa PSA with both Koopa sounds interesting, though Hammer Bros would be more interesting since they actually "fight".

Sorry by ignoring your post, I saw but forgot it  Tongue
    On that point hammer bros are more interesting I agree, but I also like the character of Koopa Troopa more than hammer bros, so it's unlikely I will do something with them.

*downloads

Gotta say, that Bowser FS getting help from Kamek is epic as hell
    I cant imagine how that final Smash would look like if you were using Godzilla instead of Bowser Happy Face

About some of these mods being overpowered, it would make perfect sense into somehow incorporating them to a unique Boss mode gameplay.  Nano once wanted to replace all Boss characters with model imports if i remember, PSA for Bosses?

also
    looks like the Dry Bones model has some shading issues(particularly on the face), i thought it was updated<.<

Thanks for appreciating the fs.  Smiley  I think that's also one of the most fitting smashes I made, though there are more rocks falling there than what you can see on the video, thanks to the small stage.
    As for bosses psas, the final smashes are overpowered on the video because I wasn't in the mood to adjust them all to make the video. They would be released in a much weaker and much more balanced state.
    And yeah, Dry's jaw gets weird on some stages. It's possible I used an old model so you can blame me for not picking the newer one, if it changes anything.

First of all...

Well done. This PSA plays so well I'm leaving Dry Bones a place on my roster permanently.

While I do disagree with some of the knockback values, thats simply something I can change in PSA myself so its no big deal.

There's way to many things I love about this psa.
    The alternate attacks keep me returning to the thread asking myself, "WTF was that?!? Was that supposed to happen? That was awesome!"

The animations are well done and the taunts are so fitting.

I do experience some gfx glitches upon using Side Special and the Special N "Bone" has randomly gone invisible in battle, but I'm assuming thats because I have the character rel ported.

Not being able to use UP Special repeatedly while grounded is an annoying glitch seeing as how thats a very good move, but I'll live without it.

Can you provide a sawnd file in the download instead of the bnk?

The bnk method is no longer the standard lol.

Again, well done.

I really got used to consider vBrawl completely unbalanced, so yeah, it's very possible I made some mistakes on the knockbacks.
    Glad you liked the alternate attacks. I had this idea thinking Luigi's side B missfire attack, which is a strong attack that happens occasionally. Of course, the chances on Dry Bones are pretty low because I play long fights, but I also didn't want to raise them to avoid making the psa too overpowered. Since I didn't know what to do, I decided to just leave them the way they are.  Kirby Dance The bone bug is probably due to the rel port, unfortunately. That never happened to me before.
    Animations always take a long time. Sometimes they look good in brawlbox and look odd in gameplay, or vice versa. They usually take me 2-3 hours for each one.
    The Up-B is something weird, because CPU can do it as many times as it wants, what doesn't make things easier to look after.
    I didn't know .bnk wasn't being used. I thought it was more popular now, even though I don't use it either. I'll try to upload it tomorrow, then.

Very nice PSA. I have a question for you though.

I'm trying to port your dry bones over game and watch using the perfect rel plug & play thing (http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=53347.0). All the moves are working, but when I use side B, some extra texture appears all over the stage, moving with me for as long as I'm in the shell. I'm assuming I have to change something inside the rel file, but I'm extremely new to this. You wouldn't happen to know how to fix it, would you?

Also, any chance the recolors for luigi will work on this (doubtful?)

I never used plug&play before, sorry, and my rel file knowledge is near zero. Those bugs appear to be different depending on the character you port them over, so it's impossible for me trying to fix it.
    But, if I'm not mistaken, that model over luigi is the same as this one. It's possible you can use them, but you must extract the graphic of the texture with brawlbox and import it on this one, because I had to add bones, what will make your game freeze while using the flamming skull or the alternative final smash, at least.

Renova

Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: October 28, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »

Gecko now uses sawnd instead of bnk

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 03:03:57 PM »

Gecko now uses sawnd instead of bnk

I just uploaded the .sawnd file. You can get it on the vault already.

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 11:30:08 PM »

I never used plug&play before, sorry, and my rel file knowledge is near zero. Those bugs appear to be different depending on the character you port them over, so it's impossible for me trying to fix it.
    But, if I'm not mistaken, that model over luigi is the same as this one. It's possible you can use them, but you must extract the graphic of the texture with brawlbox and import it on this one, because I had to add bones, what will make your game freeze while using the flamming skull or the alternative final smash, at least.

I'm trying to do that now, but I'm not sure what I need to import into it. I did the textures in texturedata[0] and the texture folder in modeldata[0] -> fitlucario00, but it still looks exactly the same.

Also, i don't see your .sawnd file on the brawl vault yet.

edit: I figured out the problem. It's because I ported him over to game and watch with a rel, and apparently he only has one costume slot O.o
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:26:00 PM by Cambriel » Logged

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »

I'm trying to do that now, but I'm not sure what I need to import into it. I did the textures in texturedata[0] and the texture folder in modeldata[0] -> fitlucario00, but it still looks exactly the same.

Also, i don't see your .sawnd file on the brawl vault yet.

edit: I figured out the problem. It's because I ported him over to game and watch with a rel, and apparently he only has one costume slot O.o

That's interesting. Didn't know costume slots were also affected by rel files.
    By the way, the only file you really need to replace is the one called "M" in the texture folder. If you just replace it with the other recolors, you will erase the skull graphics and possibly will have problems with the eye iris.
    Also, the .sawnd file in on the "SFX" section, not in the characters.
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:25:45 PM by Mortimer » Logged

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 03:57:26 PM »

They aren't, he means that Mr. Game&Watch has one slot and he was trying to port the character over him.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 05:30:48 PM »

Man i really would love to see some of this final smashes incorporated into stages,
    what i mean
    for example:
    image Kraid being 4th player, CPU
    And all he does is as soon as the match starts, he goes into the background and starts attacking the other 3 opponents in the stage
    kinda like using the 4th player slot as the stage collision main
    it would be a project i know, and it would require codes and stuff, but i think it would be kinda cool to see it happen if people are interested in it
    i hope u guise know what i mean, and i think ur work would be perfect to make something like this possible

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: October 31, 2013, 12:44:04 AM »

By the way, the only file you really need to replace is the one called "M" in the texture folder. If you just replace it with the other recolors, you will erase the skull graphics and possibly will have problems with the eye iris.

That's funny, that's what I did the first time I tried, but it didn't change because of how game and watch's (lack of) textures work. Thanks

Quote from: spoontheman
    They aren't, he means that Mr. Game&Watch has one slot and he was trying to port the character over him.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Game and Watch apparently doesn't have any textures. It has the one black slot, and the rest of his costumes are just a color overlay saved in the same fitgamewatch00 file.

edit: I got the recolors working now, along with CSPs and in game images. I'm getting permission to upload them, so everyone can use them. Someone should make stock icons for him as well.
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:08:41 AM by Cambriel » Logged

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: November 01, 2013, 08:56:55 AM »

Ah ye, I forgot about Mr.Game's lack of textures.

Man i really would love to see some of this final smashes incorporated into stages,
    what i mean
    for example:
    image Kraid being 4th player, CPU
    And all he does is as soon as the match starts, he goes into the background and starts attacking the other 3 opponents in the stage
    kinda like using the 4th player slot as the stage collision main
    it would be a project i know, and it would require codes and stuff, but i think it would be kinda cool to see it happen if people are interested in it
    i hope u guise know what i mean, and i think ur work would be perfect to make something like this possible

Must say that's a pretty interesting idea, though is far beyond what I can do. What's possible, I think, is to let the fourth player have an endless final smash, and let the cpu keep attacking while the others fight. The problems with this is that many graphics are on the final.pac file, because the char.pac doesn't have enough space to keep them. And you also would have to always make timed battles, because the fourth player would never die, and that would require AI editing as cpu sucks using most of those FSs, and I don't know if it's possible to create certain conditions on the AI file when a certain variable is activated.

I wouldn't mind of anyone doing the images and stock icons. I don't have skills neither patience to do that, anyway.

Hosernaut
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: November 01, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »

I wouldn't mind of anyone doing the images and stock icons. I don't have skills neither patience to do that, anyway.

Most of the images are already out there. At this point, all that needs to be made are stock icons, and an announcer call.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: March 03, 2014, 09:01:04 AM »

Peoples. Firstly, I must say I'm sorry about this error. When Renova told me about it, I thought it was some textures from some external graphics that weren't being read by the game, not the stretching thing. It didn't happen to me, so I didn't know it was actually occuring.
    Fortunately, thanks to Zutox, who told me that 2 days ago and tested the files while I tried to fix the bug, it's now gone. So yea, that's not a rel port issue. For those who downloaded it before, I uploaded the psa again with the fix. And this time I included the sawnd file in the zip, since there's no need to use bnk anymore. But still, the up-B has the same problem.
    And also, for those who downloaded, I'd like know mostly about knockback issues on this psa. If it's too strong or too weak, if the excessive knockback compensates the difficulty to hit opponents with certain attacks or whatever you may have in mind. I'm really not used to vBrawl balacing anymore.

Renova

Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: March 03, 2014, 10:15:04 AM »

No worries man. Glad you managed to fix it.

Do you still plan on releasing any of your hacks from your videos? I'd love to use that snake Metal Gear final smash.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: