Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 17, 2014, 08:13:34 PM
Well, it's not a VIS0 thing but I'll definitely do something like that for one of the versions.

BTW, if you want me to make that video for your stage, just send me a PM with both stage and song and I'll do it.

My Skype isn't a secret or anything, so no need to send a PM. It's just 'Mewtwo2000', and you can count on me. Keep in mind that I don't get online too frequently anyway.

Sent you a contact request!

Coming from: TheRealHeroOfTime or AKA youngsora11 or another AKA youngsora1


That looks frustating to get even 1 K.O.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on June 23, 2014, 03:22:51 AM
That looks frustating to get even 1 K.O.
I thought the same thing while watching the video :P (Stamina Brawl would be amazing there, though...)
It looks nice (and I love it!) but, doesn't it feel a bit empty?


is this stage fully modeled, or just the top half? if fully modeled, maybe after a minute or two, it scrolls to the bottom for star ko possibilities? and after one or two minutes more, scroll up.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on June 23, 2014, 03:22:51 AM
That looks frustating to get even 1 K.O.
This
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

remember guys.. this is the "first preview", hes not done with it yet lol

as far as my own thoughts go, i love how you respawn inside of the ghost box.. thats a nice touch xP

also how do you get it to pulse the different colors like that!??! i gotta know! =3

either way it makes a nice touch to such a large stage with not much in it atm.. but im sure that might change. =P

but yes the stage is pretty large and bordered all around.. and the only spot you can KO at is the redirect areas? yeah something might have to change.

you could go with a scrolling stage like FPS megaman said.. but nobody really likes those stages very much.. however it would be a new thing if it only scrolled up and down since i dont think any other stage does that. =P

you could also remove the outside border of the stage, making the stage only platforms.. but im not sure what that would be like to play either..

if only we knew how nintendo was making smash 4's version. :/

[white]

i know exactly how they did it
the level is just like the megaman one
with alot of dots on teh side and a few areas of the maze
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

Heya Mewtwo! I actually had the idea of working on a Pac Man stage too! I basically took the layout of SSB4's Pac Man stage and re-purposed 75m's hazards to get working ghosts and fruit.
Here's a "proof of concept" video if you'd like to take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0rfVK72UA&feature=youtu.be

While I normally wouldn't make a preview for something that is as unpolished as this, I'm probably not going to continue making it anyway. You're already working on a a fantastic-looking Pac Man stage, so mine would just be redundant.

Just thought I would share just in case you wanted to use this idea or something similar :P

Hi Sandfall, I guess I've never talked to you before. All my respects to you, I've seen the stuff you've been working on lately and everything is outstanding.

Please, make me a favor, and keep working on that Pac-Man stage. I was suggested to use 75m for mine in one of the comments in the video, and will probably do it. And it's possible that I end up emulating the SSB4 layout as an alternate version too, it was in my plans when I started working on it. But what you got there is pretty neat, and I don't want you to stop working on it at all.

Thanks for your intentions, but seriously, keep up the good work. In case you need something for any of your stages, advice of any kind or whatever, don't doubt and ask me, I'll gladly try to help you.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Sandfall on June 24, 2014, 10:35:51 AM
Heya Mewtwo! I actually had the idea of working on a Pac Man stage too! I basically took the layout of SSB4's Pac Man stage and re-purposed 75m's hazards to get working ghosts and fruit.
Here's a "proof of concept" video if you'd like to take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0rfVK72UA&feature=youtu.be

While I normally wouldn't make a preview for something that is as unpolished as this, I'm probably not going to continue making it anyway. You're already working on a a fantastic-looking Pac Man stage, so mine would just be redundant.

Just thought I would share just in case you wanted to use this idea or something similar :P

I agree with mewtwo, while it is kind of rough like you said, im really liking the progress so far! the layout of the platforms is unique and the way the ghosts come in and out is neat too. it just needs some detail work to make it look good! =P

like if you could have something like mewtwo is working on in teh background, then have the ghosts follow it like a rail track, it might look cleaner.

but again, i agree with mewtwo, its your version and you should definitely keep working on it!

[white]

Quote from: Sandfall on June 24, 2014, 10:35:51 AM
Heya Mewtwo! I actually had the idea of working on a Pac Man stage too! I basically took the layout of SSB4's Pac Man stage and re-purposed 75m's hazards to get working ghosts and fruit.
Here's a "proof of concept" video if you'd like to take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0rfVK72UA&feature=youtu.be

While I normally wouldn't make a preview for something that is as unpolished as this, I'm probably not going to continue making it anyway. You're already working on a a fantastic-looking Pac Man stage, so mine would just be redundant.

Just thought I would share just in case you wanted to use this idea or something similar :P
Personnally, I like. I think the idea is great and it's over 75M, aka a useless stage. Please, keep going on your idea.
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 24, 2014, 11:44:00 AM
Hi Sandfall, I guess I've never talked to you before. All my respects to you, I've seen the stuff you've been working on lately and everything is outstanding.

Please, make me a favor, and keep working on that Pac-Man stage. I was suggested to use 75m for mine in one of the comments in the video, and will probably do it. And it's possible that I end up emulating the SSB4 layout as an alternate version too, it was in my plans when I started working on it. But what you got there is pretty neat, and I don't want you to stop working on it at all.

Thanks for your intentions, but seriously, keep up the good work. In case you need something for any of your stages, advice of any kind or whatever, don't doubt and ask me, I'll gladly try to help you.

Thanks Mewtwo, that truly means a lot to me. I guess I'll keep working on the stage. Hopefully I'll come up with something fun!

Also, I actually had a couple of questions I've been meaning to ask you (mostly about stage hazards and the STDT). The only one I can remember off the top of my head though has to do with Brinstar/Norfair's lava. I've noticed that a couple of (currently unreleased) stage previews I've seen have lava that doesn't move. I've been wanting to make a stage with static lava like this, but the STDT for Norfair and Brinstar is currently undocumented (as far as I know). Would you happen to know how to do this?