Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallery Updates on the way + My photobucket reminder  (Read 8648 times)
ピカノ
THE catgirl fan
Special Access

papersak's personal stalker

• Awards Famous Hacker Pin Collector Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: March 14, 2010, 06:14:02 PM »

First off, the boring news.

My photobucket pro account has expired. Why is this news? I used to host a LOT of other people's screenshots and avatars.

I have deleted 90% of the Brawl pics off my photobucket in order to get back within the free restrictions. About a month ago, I made a backup of all 1,292 images on here (thank you very much Dantarion); if I had hosted something of yours and it is now missing, you can find it here or alternatively, download my archive in 2 180MB chunks [1][2].

You really shouldn't need to worry about fixing links either on here or in the gallery, I've taken care of that with the creative use of the censor options.

On to the  AWESOME 2.0! interesting AWESOME 2.0! news.

As my programming languages teacher would put it, I "know enough to be dangerous". That is... I've had a lot of chances to experiment with HTML, Javascript, PHP, and SQL over the past few months. What this means for you?

A new Brawl Hacks gallery system! No longer will you have to wait on a staff member to manually input your latest work! Well... actually, you'll at least have to wait until I finish creating it.

What features will it offer?
    • Characters, Stages, Models, Textures, Music, Sound Effects...
      • All supported!
      • Not too impressive, considering it just handles links to them. But... still, woo!
    • Instant Submission
      • Fill out a form, click a button, and you're done!
      • New additions will instantly* appear on site!
      • *By default, the gallery will display only "moderated" content. Unfiltered content can be set as an option.
    • Searching!
      • All pages are dynamically generated meaning allowing for custom searches.
      • Search by type of hack, name, creator, or date of submission!

When will it be done? Not sure but, its already operational on my test server. The submission form is currently lacking quite a few choices, I'd like to minimize database queries by caching the main searches, and the layout is currently non-existent.

Also, it still will take quite a bit of work to convert the old gallery over to the new system. I'd be more than happy to have some help with that --- no technical skill required, just a lot of mindless copypasta into an excel spreadsheet. (Contact me for details!)

And because no post of mine is complete without it...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPb9q4EEThw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPb9q4EEThw</a>

and a plea to visit my site! Click my sig already, damnit. Tongue

LookItsLink
    Look-Its-'Nother-Addiction
    Special Access

mhmm.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container Staff Helper

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »

NOICE! And I'll click your sig if you click mine Wink
    I'm sure you're not planning on finishing all this copy-pasta by tonight, I'm saying this because I'd love to help but I'm busy atm. Tomorrow or Tuesday should be good though, add me on MSN or AIM or PM me, if that's alright. Just realized you said for us to add you, not the other way around  Roll Eyes
    « Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:39:57 PM by LookItsLink » Logged

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:29:53 PM »

Curse you and your shameless plugs!

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 12:18:39 AM »

I have seen this. It is amazing.

And I need to do something about my Photobucket, too... A lot of the images in the gallery are hosted there.

Edit: I have seen it again. It is beyond amazing, straight into godly. Picano is the man.
    « Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:17:23 PM by Vyse » Logged

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »

Sounds awesome.

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 07:04:12 PM »

Sounds awesome.

Once I get the edit system working... a lot of your stuff needs new working images. Tongue

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 08:25:41 PM »

I want.

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 12:02:15 AM »

Sounds awesome.

Once I get the edit system working... a lot of your stuff needs new working images. Tongue

All my pics are at imageshack now.  The one's at the gallery are on photobucket I think.

DVDV
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 05:53:59 PM »

Could a small tag be put up on each section showing where to put the files? I have no idea where to put half of the files that are up there, my expertise are limited to characters, stages and CSPs

ピカノ
    THE catgirl fan
    Special Access

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 01:06:08 AM »

Could a small tag be put up on each section showing where to put the files? I have no idea where to put half of the files that are up there, my expertise are limited to characters, stages and CSPs

I can but... I've been out of the scene for a while and would need someone to compile a list for me.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: