Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?
Yeah, sure.   - 18 (81.8%)
I would give a try. - 3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting. - 0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected. - 1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21
Author Topic: Mortimer's Thread - Wandering  (Read 143299 times)
Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
Supreme Kitten

I fear no Evil, for I walk the path of the Gods.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #135 on: July 30, 2014, 01:07:55 PM »

I had it happen twice in a row and tried to replicate it again,
    But couldn't get it to happen a 3rd.
    And that's when I made my first post, asking now to do it.

Because I had thought maybe I did a certain tilt or something.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: July 30, 2014, 03:16:53 PM »

Oi!  Now that I've had a chance to see some more of the alternate attacks, I can give ya some more feedback on 'em.  Have yet to see them all, still...

I've seen the alternate Yoshi and Luigi side-smash attacks, and they work splendidly.  One of them makes my game freeze, however.  This has happened on three separate occasions, so it isn't purely coincidental.  I think what causes the freeze is the Ganondork one, since it's the only one that I haven't seen.  It looked fine in your video, but perhaps it doesn't like to play nice when randomized with the other two...  I've yet to see if it's an issue with the sound.

You could probably increase the damage of the Bazooka Staff to do just a liiiittle bit more damage, percentage-wise.

Because of how rare it is to see the alternate attacks, perhaps you could keep Baphomet from flinching while doing them?  I've seen quite a few alternate attacks that started up, but couldn't wow me because of an opponent hitting me with a cheap shot.

Again, if you can't do any of this stuff because of the limited space left, I completely understand. 

P.S. What was the bug that kept the FitDedede.pac files from being opened in Smash Attacks?  If I know what it is and how to fix it, then I can avoid having that happen with my own .pac files.

Zutox told me his game frozen once, but he thought it could be a stage problem. Now I'm starting to think it has a bug indeed, though I still didn't find what is causing it.
    I can add heavy armor to his alternate attacks, that may help. And I can raise the damage as well.
    The bug is related to psa's source code. That doesn't allow it to open dedede, but it won't crash or bug any file, besides its already high file corruption probability.

Hey I have a question. How does one do those cool moves where he summons the brawl characters? I've been trying to do it all day.

The chances of happening are low. You can read why I did it this way in my answer to Gifted in the last post of page 8.

----
    @everyone
    Guys, if you think the chances are too low, I can raise them without problems. I just didn't want to make it overpowered, but I surely didn't test it enough to say it's good this way.

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: July 30, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »

Zutox told me his game frozen once, but he thought it could be a stage problem. Now I'm starting to think it has a bug indeed, though I still didn't find what is causing it.
    I can add heavy armor to his alternate attacks, that may help. And I can raise the damage as well.
    The bug is related to psa's source code. That doesn't allow it to open dedede, but it won't crash or bug any file, besides its already high file corruption probability.

The chances of happening are low. You can read why I did it this way in my answer to Gifted in the last post of page 8.

----
    @everyone
    Guys, if you think the chances are too low, I can raise them without problems. I just didn't want to make it overpowered, but I surely didn't test it enough to say it's good this way.

You mean Page 9. page 8 is still Blue. page 9 is red. It usually goes red when it means it's been clicked on or I've been there.

Anyway. I think Super Armor on the attacks would be great. Or make it so they always hit and can go through sheilds. After all... they ARE a once in a life time thing.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: July 31, 2014, 10:49:26 AM »

Ok.  Smiley The only thing now is this bug problem. I believe indeed that one of the alternate attacks is causing this, or it would be a lot more often. Just warning that the freezing issue will happen more, probably. But if it happens, try to remember which attack you were doing.
    And this time, I'll let the files named properly.  Tongue

Post Merge: July 31, 2014, 11:48:11 AM
    Alright, I did it already. The chances to perform alternate attacks are easier, and I increased the bazooka staff damage.
    I added heavy armor to slow alternate attacks, but if you receive a damage higher than 10, you still will flinch.
    The allow grab command doesn't work on Baphomet's aerial up-B for some reason, so I boosted his vertical momentum instead, which I thought I couldn't do, because last time I raised it, he went offscreen.

I didn't test those chances, but I'm afraid that making it easier will start making the psa hard to control. Still, you guys decide. If you want it even easier, I can do that.  Smiley

Just re-download it to get the update files.
    And also, I didn't update the cpu version yet, I'll only do that after the psa is in good shape.
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:48:11 AM by Mortimer » Logged

Xalterro
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: August 03, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »

Hoo-hah!  It's me again!  I did some playing around with the updated Baphomet today, and I must say, you did an excellent job making changes to him!

The amount of vertical distance the aerial up-B covers is muuuch better compared to the old distance.  I didn't experience any problems like him Wario Wafting off the top of the screen.

I'm also glad you increased the chances of alternate attacks happening, as well as the Bazooka Staff damage boost.  It's not enough to interfere with or hamper his regular attacking capabilities, but the change is definitely noticeable.  Before, it was rare to see Baphomet use an alternate attack during any play session of an hour or so, but now I can see at least one in a match.  I think the alternate attack likelihood is perfect.

I haven't witnessed the alternate Ganondwarf side-smash attack yet, so I can't verify whether or not the game still freezes after this update.  I can, however, verify that I laughed hysterically when I saw the alternate grounded up-B attack.

I will likely come back later with a few more things to say.

To live is to be evil!

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: August 03, 2014, 02:50:37 PM »

I think your Goat Demon isn't compatible with project M.
    Double jump makes him do a t-stance jump.

This is the old version I am talking about.
    One of the reasons I quit Project M. It's more unstable than anything.

And unbalanced.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: August 03, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »

Hoo-hah!  It's me again!  I did some playing around with the updated Baphomet today, and I must say, you did an excellent job making changes to him!

The amount of vertical distance the aerial up-B covers is muuuch better compared to the old distance.  I didn't experience any problems like him Wario Wafting off the top of the screen.

I'm also glad you increased the chances of alternate attacks happening, as well as the Bazooka Staff damage boost.  It's not enough to interfere with or hamper his regular attacking capabilities, but the change is definitely noticeable.  Before, it was rare to see Baphomet use an alternate attack during any play session of an hour or so, but now I can see at least one in a match.  I think the alternate attack likelihood is perfect.

I haven't witnessed the alternate Ganondwarf side-smash attack yet, so I can't verify whether or not the game still freezes after this update.  I can, however, verify that I laughed hysterically when I saw the alternate grounded up-B attack.

I will likely come back later with a few more things to say.

That's good to hear. Smiley I couldn't test it, but I was hoping it would be at least better.  Tongue I'm always worried when editing anything on this pac file. You wouldn't want to know how many problems I had.
    By the way, I just noticed when raising the chances that even for my normal 20 mins battle standards, the chances were too low.  Cool

About Ganon, his appearing chance is exactly the same as the other two. If he doesn't appear, you were unlucky, or lucky if it's bugged. It didn't crash for me at least.

I think your Goat Demon isn't compatible with project M.
    Double jump makes him do a t-stance jump.

This is the old version I am talking about.
    One of the reasons I quit Project M. It's more unstable than anything.

And unbalanced.

I had removed the multiple jump ability from dedede. I know nothing about Project M, so I can't say why he is double jumping there. 
    He probably will have problems there considering the weird physics project M has. I tried it once, but the air dodging leading to helpless fall was something I couldn't get used to. I also totally disapproved the fully charged Bowser's side smash almost killing anyone at 0 damage and the absurd distance Luigi's green missile travels. Just saying because after that, I stopped using it, what means I'm not qualified neither have any desire of making project M versions of any psas.

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: August 04, 2014, 06:58:02 AM »

I wouldn't. And I mean Double Jump as in. You jump from the Ground. Then you can jump once more in mid-air. Double Jump. Smiley

I hate how a majority of Bowser's moves have super armor. Can't tell you how many times I had Bowser dead to rights, only to be hit anyway. Like, I saw the hit frames on Bowser, but he didn't get any knockback and hit me, instead.
    I hate how they took out Yoshi's little hop when he does his Up+B, making his recovery completely useless. I get his Double Jump gives him that flutter jump. But that shouldn't be the extent. if a person interrupts it, he's dead.

I DO Enjoy Project M's Zelda and I brought that PSA over to my BrawlEX.

Also, I need some assistance. or... I can't PSA worth a damn and was hoping you could do me a favor for two moveset files. If I were to PM you, could you help me?

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: August 04, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »

Ah well. Still don't know what causes him to go to t-pose.

Bowser for me has always been problem, regardless if in vBrawl or project M. In brawl, I never understood why his side smash launch opponents so high, that makes the move weak. His side special is terrible, and his recovery move, for some reason, have big issues when grabbing a ledge, like if half of Bowser's body is bellow the ledge, he won't grab it. I also think his landing lag is too high, considering he is not as strong as he should be.
    I always judged Yoshi a decent character, with the only big problems being his egg that explodes too soon, his egg roll, which is a bit useless (can't say much about this one, because I honestly didn't like of how Dry Bones'shell attack ended up. Tongue) and I think his down smash is also too weak. Those moves were improved in project M, so I give them that credit, but I basically changed all those things that bothered me, so I never download psas with improvements.

You can pm me, sure.  Smiley I just hope your doubts aren't about Din's fire, because I know they changed it and I never checked out what they did.

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #144 on: August 04, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »

As for Din's Fire in Project M... you can set out 3. Set them as Traps for Area denial and even throw opponents into them. It's fun. And you don't fo into Helpless when you do din's fire in the air.

Everything about it just feel's right. And in BrawlEX, it makes it even better because their is no lag between strikes.
    Makes my Peach game play deadly. I'm all about combos.
    And I put in the Turbo Mode code in and makes my Combos even DEADILER!

Post Merge: August 04, 2014, 01:06:50 PM
    Also, can you put DryBones over Yoshi?
    I already have a PSA over Lucario, Kid Buu.

I like Sondoom's Kid Buu PSA alot. l0l.
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:06:50 PM by Ǥɪғᴛᴇᴅ » Logged

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: August 05, 2014, 04:00:40 PM »

I know Lucario can be rel ported and used in BrawlEx as well. Since you know how to use brawlex, you should just add him there, as hell ports tend to have graphical glitches, and that's a thing I only tried once 3 years ago, when Plug and Play didn't exist yet. I know nothing about it anymore.  Lips Sealed

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: August 05, 2014, 06:41:57 PM »

I don't know how to add slots to BrawlEX.
    I want to take out certain slots.
    So it'll be the normal cast.
    Can't do that either.

I just know Doc has the same rel as Mario.
    Mewtwo, the same as Lucario.
    Roy, the same as Marth.
    Louie, the same as Olimar.

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: August 24, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »

Hej. Since I got no further complains, I update it again with the side smash bug fixed, theorically, thanks to Zutox's help again.  Smiley Apparently, a graphics combination were crashing the game. That seems a bit senseless for me, so if anyone get a freeze with this attack again, I'll remove it from the psa.

Besides that, I've been working on Koopa Troopa in this meantime.

Brawlbox made the gifs faster than I wanted, but that's basically it. Those are a bit slower than what they really are.

I'm posting this because this psa is on its final stages. I already animated and coded everything, with the final smash being the only thing left to be coded. I know koopas have a lot roles in Mario games, and even though I already finished with the specials, I feel tjere's more fitting things that could be done. If anyone has any idea of what could be done as an alternative attack, you can tell me.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Active Contributor Diamond in the Rough Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: August 24, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »

The animations look great. Can't wait to see what you have done with the PSA.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: August 24, 2014, 07:01:48 PM »

When you do a smash attack, there is a 50/50 chance of a Red shell coming out and homing in on the opponent.

Low Knock back.. after all... 50/50 chance is a pretty high chance.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21
    Print
    Jump to: