Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 49
Author Topic: Project Mirage [The Project M-inspired recolor thread] (UPDATED: 27/02/2014)  (Read 233587 times)
PK-Thunder
Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #330 on: September 03, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »

shun, any ideas about fox?

this is the fox I'm happiest about.
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:48:55 PM by RedGamer » Logged

UmbraVivens
    Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #331 on: September 03, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »

OK, what's this?

SOMEONE RECOLORED MY RECOLOR?

Sup guys, i'm the OP, i'm sorry for my absense, i had my internet cut down for money issues, and i feel guilty (and this will sound mean), like making this thread to see you all make all these recolors while i look from afar, i still have to help you help me
       Thanks for your kind help in this thread, it's apreciated, now i have to manage how to make a nice pallette for an easier and deeper way to make these recolors, but i don't know if it is still worth it, there are just a few characters left D:

What exactly does this thread do?

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #332 on: September 03, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »

Can you also do this for stages & character imports?

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

UmbraVivens
    Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #333 on: September 03, 2013, 04:35:20 PM »

Can you also do this for stages & character imports?
    you can, as long as you don't mess with collisions, or prioritary stage animations, like moving platform patterns
    and you can make recolors for imports like Melee Ganondorf (and other Melee imports) Shun_One's Awakaning Marth, Other M Zero Suit Samus you name it, what i don't allow are Dragon Ball, Naruto, Final Fantasy, Sonic OCs and stuff like that, or you casn post the model you want to recolor and i'll see if it fits well, you can ask

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #334 on: September 03, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »

you can, as long as you don't mess with collisions, or prioritary stage animations, like moving platform patterns
    and you can make recolors for imports like Melee Ganondorf (and other Melee imports) Shun_One's Awakaning Marth, Other M Zero Suit Samus you name it, what i don't allow are Dragon Ball, Naruto, Final Fantasy, Sonic OCs and stuff like that, or you casn post the model you want to recolor and i'll see if it fits well, you can ask
    I'll give it a try.

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

« Reply #335 on: September 03, 2013, 07:12:00 PM »

i had my internet cut down for money issues
    I'm guessing since you used the past tense it means you're back for good now? Smiley

UmbraVivens
    Mega Kitten

where the moves at?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #336 on: September 03, 2013, 10:57:07 PM »

I'm guessing since you used the past tense it means you're back for good now? Smiley
    indeed my friend, i have the proper time to supervise the thread, what's the issue?
    i'm working on Mirage Wolf, i'll use some colors that i got from a certain page, and they have their respective name, if you like the taste it comes with, i'll update the OP with a list of said colors

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

« Reply #337 on: September 03, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »

No issue really, we just need to update that OP asap, we want to make this thread look a bit more professional and organized.
    Also, take your time on that Wolf. No rush.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #338 on: September 04, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »

I like your falcon, but I'd prefer all of the violets to be the same color purple as in the pics.

UnbornLegacy
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #339 on: September 04, 2013, 04:48:30 PM »

If we pulled our punches we wouldn't get the best out of you, now would we?
    It's not like I'm not trying. Isn't more like i tried too much?  Angel

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a483/unbornlegacy0/al_130904_1848binout_zps2968d53c.jpg
     (Don't mind the eyelids. I'll fix those next post...)

I tried Shun_One's suggestions and I think it's alright. But, somethings missing (and i don't just mean the logos) Would anyone else say it's going the right direction?

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #340 on: September 04, 2013, 05:23:11 PM »

shun, any ideas about fox?

this is the fox I'm happiest about.
    Almost missed this. I assume you want to roll with this design, so here are some tips to help you balance it out and have it look nice.

- Desaturate the jacket sleeves by about 40 points so they look like his jacket is flipped. You have it done in the second picture, however, so match that if you haven't already.

- Brighten up the dark so it's more 80% gray rather than pitch black. This should return the detail to the armor plates and improve the over-all look.

- Darken the white so it's more 40% gray so it isn't so bright on certain stages. Brawl handles white colors oddly, so it's typically safer to go with a darker color than what looks right on your monitor.

- On his shirt, the small v-like portion just underneath his scarf would look nice if it was the same dark-gray as the armor plates, IMO.

- You may want to make the visor violet as well. It looks a tad out of place blue.

- A potential design swap, is to make the boots and gloves black (80% gray), while making the armor plates violet. You can make the boots trim along the bottom violet as well if you go with this type of design.

I think your current design has merit, but hopefully these tips give you a few ideas.

It's not like I'm not trying. Isn't more like i tried too much?  Angel

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a483/unbornlegacy0/al_130904_1848binout_zps2968d53c.jpg
     (Don't mind the eyelids. I'll fix those next post...)

I tried Shun_One's suggestions and I think it's alright. But, somethings missing (and i don't just mean the logos) Would anyone else say it's going the right direction?

You are headed in the right direction. The patterned coat is an interesting idea. Here's a few more suggestions:

- Consider making the shoes the same color as his coat fur.

- You may want to tone down the brightness of his kimono's white trim. It's a bit hard on the eyes at the moment. Adjusting it by about 20-40 points should do.

- Don't forget to apply the skin color swap to his blink textures. I'm sure you're aware of this though.

- What you deem "missing" is the pattern on his stomach is too simple and makes the entire design uninteresting to look at. Consider copying over-vBrawl-Purple Dedede's girdle pattern, but swapping the gold lines to white.
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:52:59 PM by Shun_One » Logged

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #341 on: September 04, 2013, 06:43:47 PM »

My biggest concern is when two people do their own versions of "twin" characters. For example, when one does Marioband the other does Luigi. If their is design is extremely different I feel as though it seems less official. This is my opinion, I'm sorry if it may have offended anyone.

andalsoandy
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #342 on: September 04, 2013, 07:36:39 PM »

My biggest concern is when two people do their own versions of "twin" characters. For example, when one does Marioband the other does Luigi. If their is design is extremely different I feel as though it seems less official. This is my opinion, I'm sorry if it may have offended anyone.

I don't think anyone's character designs will be COMPLETELY different but if they are, they can always be tweaked.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #343 on: September 04, 2013, 08:51:55 PM »

On the flip-side, if Mario and Luigi's designs are too similar, it becomes difficult to tell them apart.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Dio
    Extreme Kitten

I will go beyond the borders of humanity!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: September 04, 2013, 09:35:03 PM »

On the flip-side, if Mario and Luigi's designs are too similar, it becomes difficult to tell them apart.
    Not to mention Luigi's Waliugi color makes this really hard to achieve. My First Mirage Mario was a result of trying to avoid a Waluigi Mario. But it depends on the "twin" characters.

Anyway.
    I like how DDD is coming along. I would make the eyelids match the fur(unless you already figured you'd fix that)
    The robe design. I would suggest a zigzag pattern in dark blue and white.

Post Merge: September 04, 2013, 09:36:21 PM
    Also
    Who had not been done yet?
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:36:21 PM by Kramerdorf » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 49
    Print
    Jump to: