Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Well, I got a WIP stage using static Norfair lava. When I get back to work on it, I'll give a closer look to all the editable stuff, but for the moment what I've done is modifying the bone structure of the lava model. That way, the stage forces the main bone to be moved, but it's unlinked to the rest of the model, and burning collisions are attached to certain bones at a lower level. So, it's a matter of having 2 main bones, being the first of them completely unlinked to the rest.

Maybe there's STDT stuff that can make it not move at all, that's what I still need to test. Once tested I'll post my findings if any. But for the moment you can just do the bones thing.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

There is one, actually. It's one of the first parameters (0x024) in STDT, and it's 1 by default. Setting it to 0 makes the lava static.
Edit: That's only for the one beneath the stage though; I've yet to find how to disable the other lava hazards without having to delete the STDT file.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 25, 2014, 12:23:07 PM
Well, I got a WIP stage using static Norfair lava. When I get back to work on it, I'll give a closer look to all the editable stuff, but for the moment what I've done is modifying the bone structure of the lava model. That way, the stage forces the main bone to be moved, but it's unlinked to the rest of the model, and burning collisions are attached to certain bones at a lower level. So, it's a matter of having 2 main bones, being the first of them completely unlinked to the rest.

Maybe there's STDT stuff that can make it not move at all, that's what I still need to test. Once tested I'll post my findings if any. But for the moment you can just do the bones thing.

wait STDT stuff!?!? what is STDT!? im out of the loop!! T_T

oh but speaking of norfair's lava... my currently in progress stage looks perfectly fine in vanilla brawl..

but when used on project melee...

well for some reason i cant show you with a screenshot, ill need you to look at it on your own wii unfortunately..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3ye7xvn744dunu/STGNORFAIR.pac

again, perfectly fine on Vbrawl.. im pretty sure it has to do with the fact that the background is a monster hunter import and is constructed with an animation maybe?

[white]

Maybe what happens to you with PM is just that you've not removed the st_norfair.rel file, which turns Norfair into a Final Destination clone.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 26, 2014, 12:35:29 AM
Maybe what happens to you with PM is just that you've not removed the st_norfair.rel file, which turns Norfair into a Final Destination clone.

... that totally worked and i feel silly for not thinking of it myself. Dx

thanks again mewtwo! =3

[white]

Hi everyone. I've not said it here, so I'm doing it now. I'm on vacation right now and I can barely answer to the PMs, so if you need my help and you get no response, know that this is the reason. I'll be back in like 3 weeks.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on July 18, 2014, 04:04:05 PM
Hi everyone. I've not said it here, so I'm doing it now. I'm on vacation right now and I can barely answer to the PMs, so if you need my help and you get no response, know that this is the reason. I'll be back in like 3 weeks.

have fun vacationing! you didnt say where you are vacationing at though!

if you happen to be in florida lemme know, i have sage advice lol

[white]




Have fun, dude! :D
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Amazing stages Mewtwo200 :) I'd love to see Rogueport from Paper Mario TTYD or something from Donkey Kong 64 in the future? :D

Hi everyone!

I'm now organizing and fixing stuff in my vault. Too many broken previews, donwloads, and outdated stuff, and this can't be like this from now on.

I'm gonna get into stages once again, and I hope to be finishing and releasing some stages soon. I'll also focus on revamping some stages and will make videos of some of those stages I made long ago and people that are new here may not know.

Hope you all are doing well.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

good to have my favorite stage maker back

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Nice! Great to see you back at the stage scene!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]